Cobalt-san..
    Can you give me solution to my problem...???
    I'm sorry if i dont have anything in return....
    Download Play Store 5.1.11 build 4 from first post or upgrade your device to os 10.3.
    02-09-15 08:16 AM
    Followed all the steps and it loaded up Google play services on the first try and all my apps were there. Since then, every time i try now and access the app it crashes. Does it not play well on 10.2.1?

Update: Nevermind. I re-read and saw i should be using Build 4.
    Last edited by pmich; 02-09-15 at 09:21 AM.
    02-09-15 09:09 AM
    Hi
    I installed Google Play Store yesterday on my Passport and it's working great so far. Only have 1 question: I have several apps I installed from BB World that the Play Store wants to update. Should I update the apps using the Play store or wait for BB World to update them?
    02-09-15 09:27 AM
    It's make a choice time keep it BlackBerry and ignore updates or unistall and go android

Passport/10.3.0.1418. UK. IT'S PROBABLY IN THE FIRST POST
    02-09-15 09:57 AM
    LOL well, if I have to choose between BlackBerry and Android then they won't be updated

Gone WIDE with my BB Passport
    02-09-15 10:42 AM
    Yup I m the same

02-09-15 10:54 AM
    As long as auto update is off (which you have since you still have a choice)

02-09-15 10:55 AM
    Passport, BB 10.3.0.908. I installed the Play store per instructions, I worked like a champ. a few days later, Blend stopped working. I'm not saying they're related, just keeping with the timeline. I spent a few days try all the things I'd normally try to get computer or phone software to work. No such luck. Finally, I did a wipe and reinstalled the OS. Blend works, again. I proceeded to bring my setup back to what it was. I did a fresh download of the Play store files and followed the instructions, again. This time, I keep getting a retry notice in the store, like there's no connection. But BBM, email, web, everything else work fine, both for BB and Android apps. How do we fix this?
    02-09-15 11:01 AM
    Passport, BB 10.3.0.908. I installed the Play store per instructions, I worked like a champ. a few days later, Blend stopped working. I'm not saying they're related, just keeping with the timeline. I spent a few days try all the things I'd normally try to get computer or phone software to work. No such luck. Finally, I did a wipe and reinstalled the OS. Blend works, again. I proceeded to bring my setup back to what it was. I did a fresh download of the Play store files and followed the instructions, again. This time, I keep getting a retry notice in the store, like there's no connection. But BBM, email, web, everything else work fine, both for BB and Android apps. How do we fix this?
    Retry error indicates that you do not have Blackberry Google ID installed and configured. And there is no connection between blend and Play Store, as Blend is a native BlackBerry app and Play Store runs in the sandboxed Android runtime.
    02-09-15 11:58 AM
    Retry error indicates that you do not have Blackberry Google ID installed and configured. And there is no connection between blend and Play Store, as Blend is a native BlackBerry app and Play Store runs in the sandboxed Android runtime.
    Third try following the instructions, step by step, and it finally worked. As to a connection to Blend, you did quote me saying I was mentioning it only as part of the timeline. Anyway, I appreciate the time and effort you put in to get this working, initially. And the amazing support you give. Thanks.
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    02-09-15 12:43 PM
    Thank you for the great work Cobalt. I just donated $10 and will donate more. My donation was inspired by my desire to keep my sister on BB10 when her Z10 contract expires in April. She like BB10 but needs this one app to work for school that is dependent on Google Maps. I have tried to patch it but to no avail.
    02-09-15 02:39 PM
    I got a question, don't know if it's related or not:
    Is it normal that on 10.3 with the latest 6.6 Google Play Services, Task Manager shows Google Play Services and Google Login running all the time.
    That wasn't the case in 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 02:47 PM
    Apk galaxy? Apaan tuh cug ?
    Web dunlut apk?
    Ana juga bisa sih lewat apk downloader di mbah gugel. Tapi kan di playstore lebih update cug. Ada solusi lain gk cug? Ana reinstall nih BlackBerry os juga gara2 ntuh bug cug. Kalo gk ada ntuh bug ana juga gk bakalan reinstall ntuh BlackBerry os :v
    Solusi yang lain dong cug..
    10.3 banyak banget bugnya cugg
    Ane aja di OS 10.2.1 gpp cug....kaga ada bug...ngapain ribet2

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 06:49 PM
    The current solution checks the version of the existing apk file by reading the internal version code from Manifest. If the existing apk version is lower than the version on Playstore, the new version is downladed (old one gets overwritten).

Backing up older versions makes sense, but actually I just want to make Play Store work as good as possible without adding to much custom features.
    Thanks Cobalt, good to know the version is internally checked from the manifest so that's not a worry then...

I completly undestand about keeping the custom work at a minimum, unfortunaltelly with more and more apps adding Goggle Play Services it is becomming quite important to maintain a library of old APKs so you can easily rollback an App update and downgrade... I think for now, the best is to use Google Play to buy apps and habdle in app purchases, etc. but download, install and update using Snap whcih does allow to automatically maintain a library of APKs on the microSD card...
    02-09-15 09:31 PM
    Question. Reinstalled Play store. In many ways, it's working. It recognizes my profile, complete with my picture and Google+ cover image. But it's still showing prices and asking me to pay for things I already bought on my Android devices. How do I fix that?

