Double volume button reset for Z10STL100-1 ?

Posted via CB10
    That's what I do on my Z10 STL 100-4. I never have a problem.
    02-24-15 12:32 PM
    Hi cobalt, about your step 2..

Step 2
    - Run Google Play Store. Login app will be invoked and you will be asked enter your Gmail account and password
    - Close the login app and close Play Store
    - Run Blackberry Google ID and checkin with your Gmail account and password (WiFi must be on)

There is 3 files require to install on your tutorial, "Google PlayStore", "Blackberry Google ID", "Google Login"..

How about Google Login you mean?
    So at first I must open Playstore, and then i must login first in there before checkin in Blackberry Google ID?
    Or after open playstore just minimized and then open "Google Login" and login my account in there? Or both checkin?

Or just login in "Blackberry Google ID"?
    Thx..

Posted via CB10
    It's really easy:

Install all 3 files but do not run them after the installation completed.

Run Google Play Store. Google Play store will do an internal system call to the Google Login app and you will see a black colored login window. There you can add an existing Google account or create a new one. If you are done, you can close Play Store. This step is to login your USER account to the Google servers.

After that run Blackberry Google ID. This app will check-in your DEVICE with Google Play Store. If the check-in was successful, you can close Google Login app.

Then run Google Play Store and you are ready to go.

You should never directly launch Google Login app. It doesn't work if launched by a User.
    02-24-15 12:40 PM
    It's really easy:

Install all 3 files but do not run them after the installation completed.

Run Google Play Store. Google Play store will do an internal system call to the Google Login app and you will see a black colored login window. There you can add an existing Google account or create a new one. If you are done, you can close Play Store. This step is to login your USER account to the Google servers.

After that run Blackberry Google ID. This app will check-in your DEVICE with Google Play Store. If the check-in was successful, you can close Google Login app.

Then run Google Play Store and you are ready to go.

You should never directly launch Google Login app. It doesn't work if launched by a User.
    So after installed 3 files dont launch Google Login app? Just launch google playstore and Blackberry google ID?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 01:01 PM
    Now that is an interesting statement. Just out of curiosity, no offense intended at all:

Why is it a waste of time, and why do you use a BlackBerry 10 device for android apps and not just an android?

Like I said, I'm just curious about your opinion.

Posted via CB10
    No it's a good question and of course I can answer it. I always had Blackberry devices for the time being and I like the quality and the image of the brand. But I believe, that the Blackberry app store will not survive the way it is today (at least not for the native apps). There will be more and more converted android apps. Therefore I rather focus on Android app development.
    02-24-15 01:02 PM
    So after installed 3 files dont launch Google Login app? Just launch google playstore and Blackberry google ID?

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! Never launch Google Login app.
    02-24-15 01:02 PM
    Double volume button reset for Z10STL100-1 ?

Posted via CB10
    NO.
    Press and hold power button until red light appears after reboot and then, release.
    02-24-15 01:05 PM
    Exactly! Never launch Google Login app.
    Alright, thx for info cobalt.. #cheers

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 01:17 PM
    NO.
    Press and hold power button until red light appears after reboot and then, release.
    So on my device only hold power button, and release until blackberry screen loading?

