Hi Cobalt232,

I think I have followed the proper steps in downloading the right links but when I go to open the apps I have down loaded I keep getting this message what have I done wrong or how can i fix this to get the app working properly?

thanks,

Attachment 352754
    Check out the FAQ in his first post.
    05-13-15 08:41 PM
    Cobalt, thank you so much for this! It really helps.

Quick question about Hangouts: would getting the CEF in a blackberry app help? I think Hangouts is a chrome app too? Your thoughts on this approach.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 09:56 PM
    5.5.8 update is not loading page. Fix the link please
    Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20150514_094605.png

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 11:18 PM
    when I get the popup saying "this app needs google play services", I click outside that dialogue box and the app starts up. I have sent so many people to this thread. Thanks Again!!
    05-14-15 03:16 PM
    Why in blackberry z3 play store is not working plz me fastely

Posted via CB10
    Describe it. More info please

Posted by Z30
    05-14-15 11:08 PM
    Cobalt, thank you so much for this! It really helps.

Quick question about Hangouts: would getting the CEF in a blackberry app help? I think Hangouts is a chrome app too? Your thoughts on this approach.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, but currently we don't have any Google+ login.
    05-15-15 04:25 AM
    Where can i download an app to use googleplay store? Is there any apk?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 05:25 AM
    Where can i download an app to use googleplay store? Is there any apk?

Posted via CB10
    Please read the first post

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    05-15-15 05:59 AM
    Play store always closes when downloading an update since I installed new version

Posted via CB10
    I updated GMS to 7.0.99 and new playstore is working now

Passport 10.3.1.2582 UK. It can only be attributable to human error
    05-15-15 06:32 PM
    Hi Cobalt! I have recently come across your thread with command line tools that make android apps run in the background and successfully converted some. Thank you, its great and I'm loving it! But that topic seems to be kinda abandoned I'd say so I wanted to ask if your app in this thread or any other of your apps that you are currently supporting is able to do the same - make android apps run in the background? Just don't wanna miss anything out Thanks.

P.S. I searched this thread but didn't seem to find an answer.
    05-16-15 02:21 AM
    Hi! That thread is quite old but the instructions there are still valid. As the fix I propose there relies on the BlackBerry Command line tools, I didn't implement them in my apps.

The tread may be abandoned because it may be a bit to technically to some ;-)
    F1111 likes this.
    05-16-15 02:37 AM
    Google Play Store 5.5.12 build 1
    * All previous patches applied

Just the regular mid-month version bump by Google. Code comparison revealed some fixed typos and minor code cleanup.

The download links in the first post have been updated.

Enjoy!
    05-16-15 03:03 AM
    Hi! That thread is quite old but the instructions there are still valid. As the fix I propose there relies on the BlackBerry Command line tools, I didn't implement them in my apps.

The tread may be abandoned because it may be a bit to technically to some ;-)
    Hi! And thank you for your reply!

Hell yeah! The instructions and tools work like a charm! So that's the only way to make apk run in the background, right?

Hm, in that case I am really surprised that particular thread is not very popular because in my opinion making android apps headless makes using them so much more convenient. I don't want them minimized - i don't want to see them at all but I want to receive notifications.

Last question here - do you mind if I post there a download link mirror for your command line tools? The provided link is dead. Thanks.
    05-16-15 03:38 AM
    Cobalt you da man!

Question: Will Android apps installed directly from the Google Play Store as per your installation method allow them to run better (aka faster, more smoothly, less crashing) as opposed to installing the same app from the Amazon Store or side loading?

My experience has been hit or miss with Android apps on BB10. So much so I gave up using them to ward off future frustration.

PS- My hardware was a Z3 running 10.3.0.1054

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-16-15 08:56 AM
    Hi. It's just the Play Store. Apps won't run smoother or better. But some apps may work that didn' work before because of missing license verification.
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    05-16-15 09:50 AM

Hey, funny that it now works, but thanks anyway for the feedback. Maybe it would have also worked if you just would remove Play services.
    05-16-15 11:56 AM
    Hi Cobalt! I have recently come across your thread with command line tools that make android apps run in the background and successfully converted some. Thank you, its great and I'm loving it! But that topic seems to be kinda abandoned I'd say so I wanted to ask if your app in this thread or any other of your apps that you are currently supporting is able to do the same - make android apps run in the background? Just don't wanna miss anything out Thanks.

P.S. I searched this thread but didn't seem to find an answer.
    Hi..can i give it a go? Whats the forum thread? Does that mean i'll get push notifications from apps like instagram etc.?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 01:10 PM
    Hi..can i give it a go? Whats the forum thread? Does that mean i'll get push notifications from apps like instagram etc.?

Posted via CB10
    Hey, its this one - headless apps. But the download link is dead and I can't post a mirror download link without Cobalt's ok.
    As for the push notifications you have test and try every app you are interested in yourself as some wouldn't even work at all. I personally was only looking for the apps to run in the background. The ones I use - Viber for example - run in the background and I see in the hub if someone sends me a new message.
    05-16-15 03:03 PM
    Thanks for the good work here, I have everything working on my BlackBerry Z30 just that the Google Play Service failed to install, what can I do here please?
    05-16-15 04:12 PM
    Im a newbie, i had followed the steps and gone through FAQs of the thread and still cant get it to work. Honestly, we need someone to show it on YouTube. It saves a lot of time i think. And questions directed here can be dealt instead of old timers telling us to read the faq again. Would you care for this suggestion? Just asking politely, no offence meant.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 04:18 PM
    I meant video for the google play services thing. There is already a good YouTube video on installing the Playstore.

Im confused from the other thread (Cobalt android app landing page).

Can someone tell me what are the apks i need to install to get google play services working?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 04:28 PM
    Install the prepatched Google Play Services apk from the landing page and then patch the app you want to run with Gmaps patcher.
    gfondeur likes this.
    05-16-15 05:03 PM
    And by the way: The instructions in the video about installation of Play Store are wrong. The correct instructions are in post 1.
    gfondeur likes this.
    05-16-15 05:09 PM
    Yup thanks Cobalt. Various versions of play services were a problem. I just installed the 6.6.03 version. So far, no popups play service problems yet.

Your 'updated' method is best for Playstore installation.

Might aswell ask if you can help with making apps headless.

I would like to get notifications for an app called Goal.com. It gives notifications for live football /soccer matches during play n others news.

If no, what would you recommend for a workaround.

Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 06:19 PM

Links Gms 7.0.99 please!!
    Last edited by dhodo agger; 05-17-15 at 02:46 AM.
    05-16-15 08:39 PM
6,728 ... 114115116117118 ...