I"m not collecting any user data and no device data. I''m collecting absolutely nothing.

Unlike Snap, that collects your type of mobile, your IP, your OS version and the way you use the app (means, it monitors what you download).

But of course the Play Store itself also collects your data, same as Snap. This data is logged on the Google servers.
    Means Play store has been modified by you is safer ?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-08-15 05:36 AM
    Means Play store has been modified by you is safer ?

Depends on what you call safe. At least, with android apps, you have the possibility to reverse engineer the code with apkTool or JadX and look into the code. This is not possible with Blackberry apps. You never really know, what they are doing. Don't get me wrong. I trust James and love his work. But still, he is collecting data and I'm not.
    03-08-15 05:48 AM
    Depends on what you call safe. At least, with android apps, you have the possibility to reverse engineer the code with apkTool or JadX and look into the code. This is not possible with Blackberry apps. You never really know, what they are doing. Don't get me wrong. I trust James and love his work. But still, he is collecting data and I'm not.
    Thank you for the explanation, I have understood now, and I believe James will not abuse the data that has been collected

03-08-15 06:42 AM
    I'm absolutely sure that James only wants the best for the Blackberry community and that he only uses the data to improve Snap. If there is a BlackBerry developer I trust, it's him.

I can't say that about other shady devs on BlackBerry World though.
    garrett1972 and annon91221 like this.
    03-08-15 07:03 AM
    Update went just fine. I did delete the two existing apps before updating just as a matter of course.
    If there are two developers here that I trust explicitly with my $600 phone it is Cobalt232 and James. Big thanks to both.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    03-08-15 08:23 AM
    Awesome update!

Now user can choose if she wants to enable app auto update as well as update notification! You're the best Cobalt!

Oh, and there's a new back button for Settings!

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-08-15 08:35 AM
    Is it just me or does anyone else have inverted scrolling on the Passport when using the keyboard to scroll? It happens on the main content page of Google Play Store. In the menus it scrolls fine. I'm running the new build 5.3.5. Never happened on any of the previous builds.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 08:50 AM
    Is it just me or does anyone else have inverted scrolling on the Passport when using the keyboard to scroll? It happens on the main content page of Google Play Store. In the menus it scrolls fine. I'm running the new build 5.3.5. Never happened on any of the previous builds.

Posted via CB10
    Hadn't noticed, but yeah I'm the same

Passport/10.3.1.2480 U.K. IT'S PROBABLY IN THE FIRST POST
    03-08-15 08:59 AM
    This Playstore is game changing for BlackBerry 10. Hope our android runtime improve to LOLLIPOP. It will be faster, which means that there will be more apps that work, faster opening and less bugs or crashed apps.

Cobalt, I know nothing about coding, but is it possible to make a active frame screen for the Google Play Store? At least so it can display the Google play store icon/logo.

Thanks for all your work and to working for the BlackBerry Community!!!

Posted via CB10
    jdesignz and gfondeur like this.
    03-08-15 09:25 AM
    This Playstore is game changing for BlackBerry 10. Hope our android runtime improve to LOLLIPOP. It will be faster, which means that there will be more apps that work, faster opening and less bugs or crashed apps.

Cobalt, I know nothing about coding, but is it possible to make a active frame screen for the Google Play Store? At least so it can display the Google play store icon/logo.

Thanks for all your work and to working for the BlackBerry Community!!!

Posted via CB10
    It's not a blackberry native app so I would say NOPE. Although, I am very excited for BlackBerry to improve their Android runtime, I think that would be great!

Posted via CB10
    00_Agent likes this.
    03-08-15 09:48 AM
    "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped."

I downloaded latest links today too... Developer mode is on, signed in, everything was done perfect yet it stops working when I try and download any app.

OS is fully updated too.
    03-08-15 12:41 PM
    Sounds like you are using OS 10.2.
    03-08-15 12:44 PM
    You are correct - sorry did not read the FAQ. Thanks for quick reply.
    03-08-15 12:48 PM
    I can no longer share pictures via Instagram since installing Play Store
    Anyone else suffer this issue? Any workaround?
    Instagram tries to open but remains blank............
    03-08-15 01:46 PM
    I don't have this issue. Latest versions of both the store and instagram.

Posted via my Z30 with the CrackBerry App
    03-08-15 03:01 PM

Delete and reinstall IG from the play store
    03-08-15 03:34 PM
    Hadn't noticed, but yeah I'm the same

I just checked it on another passport and it wasn't responding to the keyboard on the main content screen, but it was in the menus. I'm now wondering if it ever responded to the keyboard scrolling.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 03:42 PM
    I just checked it on another passport and it wasn't responding to the keyboard on the main content screen, but it was in the menus. I'm now wondering if it ever responded to the keyboard scrolling.

Posted via CB10
    Lol its funny how we coast through life with our eyes shut lol

03-08-15 04:29 PM
    Hi cobalt, a question.

Some of the gaming apps required Google Play Games App.

Do you have a patched apk file of GP Games app? Because I received notifications which in state that Google Play Services is needed but I already have installed a patched version of Google Play Services. My BlackBerry Device (Passport) runs on BBOS 10.3.1.XXXX.

When I tried to patch the GP Games app with Lucky Patcher, after that I installed the patched version of it. I received another notification which in state that Google Play Service occurs unknown error.

So I don't understand. Could you help me to solve this issue and do you have the fix for this? My goal is to install and play the android gaming app called '' Sonic Runners ''.
    03-08-15 05:18 PM
    Google play games doesn't work. You can try patching it with cobalt's windows based patcher, but that doesn't allow login. At best, it might let you get past any nag screens to the game.
    03-08-15 05:32 PM
    Google play games doesn't work. You can try patching it with cobalt's windows based patcher, but that doesn't allow login. At best, it might let you get past any nag screens to the game.
    Okay, are there any other alternatives besides GPC so that I can run fully gaming apps like Sonic Runners? Although this is only a online gaming app.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 06:03 PM
    respect and thank you!
    03-08-15 09:34 PM
    That hasn't fixed it.
    Deleted instagram, rebooted, installed Instagram again (from Play Store).....still get black screen after clicking Share then selecting Instagram

Any other tips?
    03-09-15 03:15 AM
    Can google play service work with my z3?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 05:18 AM
    First read the first post of a thread, then ask questions. Thank you.
    03-09-15 05:27 AM
6,728 ... 7172737475 ...