Thanks so much for this. Worked like a charm on my Passport, took 3 minutes and has enabled me to load apps from Google Play. Thx
    04-20-15 03:54 PM
    I posted this on your other page but no replies so thought I'd just pop it on here too, just incase

I've found an app I like and is useful...other than....no maps!!!, I've tried lucky patcher(a few different modes), but won't install, I have tried with both the free and the pro
    Can any one help me on this one please, is it worth try on desktop?

Lol oh yeah the app is called runtastic

Passport 10.3.1.2582 UK. IT'S PROBABLY IN THE FIRST POST
    04-20-15 08:21 PM
    I posted this on your other page but no replies so thought I'd just pop it on here too, just incase

I've found an app I like and is useful...other than....no maps!!!, I've tried lucky patcher(a few different modes), but won't install, I have tried with both the free and the pro
    Can any one help me on this one please, is it worth try on desktop?

Lol oh yeah the app is called runtastic

Isn't there a version in BBworld?

Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20150420_214141.png

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.500
    04-20-15 08:42 PM
    Yes but read reviews, no maps on BlackBerry version.

I can get it to open in google earth but no g maps due to play services

Plus I got the pro version for free through amazon

04-21-15 05:32 AM

Plus I got the pro version for free through amazon

That could explain why patching isn't working. I could be wrong but I think if the app comes from amazon it's coded differently, it can make the patching methods ineffective since there won't actually be Google related services to patch. Hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong about that though.

Posted via my Z30 with the CrackBerry App
    04-21-15 06:26 AM
    On my z10, It works only with Wifi.
    No downloads, Only browsing supports when phone is using mobile data.
    Same problem happens with some of the Android apps. Why!.... i've no idea

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 06:39 AM
    That could explain why patching isn't working. I could be wrong but I think if the app comes from amazon it's coded differently, it can make the patching methods ineffective since there won't actually be Google related services to patch. Hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong about that though.

I'll try the free version from google and see
    Though it's definitely asking for google play services

04-21-15 07:19 AM

Looks like your right as I just patched the free version from the playstore.

Thanks.....

Does that mean there is no way to do it with the amazon, no amazon tool out there?

jzajac likes this.
    04-21-15 07:45 AM
    A cobalt whats you email address? I keep clicking the the link to your paypal and it keeps crashing. I want to donate some cash

At&t Blk passport since 3/13/15 "king of phones" oakland ca
    04-21-15 08:12 PM
    Looks like your right as I just patched the free version from the playstore.

Thanks.....

Does that mean there is no way to do it with the amazon, no amazon tool out there?

Since amazon has their store baked in to the OS there's no repairs to be done since you have a "native" apk file solution. Those apps are going to run exactly as is. Sadly, it's the solution that's inferior to the Play Store we're lucky to have now with the help of Cobalt, Sally and company.

04-21-15 10:28 PM
    Followed the guide and voila! Successfully running. Big thanks to Cobalt for bringing better experience android apps.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 12:18 AM
    No it was just a single update. It was downloading and then poof. I don't remember which app it was, sorry. I just took it as a glitch, because other apps do that too at times, so I didn't give it further thought.
    I just reopened and started the process over.

On another note, a few days ago I had an update notification that was NOT garbled as usual.
    But then yesterday, Google Maps had a notification that was garbled again. LOL

Posted via CB10
    It looks like I found a possible reason for the (rare) force close after a successfull download. I made a fix in my personal Play Store version and will monitor if it happens again. Just wanted to let you know. It's related to to selfupdate patch.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    04-22-15 04:59 AM
    I want to delete Google play services.

How do I go about it?

Posted Via CB10 From My Z30 Running On OS10.3.2.500
    04-22-15 06:13 AM
    I want to delete Google play services.

How do I go about it?

Posted Via CB10 From My Z30 Running On OS10.3.2.500
    You can just delete it like you would any app, either long press on the icon that was created when the apk file was installed and tap the trash can or find it in device monitor and delete it from there. To be safe and help things refresh I would also do the hard double volume button reset after deleting.

