Yup, happens when there's only one app to update as well
    Yeah for me only when multiple.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 06:08 PM
    Sorry this has probably been asked and answered before but I'm new to all of this. Just recently got a passport and downloaded the google play store successfully, but when I try to download google play services it says it is unable to be installed. Any help?
    04-25-15 06:32 PM
    I believe that the multiple updates in one notification are the problem. The Blackberry Android Runtime doesn't seem to know how to deal with it. I don't think that I can fix it.
    I actually see it when there is only one update available as well. Every time there is any update that's how my notifications appear.

Posted via my Z30 with the CrackBerry App
    04-25-15 06:42 PM
    I would still advise people to be careful with auto-updating apps. There is a good chance that every time there is an update for an app, that the newer version doesn't work anymore. I had this happen a few times. At the very least I had to patch the newer version, where the old one didn't need that.
    I have one banking app for a german bank that I cannot update anymore as the last two newer versions just crash upon launch.
    What I do is use Ghost Commander to copy the installed app to a folder on my SD card. This is a folder that I created that holds all the latest working app versions that I can use to reinstall the old version in case the new release doesn't work anymore.
    As cool as the auto-update is, be careful with it. If you have no backup of the previous working version, you're screwed.
    I second this move. Absolutely recommend it so you don't get screwed by updating an app to something that work work anymore, auto update or manual.

Posted via my Z30 with the CrackBerry App
    04-25-15 06:43 PM
    Playstore

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 07:51 PM
    I appreciate the reply and the great support you provide. I'm willing to donate if we get this working.
    -------
    I tested the exact same steps on my friends z10 and it worked in 5 minutes with zero issues. I am not entering a wrong password. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything to ensure there wasn't any leftover stuff. The p'9982 is simply not supported. I'm going to guess it's the different model number causing some issue. Maybe this is on the google side of things when registering.. :-/

Thoughts?
    04-26-15 01:35 AM
    I appreciate the reply and the great support you provide. I'm willing to donate if we get this working.
    -------
    I tested the exact same steps on my friends z10 and it worked in 5 minutes with zero issues. I am not entering a wrong password. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything to ensure there wasn't any leftover stuff. The p'9982 is simply not supported. I'm going to guess it's the different model number causing some issue. Maybe this is on the google side of things when registering.. :-/

Thoughts?
    Are you on OS 10.3? 10.2 is not supported

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 02:09 AM
    -------

Thoughts?
    It may be the ' that causes the problem. I will test that and report back.

EDIT:

This version replaces the ' in the device name for p'9982. The model name remains unchanged.
    Someone with a p'9982 should please test this.

Additionally, this version supports Italian language.

Blackberry Google ID 2.0.7
    http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...idID-2.0.7.apk
    Last edited by Cobalt232; 04-26-15 at 03:56 AM.
    04-26-15 03:21 AM
    Thank's for your work! donated

Just some thoughts, if you re-sign com.google.android.gms using same signature of the Play store apk, and remove all reference to
    resource 0x7f020105 com.google.android.gms:drawable/common_transparent
    from AndroidManifest.xml, i guess apps requires Google Play Services will work too.
    Last edited by mariotaku; 04-26-15 at 04:08 AM.
    04-26-15 03:55 AM
    Thank's for your work! donated

Just some thoughts, if you re-sign com.google.android.gms using same signature of the Play store apk, and remove all reference to
    resource 0x7f020105 com.google.android.gms:drawable/common_transparent
    from AndroidManifest.xml, i guess apps requires Google Play Services will work too.
    Thanks for supporting my work. You proposal won't work though. Changing a resource doesn't fix anything. If you want to run apps that require GPS, you'll have to patch them with Gmaps Patcher or Lucky Patcher.
    04-26-15 04:33 AM
    So what is the version of Play Store that you are using?

And what is your OS version?
    I'm using 5.4.12 build 1. My OS
    Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20150426_155938.png

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 05:30 AM
    From where u got play store???

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 07:28 AM
    From where u got play store???

Posted via CB10
    Some people believe from the first post.

Posted using my BlackBerry Passport.
    anon(3072139) likes this.
    04-26-15 07:29 AM
    In my mobile the Google play Store is not running why anyone help me.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 08:12 AM
    You should be more specific. What is not working? What OS are you on?

Did you read post 1?
    04-26-15 08:38 AM
    um, I mean this reference causes gms app failed to install. I tried to modify gms app but since I can't sign it with your key I can't prove my idea.
    Maybe I should go deeper to see how can I make it work.
    04-26-15 09:28 AM
    Ok I just installed this and WOW. It was a seamless and it updated all my apps as well.

FYI latest gmaps works well

Thanks Cobalt!

PS do you do the Twitter? If so what's your handle. I would like to tweet something about this.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 10:10 AM
    um, I mean this reference causes gms app failed to install. I tried to modify gms app but since I can't sign it with your key I can't prove my idea.
    Maybe I should go deeper to see how can I make it work.
    There are patched versions of Google Play Services around. Check my other Thread for a working version.
    mariotaku likes this.
    04-26-15 10:26 AM
    Ok I just installed this and WOW. It was a seamless and it updated all my apps as well.

FYI latest gmaps works well

Thanks Cobalt!

PS do you do the Twitter? If so what's your handle. I would like to tweet something about this.

Posted via CB10
    Great to hear. Sorry, I'm not on Twitter. But feel free to tweet about this.
    04-26-15 10:27 AM
    I can confirm that this fixes the issue for the p'9982. Keep in mid that there's also the p'9981 and '9983 models as well. (They may come out with a p'9984 in the future too.. who knows)

Where to donate?

Thanks!
    04-26-15 01:03 PM
    I can confirm that this fixes the issue for the p'9982. Keep in mid that there's also the p'9981 and '9983 models as well. (They may come out with a p'9984 in the future too.. who knows)

Where to donate?

Thanks!
    Thanks for the feedback. The fix is generic and will work with all future models.

If you wish to donate, you can use the link in the first post or you can go to the about menu in Blackberry Google ID. The donate button is at the bottom of the about text.

Thanks for supporting my work.
    04-26-15 01:31 PM
    My Google play works perfectly and even with multiple apps to update I don't get any garbled texts....wonder why other people have this problems

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 02:07 PM
    Sent $30 - how can we get an updated Google Play Services? (Some apps are complaining it's outdated)
    04-26-15 02:36 PM
    Sent $30 - how can we get an updated Google Play Services? (Some apps are complaining it's outdated)
    You can't on BlackBerry, some apps just don't work.

Buy a full android is your only choice

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 02:59 PM
    Hi Cobalt,
    lately the patched version of You tube 6.0.13 posted in other forum by you has a issue. It browse video but does not play. In fact no video plays. I am not sure it has anything to do with new version of API which they said coming from 20th april 2015. see following link:
    YouTube Engineering and Developers Blog: Committing to the YouTube Data API v3

Please have a look , and do your magic.
    04-26-15 03:01 PM
6,728 ... 104105106107108 ...