Posted via CB10
    ferchu likes this.
    02-24-15 01:19 PM
    No it's a good question and of course I can answer it. I always had Blackberry devices for the time being and I like the quality and the image of the brand. But I believe, that the Blackberry app store will not survive the way it is today (at least not for the native apps). There will be more and more converted android apps. Therefore I rather focus on Android app development.
    Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. I agree that BlackBerry World is only a shadow of itself.
    For example the eBay app. I cannot find it searching for it anymore. I had it before, but had to wipe and cannot find it anymore since I installed 10.3.1. The one on Play Store is much newer, but always runs in the background draining battery. I have to use the browser instead.
    Why on earth is it nowhere to be found?
    I installed 10.3.1 and still had it, and it was running fine. It was only after I had to wipe and reinstall that it was nowhere to be found in BlackBerry World. What is going on there?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 01:35 PM
    I'm not sure what Blackberry is up to. The app selection on BW is really bad and after reading that they kicked out XSacha because of his app I'm done with BW. Regarding your problem I guess that you already tried to turn of the app running in the background in BB Settings?
    02-24-15 01:45 PM
    Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. I agree that BlackBerry World is only a shadow of itself.
    For example the eBay app. I cannot find it searching for it anymore. I had it before, but had to wipe and cannot find it anymore since I installed 10.3.1. The one on Play Store is much newer, but always runs in the background draining battery. I have to use the browser instead.
    Why on earth is it nowhere to be found?
    I installed 10.3.1 and still had it, and it was running fine. It was only after I had to wipe and reinstall that it was nowhere to be found in BlackBerry World. What is going on there?

Posted via CB10
    I lost a couple of apps after going 10.3.1 say they are not compatible with the current runtime ,may be similar

Passport/10.3.1.2480 U.K. IT'S PROBABLY IN THE FIRST POST
    02-24-15 02:02 PM
    Depreciated application, that's what it's called!!

Soz. Back to relevant issues...

Passport/10.3.1.2480 U.K. IT'S PROBABLY IN THE FIRST POST
    02-24-15 02:09 PM
    I just updated the Blackberry Google ID app to simplify the setup process of Play Store.

The new installation steps are the following:

1. Install all 3 apps but don't run them
    2. Run Blackberry Google ID and follow the instructions

Done.

Maybe some of you want to run through the process from scratch and provide some feedback?

Thanks!

Blackberry Google ID 1.5
    https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/iT_-a...6JSvlQEmjms2xs
    sedat likes this.
    02-24-15 02:11 PM
    I unistalled BlackBerry ID and installed the new one. Everything still works the same, however I had to reinstall Play Store. It said it had a connection problem. But this fixed it.

I registered but it still shows to register the device. Is that normal?
    Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20150224_155725.png

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 03:58 PM
    Thanks for testing. Yes, the register button is always shown, because you can always re-register if you want. It would be interesting to know how the full setup process works for you. Meaning that you should remove all 3 files, reinstall all 3 and then just run Blackberry Google ID. Can you try that?
    02-24-15 04:14 PM
    I did all that just now and went without a hitch.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 04:20 PM
    Great. So I can assume that the setup procedure is easier than before?
    02-24-15 04:57 PM
    Great. So I can assume that the setup procedure is easier than before?
    It is actually the way I've done it before. I installed the three apps and then opened BlackBerry ID and logged in.
    Unless of course you still have to set up the Gmail Account on the device first.

I just found it a little confusing that it still said on the bottom to register your device even though I just did. That may confuse more folks as well. They might think it didn't work.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 05:09 PM
    BTW, did you know there is a new Play Services version out again?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 05:13 PM
    Cobalt. Do you have a newest patched apk file of Google Play Services?

Because GPS is updated again by Google Inc. See two pictures here below.

Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20150225_001653.png

Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20150225_001700.png

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 05:19 PM
    I just updated the Blackberry Google ID app to simplify the setup process of Play Store.

Done.

Maybe some of you want to run through the process from scratch and provide some feedback?

Thanks!

Blackberry Google ID 1.5
    Just followed your instruction with the one step login with the new Google ID app and works flawless. Thanks Cobalt.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    02-24-15 05:48 PM

Done.

Thanks!

Blackberry Google ID 1.5
    Cool...thx cobalt..did you already update this new BB Google ID on first post?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 05:48 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll do some final code cleanup and then update post 1 with the new version.
    02-24-15 06:32 PM
    Am am being prompt to update the playstore.. should I update? Will I lose functionality if I do? Or if I dont?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 01:14 AM
    Am am being prompt to update the playstore.. should I update? Will I lose functionality if I do? Or if I dont?

Posted via CB10
    Which current version playstore you used ?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 01:27 AM
6,728 ... 6162636465 ...