04-22-15 06:36 AM
    Thankyou so much cobalt even a rookie like me installed this playstore. One thing I'm having trouble at is google.play store services. Games like batman arkham and snapchat doesn't open and they lead to download google play store services which I tried to download but it keeps saying unable to install. Please tell me the solution with your easy steps
    Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20150422_164655.png

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 06:47 AM
    Please read the FAQ in the first post about Google Play Services.

I hope that you downloaded the Play Store files from that first post and not from somewhere else. If not, you may not have the latest version.
    04-22-15 07:11 AM
    First of all, many thanks for the exceptional effort that you have put on this.

I have the following installed and It works like a charm on my Passport 10.3... But I cannot install any of my already purchased apps! (I used to own a Samsung device). I get the "Unable to install this app"!!

1- com.android.vending-5.4.12-cobalt-build1
    2- com.google.android.gsf.login-v4.3.2
    3- cobalt.blackberry.androidID-2.0.6
    04-22-15 08:03 AM
    hi guys,

i just found a great app on google play (Snitch) the app is working well on the passport and full touch screen devices.

Do you know how to create a new thread ?

thanks L.
    Attached Thumbnails Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-splashscreen-jpeg.jpg  
    04-22-15 08:19 AM
    First of all, many thanks for the exceptional effort that you have put on this.

I have the following installed and It works like a charm on my Passport 10.3... But I cannot install any of my already purchased apps! (I used to own a Samsung device). I get the "Unable to install this app"!!

1- com.android.vending-5.4.12-cobalt-build1
    2- com.google.android.gsf.login-v4.3.2
    3- cobalt.blackberry.androidID-2.0.6
    Versions are ok, you have the latest releases. Are you able to install any Android apps at all? Maybe you missed to check the option to install apps from external sources in Blackberry settings.

Please verify if the option is set in Blackberry Settings - > App Manager -> Installing Apps
    04-22-15 08:25 AM
    Yes,as mentioned works like a charm for all apps except for ones that are already purchased like for example the Solid Explorer Unlocker.

Many thanks!
    04-22-15 08:28 AM
    Download links are not working. They say file doesn't exist. Could someone please provide the mirror links?

EDIT- Found a workaround.
    Last edited by juvenilejt; 04-22-15 at 10:24 AM.
    04-22-15 08:37 AM
    Versions are ok, you have the latest releases. Are you able to install any Android apps at all? Maybe you missed to check the option to install apps from external sources in Blackberry settings.

Please verify if the option is set in Blackberry Settings - > App Manager -> Installing Apps
    Yes,as mentioned works like a charm for all apps except for ones that are already purchased like for example the Solid Explorer Unlocker.

Thanks!
    04-22-15 09:16 AM

Thanks!
    I had something similar happen with me the very first time I installed the Play Store. It took a little while to process but eventually the store refreshed And I was able to access all my purchased apps, the price went away and the install button appeared on its own. Hang tight, I bet it will happen with you too. It's probably something that just needs a bit of time to work itself out before fully working on BlackBerry 10.

04-22-15 09:38 AM

Thanks!
    As jzajac said, you can wait for the sync cycle to happen. And it is important, that you exactly followed the setup steps in the described order.

What you also can try:
    * Close Play Store
    * Unregister your device in Blackberry Google ID
    * Register the device again
    * Run Play Store (it may take a few seconds until the new ID is recognized)
    04-22-15 09:54 AM
    As jzajac said, you can wait for the sync cycle to happen. And it is important, that you exactly followed the setup steps in the described order.

What you also can try:
    * Close Play Store
    * Unregister your device in Blackberry Google ID
    * Register the device again
    * Run Play Store (it may take a few seconds until the new ID is recognized)
    I did as you mentioned:
    * Closed Play Store
    * Unregistered my device in Blackberry Google ID
    * Restarted my passport
    * Registered the device again
    * Ran Play Store again
    and sadly still the same! (As per attached)
    Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20150422_182022.jpg
    Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20150422_182034.jpg
    04-22-15 10:25 AM
6,728 ... 101102103104105 ...