Incredible what 2 bytes can change...
    Is that all? LOL

Now if I knew those two bytes that de-garble the update notifications...

HAHAHA LOLOL

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 10:08 AM
    Well ,the changed code in the beta has a bit more than 2 bytes, but the return value of the routine is now only two bytes ;-)

I'm really curious about what causes the garbled notifications. I don't have that problem it and I didn't change any code that is related to the notifications. So it remains a mistery to me.

BTW: I quickly looked into the source code of my generated patches. There are approx. 1'000 lines of code that make this all happen.
    04-24-15 10:42 AM
    Hey cobalt don't if this is by design or a bug. If I start a download and put the app into the active frame it seems to crash(active frame closes) but the download continues and pops up installer when finished.
    But this does not happen if I keep the app open for the entire download.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 11:33 AM
    Beta still running better than ever
    What beta is that?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 11:35 AM
    What beta is that?

Posted via CB10
    Next version may address that issue, as it is not happening on my device. Be patient and watch this thread for updates. Simon has been exceptional about keeping us up to date with everything.
    04-24-15 12:04 PM
    It's a minor patch that seems to fix the closing problem after a download. It's in beta testing with some of my companions. As it seems to work, I'll include it in the next Play Store release around May 4th.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    04-24-15 01:04 PM
    Hey cobalt don't if this is by design or a bug. If I start a download and put the app into the active frame it seems to crash(active frame closes) but the download continues and pops up installer when finished.
    But this does not happen if I keep the app open for the entire download.

Posted via CB10
    The new patch will (hopefully) fix exactly that problem.

Just in case you did not know: you can close Play Store after a download has started (as soon as the progress bar starts to count). The download will complete in the background, even if the store is not running.
    teostar likes this.
    04-24-15 01:13 PM
    The new patch will (hopefully) fix exactly that problem.

Just in case you did not know: you can close Play Store after a download has started (as soon as the progress bar starts to count). The download will complete in the background, even if the store is not running.
    I just had a similar issue where when updating it downloaded then switched to "installing" then crashed, the native installer did not open. I reopened play store and hit the update again and the native installer popped up immediately.

Also I normally see the garbled txt only if there is more than one update available.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 02:47 PM
    I just had a similar issue where when updating it downloaded then switched to "installing" then crashed, the native installer did not open. I reopened play store and hit the update again and the native installer popped up immediately.

Also I normally see the garbled txt only if there is more than one update available.

Posted via CB10
    With crashed you mean 'closed without error message' right?
    04-24-15 02:50 PM
    With crashed you mean 'closed without error message' right?
    Well it closed, but it still had a notification in the hub. When I opened the notification I got an "unfortunately Google play store has stopped"

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 03:10 PM
    Well ,the changed code in the beta has a bit more than 2 bytes, but the return value of the routine is now only two bytes ;-)

I'm really curious about what causes the garbled notifications. I don't have that problem it and I didn't change any code that is related to the notifications. So it remains a mistery to me.

BTW: I quickly looked into the source code of my generated patches. There are approx. 1'000 lines of code that make this all happen.
    If it wasn't for the weird notification bug, this would be perfect. So far I've had zero other issues.

Posted via my Z30 with the CrackBerry App
    04-24-15 08:25 PM
    It's a minor patch that seems to fix the closing problem after a download. It's in beta testing with some of my companions. As it seems to work, I'll include it in the next Play Store release around May 4th.
    can I try this beta?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-24-15 10:04 PM
    Awesome! Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 12:41 AM
    Holy crap it works and auto-updates are running smoothly on my old Z10. Going to be cool having this on my z30 next week THANKS!!! We should donate donate donate! Where's the link?
    Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20150425_020008.png

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 01:12 AM
    Holy crap it works and auto-updates are running smoothly on my old Z10. Going to be cool having this on my z30 next week THANKS!!! We should donate donate donate! Where's the link?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150425_020008.png 
Views:	1626 
Size:	208.5 KB 
ID:	349371

Posted via CB10
    2600+ post and you're surprised it works lol? And to donate, the link is in the first post.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 03:46 AM

Name:	IMG_20150425_020008.png 
Views:	1626 
Size:	208.5 KB 
ID:	349371

Posted via CB10
    I would still advise people to be careful with auto-updating apps. There is a good chance that every time there is an update for an app, that the newer version doesn't work anymore. I had this happen a few times. At the very least I had to patch the newer version, where the old one didn't need that.
    I have one banking app for a german bank that I cannot update anymore as the last two newer versions just crash upon launch.
    What I do is use Ghost Commander to copy the installed app to a folder on my SD card. This is a folder that I created that holds all the latest working app versions that I can use to reinstall the old version in case the new release doesn't work anymore.
    As cool as the auto-update is, be careful with it. If you have no backup of the previous working version, you're screwed.
    jzajac likes this.
    04-25-15 07:50 AM
    I tried to login with my Google credentials but it keeps re-directing to WiFi and I don't have enabled WiFi at the moment, can't I do this with my mobile data?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 08:47 AM
    I would still advise people to be careful with auto-updating apps. There is a good chance that every time there is an update for an app, that the newer version doesn't work anymore. I had this happen a few times. At the very least I had to patch the newer version, where the old one didn't need that.
    I have one banking app for a german bank that I cannot update anymore as the last two newer versions just crash upon launch.
    What I do is use Ghost Commander to copy the installed app to a folder on my SD card. This is a folder that I created that holds all the latest working app versions that I can use to reinstall the old version in case the new release doesn't work anymore.
    As cool as the auto-update is, be careful with it. If you have no backup of the previous working version, you're screwed.
    Just turn Auto-Update. off. Then no worries.
    04-25-15 09:13 AM
    Example of garbled txt:

Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20150425_140016.png

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 01:12 PM
    Example of garbled txt:

Name:	IMG_20150425_140016.png 
Views:	2082 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	349434

Posted via CB10
    I believe that the multiple updates in one notification are the problem. The Blackberry Android Runtime doesn't seem to know how to deal with it. I don't think that I can fix it.
    04-25-15 02:34 PM
    After uninstalling GOOGLE CHROME months back. Today I tried the latest version from Play Store, and it worked without any patch work on my Z30 10.3.2...
    04-25-15 02:46 PM
    I see another guy say he can't register his p'9982 device and check-in. I followed the precise steps outlined in the beginning of the thread etc. (100% sure the password is correct and tried 1st with just a regular password and even with 2factor auth turned on and the app password. It always fails to check-in)

Are you sure the STK100-1 device is in the list of supported devices?
    Software Release 10.3.1.1779
    OS 10.3.1.2576

Thanks
    04-25-15 03:51 PM
    All devices running 10.3 are supported. You are entering a wrong password.

Go to your Google Account settings on the Google website and turn off two step authentication.
    04-25-15 04:21 PM
    Example of garbled txt:

Name:	IMG_20150425_140016.png 
Views:	2082 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	349434

Posted via CB10
    That is exactly what I see.
    Cobalt, what do you mean with multiple notifications? This happens if only one app has an update.
    And another question is, what is different on your device compared to ours? Because you said you never get it like that.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 04:36 PM
    That is exactly what I see.
    Cobalt, what do you mean with multiple notifications? This happens if only one app has an update.
    And another question is, what is different on your device compared to ours? Because you said you never get it like that.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, happens when there's only one app to update as well
    04-25-15 04:49 PM
6,728 ... 103104105106107 ...