EDIT: Apparently that takes 6+ hours to update. Self fixed.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kraski; 02-10-15 at 09:07 AM.
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    02-10-15 01:52 AM
    How to download the app?

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 04:18 AM
    Question. Reinstalled Play store. In many ways, it's working. It recognizes my profile, complete with my picture and Google+ cover image. But it's still showing prices and asking me to pay for things I already bought on my Android devices. How do I fix that?

Posted via CB10
    Uninstall just the Play Store and reinstall. It will function properly after that. Same thing happens to me.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 06:23 AM
    To cobalt-san
    Thanks for reply my post
    I using play store build 4 in screenshot at my previous post.i still dont know why this happens.before i reinstall my BlackBerry os,the play store was working perfectly,even i can download 50mb+ app,the os version os 10.2.1 too.i reinstalled my BlackBerry os with BlackBerry link,official version of course.until now is still not installing the 10.3 leaked version because too many bug in that version.my frend have tested it already. Is there anything wrong after reinstall BlackBerry os? I do have following the instruction carefully...
    Thanks in advance.

Z10 STL100-1|10.2.1.3062(software version)|10.2.1.3442 (os version)
    Last edited by MDBProCold; 02-10-15 at 07:38 AM. Reason: forgottem
    02-10-15 07:12 AM
    How to download the app?

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to Crackberry. Please always read the first post before posting questions in a thread. You'll find everything you need there.
    02-10-15 07:15 AM
    Download Play Store 5.1.11 build 4 from first post or upgrade your device to os 10.3.
    Thanks for reply my post.
    I using play store build 4 in the screenshot at my previous post.i dont know this happens.before i reinstall my blackberry,play story was working perfectly,even i can download big app ( 50mb+ app),the os version is 10.2.1 too.i reinstalled my BlackBerry using blackberry link,official version of course. Just saying,until now i nos installing BlackBerry leaked os because too many bug in that version,my friend have tested it already. Is there anything wrong after i reinstall my BlackBerry os? I do have following the instruction carefully.
    Thanks in advance.
    02-10-15 07:28 AM
    Google Play Store 5.2.12 (build 1)

The download links in the first post have been updated.

What’s New (by Google)

The Google Play Store 5.2.12 update contains very minor changes, of which are detailed below:
    – Updated details page.
    – Built-in ability for enterprise to deliver custom apps to devices.
    – Addition of reward vouchers which will allow items to be discounted on the Play Store.
    – Ability for a user to be prompted to answer a short survey about the Play Store.

What's new (by Cobalt)
    - Applied all required patches.
    - Permissions dialog is suppressed if the app is being installed from downloading cache.

FYI: Google changed the notification behavior. The notification in HUB can now only be called once.

If you don't want play store popping up when updated are available, you should turn off autoupdate in settings. Also, if you are on 10.3.1, disabling execution of the app in the background (in App settings) may save some battery life.
    This is an awesome job Cobalt! Thank you very much!

I only just discovered this thread only after reading posts on the new Snap3 Beta.
    Finished the latest install yesterday. (Mr Blackberry may need to edit the section a little on confirming the app). But everything works great! Actually better than I imagined. I was figuring I was going to get prompted for Google Play services every 5 minutes or something. Again, great job!

The part you mentioned about conserving battery life on 10.3.1, just to be a little clearer:

System Settings --> App Manager --> tap blue lettering "Go to the Application Permissions screen..."

Scroll Down and tap the Play Store.
    Scroll Down to the bottom and switch off "Run When Minimized" (it's the only switch that isn't grayed out)
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    02-10-15 08:02 AM
    The part you mentioned about conserving battery life on 10.3.1, just to be a little clearer:

System Settings --> App Manager --> tap blue lettering "Go to the Application Permissions screen..."

Scroll Down and tap the Play Store.
    Scroll Down to the bottom and switch off "Run When Minimized" (it's the only switch that isn't grayed out)
    Thanks for clarifying that. I felt like a newb not being able to find this screen! Lol
    Cobalt232 and coffee-turtle like this.
    02-10-15 08:42 AM
    If you don't want play store popping up when updated are available, you should turn off autoupdate in settings. Also, if you are on 10.3.1, disabling execution of the app in the background (in App settings) may save some battery life.

If you turn off autoupdate and disable execution in the background, will that also halt notification of driod app updates in the hub?
    02-10-15 08:53 AM

If you turn off autoupdate and disable execution in the background, will that also halt notification of driod app updates in the hub?
    Turning off Autoupdate will just prevent the automatic download of any files. Notifications will still be available. Turning off background execution will completely turn of any activity of Play Store. I had some battery issues in the last few days and started playing around with those settings. After all, I found out that it was Boom Beach consuming battery like hell and heating up my device. So I just turned that off to not run in the background.
    trinichindian likes this.
    02-10-15 09:16 AM
    Thank you for the great work Cobalt. I just donated $10 and will donate more. My donation was inspired by my desire to keep my sister on BB10 when her Z10 contract expires in April. She like BB10 but needs this one app to work for school that is dependent on Google Maps. I have tried to patch it but to no avail.
    Thank you for supporting my work. What app is it that you can't patch?
    02-10-15 09:29 AM
6,728 ... 4950515253 ...