Cobalt323. That's why it was hard at first to follow the links for google play down load. The blackberry app won't display link properly I think. I had to just go through a browser for CB and saw the links clearly.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 03:42 PM
    The you should either use a pc to download the files or install the android version of the Crackberry app. The Blackberry version is crap and doesn't show content correctly.
    Time to give an hand for the BB Cb app?

Posted via CB10
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    02-23-15 04:01 PM
    Wow! This is truly some brilliant stuff. Thanks so much for your work here!! I've got a Z10, STL100-3, OS 10.3.0.1418, and this is the first thing I could find after MUCH searching that would install and run. You have done a really amazing job here. Also, I saw your previous threads about patching. From one dev to another, thanks for sharing with the community some of the background of how you achieved this.

Unfortunately, I can't get it to work for my game "EmpireZ" on 10.3.1.1298, but it's brand spankin' new, so I didn't have too high of hopes. Here's to hoping it will someday!
    02-23-15 07:40 PM
    Hey Cobalt. There is an new update of Google Play Service. Could you patch the newest apk file to build and post a new link for OS 10.3.1.1565 users please?

Posted via CB10
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    02-24-15 12:08 AM
    Just wanted you let you guys know the Google Play automatically reinstalled after backing up an Z10 and restoring all data on a Passport. Everything was in place, including apps, appstore settings and so on.

Posted via CB10 from my exquisite Z10 on TMO Romania
    02-24-15 01:16 AM
    Can anyone please send me the link of Google play services? Cuz I want to play games some games need Google play services

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 03:59 AM
    Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20150224_145628.png

What's wrong cobalt?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 04:58 AM
    How can I update Google play?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 05:21 AM
    How can I update Google play?

Posted via CB10
    Delete the old Google Play and install the new one then reset your phone .

STA100-6 White
    02-24-15 05:49 AM
    Give me the link for the newest update please

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 06:00 AM
    Just wanted you let you guys know the Google Play automatically reinstalled after backing up an Z10 and restoring all data on a Passport. Everything was in place, including apps, appstore settings and so on.

Posted via CB10 from my exquisite Z10 on TMO Romania
    Good to know, thank you.
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    02-24-15 06:09 AM
    Time to give an hand for the BB Cb app?

Posted via CB10
    I'm not motivated to get familiar with the Blackberry dev tools and the Cascades stuff. I believe it's a waste of time. I only use Android apps on my device (beside of the bb system apps).
    02-24-15 06:14 AM
    The you should either use a pc to download the files or install the android version of the Crackberry app. The Blackberry version is crap and doesn't show content correctly.
    How pitifully ironic!

Posted Via Classic SQC100-4/10.3.1.2072 CB10
    02-24-15 06:53 AM
    How pitifully ironic!

Posted Via Classic SQC100-4/10.3.1.2072 CB10
    Totally agreed. It can't be that hard to implement a basic html parser into that Blackberry forums app.
    02-24-15 07:27 AM
    hi cobalt. after installing google playstore the snap is not opening just black screen and thats it is there any conflict between 2

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 07:34 AM
    hi cobalt. after installing google playstore the snap is not opening just black screen and thats it is there any conflict between 2

Posted via CB10
    No, there is no conflict. Snap is a Blackberry app and Play Store an Android app that runs in a sandbox. They don't know of each other and they don't share any common data. Snap is still beta and may still have some issues.
    02-24-15 07:37 AM
    i use thesame gmail acct

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 07:44 AM
    Where to find the mega app?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 08:02 AM
    Google account manager doesn't install . Everytime when I install after 70% it crashes and shows " Unable To Install This App"
    02-24-15 09:33 AM
    I'm not motivated to get familiar with the Blackberry dev tools and the Cascades stuff. I believe it's a waste of time. I only use Android apps on my device (beside of the bb system apps).
    Now that is an interesting statement. Just out of curiosity, no offense intended at all:

Why is it a waste of time, and why do you use a BlackBerry 10 device for android apps and not just an android?

Like I said, I'm just curious about your opinion.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 09:45 AM
    Just anyone tell me please how to update Google play

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 11:32 AM
    Hi cobalt, about your step 2..

Step 2
    - Run Google Play Store. Login app will be invoked and you will be asked enter your Gmail account and password
    - Close the login app and close Play Store
    - Run Blackberry Google ID and checkin with your Gmail account and password (WiFi must be on)

There is 3 files require to install on your tutorial, "Google PlayStore", "Blackberry Google ID", "Google Login"..

How about Google Login you mean?
    So at first I must open Playstore, and then i must login first in there before checkin in Blackberry Google ID?
    Or after open playstore just minimized and then open "Google Login" and login my account in there? Or both checkin?

Or just login in "Blackberry Google ID"?
    Thx..

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 12:13 PM
    Now that is an interesting statement. Just out of curiosity, no offense intended at all:

Why is it a waste of time, and why do you use a BlackBerry 10 device for android apps and not just an android?

Like I said, I'm just curious about your opinion.
    I would imagine it's because of the same reasons that the majority of apps I use are android: you get the best of both worlds. The operating system of my Z10 is much nicer and more intuitive than what my girlfriend uses on her Galaxy S3 (at least in my opinion anyway, she views my phone like it's some incredible puzzle). I also think the hardware of my device feels superior to the thin plastic that she runs. I also know that BB World seems to be dropping the apps I want to use left and right, most recently MLBtv for this upcoming baseball season. Those apps are all available to run for me thanks to the ease of installing apk files if I'm willing to put in a little extra work and do it myself. And even in the case that they might require patching or if I lose partial functionality it's still more than what I will find in BB World. I'm all for supporting the developers who try to build native for us, but the same handful of people just can't make all the apps that I want and expect to keep up with everything in terms of updates and bug fixes that the android versions with full development teams can, not to mention that what might be a priority for me is most likely not a priority for them. They need to make what would please the highest number of users to be successful, not (for example) a solid podcast app that I would kill to see. But thanks to being able to purchase, download and run android apps from the Play Store and previously Snap I have a high quality podcast app with > 90% full function that is constantly updated and well maintained and absolutely worth the $5 I paid for it. That's also where I'll be going for all my other media consumption (Netflix, Hulu, HBOGo, Spotify, Pandora, and so on ) or any other mindless time passer apps (trivia crack, two dots, and so on).

Why settle when for just a little effort on my part, and thanks to a major effort from people like Cobalt, I can have everything? At least that's my opinion.
    02-24-15 12:24 PM
    Just anyone tell me please how to update Google play

Posted via CB10
    Uninstall current version, double volume button reset, install latest version compatible with your current OS and you're all set.
    02-24-15 12:28 PM
    Uninstall current version, double volume button reset, install latest version compatible with your current OS and you're all set.
    Double volume button reset for Z10STL100-1 ?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 12:30 PM
6,728 ... 6061626364 ...