I just can't download the three files. Not with the links under 'How to install' or any other way? What do I do wrong?
    05-25-15 08:00 AM
    Well I had no problems. And Google Play music is working for me. I get the prompt that it requires Google Play Services but it really doesn't. Which is surprising.

However, 1 strange thing is that one of the files is no longer visible. See the bottom row? And I've gone through every folder to try to find it. If I attempt to reinstall it, it's already there.

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"
    Attachment 354453
    05-25-15 11:37 AM
    Well I had no problems. And Google Play music is working for me. I get the prompt that it requires Google Play Services but it really doesn't. Which is surprising.

However, 1 strange thing is that one of the files is no longer visible. See the bottom row? And I've gone through every folder to try to find it. If I attempt to reinstall it, it's already there.

Attachment 354453
    I wish Search Assistant (or whatever it is called) would show us which page an app/icon is on when it finds it. The Icons and Text are small enough that I, also, can't always find the app I'm looking for. Yesterday it was the Starbucks app. You'd think their icon is unique enough to be easy to spot but I must have passed over it 3 or 4 times. Maybe I need to go for a simpler wallpaper. I even have one of those apps that creates empty/blank icons so that I can space apps out and surround some of them with blank space. Still things go "missing."
    05-25-15 12:02 PM
    I wish Search Assistant (or whatever it is called) would show us which page an app/icon is on when it finds it. The Icons and Text are small enough that I, also, can't always find the app I'm looking for. Yesterday it was the Starbucks app. You'd think their icon is unique enough to be easy to spot but I must have passed over it 3 or 4 times. Maybe I need to go for a simpler wallpaper. I even have one of those apps that creates empty/blank icons so that I can space apps out and surround some of them with blank space. Still things go "missing."
    Yeah that's 1 of the reasons why I go with a simple black wallpaper most of the time. Seems the be the most efficient.

05-25-15 12:05 PM
    Love that "blank icon" app though. Sure makes the reach nice and easy on the Z30

Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20150525_121308.png
    05-25-15 12:13 PM
    Just discovered some debug options in Play Store. The don't all work but it's interesting to see what the developers have implemented.
    Attached Thumbnails Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-1432575145248.jpg   Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-1432575160076.jpg  
    05-25-15 12:33 PM
    Thanks a lot for this post as I am now a new happy Play Store user. One thing to note I had a "Check-in Failed" message when attempting to register the phone.
    I fixed the issue by temporarily removing the "2-step Verification" from my Google account and then trying all the steps again.

Thanks again!
    05-25-15 03:08 PM
    Happy to hear that you are enjoying the Play Store. 2-Step authentication is supported, but you'll have to create an app specific password for the Google ID app. But turning off 2-step is of course also an alternative.
    05-25-15 03:14 PM
    Being able to buy apps and a few other things that Snap won't do. Like utilizing Google Play Services. Other reasons too.

I'm not actually using it as I just got on 10.3.1 this morning. But soon I might.

Don't some Google-based apps (i.e. Google Drive) also run more stably with this installed vs. Snap, or does it not impact that?
    05-25-15 03:31 PM
    I did all three steps and have all three apps but when I go to Google store it says connection error please try again. I click search anyway and it just loads for forever with no results. I have perfect service so I know it shouldn't say connection error. What do I do?

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 05:33 PM
    You device is not checked in. Run Blackberry Google ID and re-checkin.
    05-25-15 05:54 PM
    Thanks to get playstore in my mobile

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 06:32 PM
    Done have a greatday

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 06:33 PM
    Do you any idea about facebook new updates

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 06:36 PM
    It worked. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 09:13 PM
    The check in worked but now it keeps sayin Google play store has stopped and closes the app

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 09:16 PM
    I updated to the latest version of the play store and it still don't work. What can I do?

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 10:21 PM
    Don't some Google-based apps (i.e. Google Drive) also run more stably with this installed vs. Snap, or does it not impact that?
    No real impact to speak of. Whatever you load after its on there, it's on there.
    05-25-15 10:31 PM
    I updated to the latest version of the play store and it still don't work. What can I do?

Posted via CB10
    Update your device to OS. 10.3.
    05-26-15 01:36 AM
    Just downloaded the play store today. It updated my google maps that I had installed from snap. How do I get it to stop notifying me in the hub to get google play services on it. Also I have auto updates off does the play store consume battery when not open. Thanks in advance.

Posted via International Passport
    Last edited by alb101; 05-26-15 at 02:51 AM.
    05-26-15 02:41 AM
    Can you give a link for this obb downloader ? I searched for it and didn't find any results
    05-26-15 03:04 AM
    Can you give a link for this obb downloader ? I searched for it and didn't find any results
    The obb Downloader is the Google Play store itself. Just load the apks files from the first post.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 03:16 AM
    Just downloaded the play store today. It updated my google maps that I had installed from snap. How do I get it to stop notifying me in the hub to get google play services on it. Also I have auto updates off does the play store consume battery when not open. Thanks in advance.

Download the "android settings" apk, I can't remember if it's in the first post or on "Cobalts Google apps landing page", from there you'll be able to switch off the notifications.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 03:18 AM

To turn off notifications in Google Maps:

- Run Blackberry Google ID
    - go to top right menu, choose Android Settings
    - Go to apps, Google Maps and turn off notifications

Play Store consumes very little amount of you battery capacity (0.x%).
    05-26-15 03:45 AM
    To turn off notifications in Google Maps:

- Run Blackberry Google ID
    - go to top right menu, choose Android Settings
    - Go to apps, Google Maps and turn off notifications

Play Store consumes very little amount of you battery capacity (0.x%).
    Less than 0.2% in 48 hours... Very nice

Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20150526_040754.png
    05-26-15 04:08 AM
6,728 ... 118119120121122 ...