I'm trying to use playstore downloder...but I'm unable to install app through playstore dowloader it shkws error when I try to share an app from playstore

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 10:40 AM
    Turning off Autoupdate will just prevent the automatic download of any files. Notifications will still be available. Turning off background execution will completely turn of any activity of Play Store. I had some battery issues in the last few days and started playing around with those settings. After all, I found out that it was Boom Beach consuming battery like hell and heating up my device. So I just turned that off to not run in the background.
    I have noticed that with the eBay app from Google Play, it is almost always running in the background, even with the permission turned off. When checking with TaskManager it seems always be on the list. It consumes quite a bit battery.
    I installed the BlackBerry World older version and it is fine with that.
    So for some reason it doesn't always help.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 10:56 AM
    Thanks for clarifying that. I felt like a newb not being able to find this screen! Lol
    You're welcome glad to help. ☺
    @Cobalt232 - your new signature makes it a whole lot easier to find your stuff! Thanks!
    trinichindian likes this.
    02-10-15 11:04 AM
    Is it just me or does the new Play Store 5.2.12 feel much snapier on 10.3.1?
    02-10-15 12:50 PM
    Hey cobalt. Thanks again for making this happen for everybody. Just one think what is the exact link for the 5.2 play update

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 12:58 PM
    Look at the first post ;-)
    02-10-15 01:06 PM
    Followed the instructions exactly... it seemed to work, I attempted to download TINDER and then the black screen with "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped." came up and now that's all I can get to show anymore...

Thoughts?
    02-10-15 01:25 PM
    Probably you have os 10.2.
    02-10-15 01:31 PM
    You sir, are correct... 10.2.1.3062

Is there are 10.3 available for the Z30?
    02-10-15 01:35 PM
    Just download the v4 version from post 1 until you can update your device to 10.3
    02-10-15 01:43 PM
    Uninstall just the Play Store and reinstall. It will function properly after that. Same thing happens to me.

Posted via CB10
    As it turns out, It apparently needed some time to update all the info. Somewhere between 6 and 9 hours later, it corrected itself. Now, I get to update.
    02-10-15 01:46 PM
    Is it just me or does the new Play Store 5.2.12 feel much snapier on 10.3.1?
    It's not just you. The only other thing I wish it could do is to give me a notice for updates on patched apps, not just the unpatched ones.

BTW, which OS did you load?
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ralfyguy; 02-10-15 at 02:15 PM.
    02-10-15 02:04 PM
    I have noticed that with the eBay app from Google Play, it is almost always running in the background, even with the permission turned off. When checking with TaskManager it seems always be on the list. It consumes quite a bit battery.

Posted via CB10
    From my reverse engineering activities I know, that some developers are really sloppy with destroying observers and listeners when you quit the app. They continue to do stuff in the background. And sometimes it's not obvious, which app causes the problem ...
    02-10-15 04:14 PM
    It's not just you. The only other thing I wish it could do is to give me a notice for updates on patched apps, not just the unpatched ones.

BTW, which OS did you load?
    Posted via CB10
    I believe I could turn of signature verification in Play Store, but as this is deeply integrated into several functions it may cause unpredictable effects. Beside of that, update would always fail to install because a patched version always has a different signature than the downloaded version. Maybe it's better just not to touch it.
    02-10-15 04:17 PM
    As it turns out, It apparently needed some time to update all the info. Somewhere between 6 and 9 hours later, it corrected itself. Now, I get to update.
    Play Store sometimes needs some time for the first sync. After that, it will always work immediately.
    02-10-15 04:18 PM
    I believe I could turn of signature verification in Play Store, but as this is deeply integrated into several functions it may cause unpredictable effects. Beside of that, update would always fail to install because a patched version always has a different signature than the downloaded version. Maybe it's better just not to touch it.
    You're probably right.

So you loaded 10.3.1 now?

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 04:40 PM
    Yes, I updated sometime last week. Runs very smooth on my Q10. But I never had any problems with updates anyways. Maybe it's because I always go for a clean install and I never restore data (it all in the cloud).
    02-10-15 04:55 PM

Posted via CB10

I recently installed the eBay app from Google Play and ended up uninstalling it as I too noticed it was always running and using battery. I forgot there was a BlackBerry version so thanks for the reminder.

My bitchin' BlackBerry Z30
    02-10-15 05:05 PM
    Yes, I updated sometime last week. Runs very smooth on my Q10. But I never had any problems with updates anyways. Maybe it's because I always go for a clean install and I never restore data (it all in the cloud).
    Which OS did you load? Does your Advanced Interactions work? Like Lift To Wake?
    02-10-15 05:06 PM
    I have snap and the play store installed. I've been using snap to download apps like plants vs zombies 2 which playstore says is not compatible. Then when I launch it it downloads the obb file. This has worked in a variety of situations. The great thing is snap downloads the apk which you can then uninstall the app patch the apk and reinstall. It is all trial and error on what will or won't work this way but worth a try.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 08:52 PM
    I am shocked at how well this works.
    I have so far refused to install it because ew google botnet.
    But it's surprisingly smooth.
    I had already installed Cobalt's Blackberry Google ID, Android settings and google account.
    Mostly for logging in into Google Maps.
    No google play services (GPs) was ever installed.
    I installed Google Play store and it worked right away didn't even asked me to login or nothing.
    It detected my outdated apps and even downloaded their updates automatically.
    Had to cancel the Upgrade process and disable that function because I don't want none of my apps bugging me for (GPs).
    Specially Netflix.
    Overall outstanding job. Thank you Cobalt.

Such a shame we cannot trick the store to see us as an android device. I encountered a "your device is not compatible" error for wahoo fitness.
    I know the apk is out there btw. I was simply troubleshooting it for a friend
    Anyway I dug around and the Market Helper app from the link below

http://codekiem.com/2013/02/13/market-helper/
    Installs and runs but when attempting to spoof to any other device the framework crashes it.
    I'm mentioning all this because Google at any minute may begin doing this for all its apps on all the unauthorized devices out there. Leaving GPs behind.
    To name a few Ubuntu, Firefox OS, but mainly us.
    Perhaps spoofing will be our only option in the future.
    What do you think Cobalt?

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    02-10-15 11:49 PM
    Well, it does check-in as an android device (Galaxy), but there is some code in Play Store that somehow overrides the screen dimensions and processor settings That's why some apps refuse to download. I haven't found a way to trick that yet. I may look into it again some time.
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    02-11-15 12:19 AM
    Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-untitled.jpg
    Well, it does check-in as an android device (Galaxy), but there is some code in Play Store that somehow overrides the screen dimensions and processor settings That's why some apps refuse to download. I haven't found a way to trick that yet. I may look into it again some time.
    I don't know how I made it worked but last time I installed playstore it Showed BlackBerry Z10 on my device. then I uninstalled it for some days. When I installed it again yesterday it's showing Galaxy device.
    02-11-15 01:19 AM
    The Blackberry entry is from Snap. The Galaxy entry from Blackberry Google ID.
    02-11-15 01:50 AM
    Is it just me or does anyone have the same problem�I was on v5.1.11 and it works great. Updated to v5.2.12 and it seems keypad scrolling is not working for me on my passport (10.3.0)?
    02-11-15 07:00 AM
6,728 ... 5051525354 ...