When downloading a large game like marvel contest I get this:

Attachment 330182
    But this is my storage:

Attachment 330183

Can someone explain or help me around this, if possible. Thank in advance.

Posted via CB10
    You haven't downloaded the latest Google Play store apk. Go to the first post, and download the updated apk.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 12:02 AM
    What I want to know is what exactly do I type as the link to get it through mega. Do I enter all those letters n stuff. Dont have a clue.

Posted via CB10
    Click the overflow button (three dots on the bottom right), then click on "open in browser", from there the OP should render correctly and you'll be able to click the links.

Those will automatically invoke the mega app.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 12:03 AM
    You haven't downloaded the latest Google Play store apk. Go to the first post, and download the updated apk.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks it worked.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 04:55 AM
    Hey, this is my first post... my problem is that i've done as the first page says, in fact play store was working flawlessly, but after the update I have no download process, I hit the download/install button I prompts for permission but that's it. No download at all.

Can you please help me.

Z10 10.3.0

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 10:38 AM
    I'm running google maps 8.4.1 and it works great. I followed all the instructions and then downloaded Android settings to stop the annoying notifications. G maps are working great. To see saved routs I have to go into settings then I map history. It's cool. Can't say I like it more than BlackBerry maps really.

Donations on its way cob

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 11:23 PM
    Where can I find the link to download Google play store

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 05:13 AM
    Where can I find the link to download Google play store

Posted via CB10
    Read the first post. Everything you need to know is there.

Sent using my BlackBerry Passport
    01-29-15 05:38 AM
    How can play store install my bb10

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 06:27 AM
    How can play store install my bb10

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to CrackBerry. As said one post above yours, the answer is in the first post my friend. In the future please read before posting, many of your questions have probably been answered in the thread which can save you time just by reading.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    01-29-15 07:02 AM
    Thank you, Cobalt232, it works on my Q10 under OS 10.2.1 !

Yet, when I installed Smartphone Link from Garmin through Google Play, all the standard functions worked well, but when I tried to purchase premium content from the internal link, it directed me to Blackberry ID for payment. Obviously, I couldn't purchase it, since this content is unknown for Blackberry World.

Is there any way to make Google Play being addressed for this payment from inside of Smartphone Link instead of Blackberry ID?

Thank you and best regards!
    01-29-15 08:03 AM
    Thank you, Cobalt232, it works on my Q10 under OS 10.2.1 !

Yet, when I installed Smartphone Link from Garmin through Google Play, all the standard functions worked well, but when I tried to purchase premium content from the internal link, it directed me to Blackberry ID for payment. Obviously, I couldn't purchase it, since this content is unknown for Blackberry World.

Is there any way to make Google Play being addressed for this payment from inside of Smartphone Link instead of Blackberry ID?

Thank you and best regards!
    Did you download the latest version from page 1? If yes, what does the link look like you pressed to buy content? Is it a weblink?
    01-29-15 08:21 AM
    Yes, it was the latest version from the page 1, for OS 10.2.*. No, it was a button "Subscribe", After pressing, it opens an intermediate screen to inform what e-mail was used for the account on Smartphone Link and that I should use the same while paying by Google Play and asks if I want to continue with purchase. When I press Ok, BlackBerry ID opens instead of Google Play and if I try to confirm the purchase, it says: Content not available (AW35016i).
    Last edited by Ostrov; 01-29-15 at 09:18 AM.
    01-29-15 08:39 AM
    Yes, it was the latest version from the page 1, for OS 10.2.*. No, it was a button "Subscribe", After pressing, it opens an intermediate screen to inform what e-mail was used for the account on Smartphone Link and that I should use the same while paying by Google Play and asks if I want to continue with purchase. When I press Ok, BlackBerry ID opens instead of Google Play and if I try to confirm the purchase, it says: Content not available (AW35016i).
    I have same exact problem as mentioned. I am on 10.3.1....OS z30
    Attached Thumbnails Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20150129_163213.png   Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20150129_163244.png   Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20150129_163229.png   Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20150129_163251.png   Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20150129_163313-1-.png  

Last edited by hasmukh1; 01-30-15 at 12:16 PM.
    01-29-15 03:08 PM
    Where play store V5? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 02:14 AM
    Where play store V5? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    go to page 1

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 02:34 AM
    Don't have words to say you thank you . You are the best.
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    01-30-15 03:29 AM
    Polder

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 01:28 PM
    Something I stumbled upon when trying to download or update Google apps on my Z30 running 10.2.1 I normally have the screen time out set to 20 seconds and was having trouble downloading and installing or updating apps. I reset the screen time out to 5 minutes while downloading/installing or updating and no longer have any problems.

My bitchin' BlackBerry Z30
    01-30-15 02:04 PM
    Something I stumbled upon when trying to download or update Google apps on my Z30 running 10.2.1 I normally have the screen time out set to 20 seconds and was having trouble downloading and installing or updating apps. I reset the screen time out to 5 minutes while downloading/installing or updating and no longer have any problems.

My bitchin' BlackBerry Z30
    This is good idea, but it will affect your battery life.

The problem with installing large apps is, that the download runs in the background (DownloadManager), but if the device falls asleep while downloading, the installer code may not be invoked because there is no running activity. I partly fixed this by saving the apk file to device/downloads folder so that you later install the file from there.

What I can offer you guys is to implement a wake lock on play store. This would keep play store awake for the time it has an open activity window. The device would permanently stay awake (screen on) until the download is complete and the installer is invoked. Once the installer is invoked, the device can go to sleep, because if you wake it up again the installer window will still be there.

The behavior would be as follows:
    1. Run Play store -> screen is always stays on
    2. Download an app -> screen is always stays on during download
    3. Download completed, installer is invoked, installer window is displayed -> Normal device behavior, screen fades out after 20 sec
    4. User wakes up device -> Installer window is still there, ready to install.

Would this be an acceptable solution?
    deslyh and elmariocarlos like this.
    01-31-15 05:15 AM

The problem with installing large apps is, that the download runs in the background (DownloadManager), but if the device falls asleep while downloading, the installer code may not be invoked because there is no running activity. I partly fixed this by saving the apk file to device/downloads folder so that you later install the file from there.

What I can offer you guys is to implement a wake lock on play store. This would keep play store awake for the time it has an open activity window. The device would permanently stay awake (screen on) until the download is complete and the installer is invoked. Once the installer is invoked, the device can go to sleep, because if you wake it up again the installer window will still be there.

3. Download completed, installer is invoked, installer window is displayed -> Normal device behavior, screen fades out after 20 sec

I think it is a good workaround, but if it will be a lot of work I don't think its worth it because in my case I would either be multitasking in another app or put the Play Store in the background while I'm in another app; if the device sleeps then it would be the same situation.

I think a better workaround (if possible) would be to put some sort of queue to the completed installs invoking the installer because it happened to me that I had the apps downloaded multiple times due to the last update you implemented; to avoid this I unselected the auto update feature but in the end it's the multiple download/install scenario I think will provide us the best outcome possible.

Posted via CB10
    jaycee43 likes this.
    01-31-15 08:41 AM
    I think it is a good workaround, but if it will be a lot of work I don't think its worth it because in my case I would either be multitasking in another app or put the Play Store in the background while I'm in another app; if the device sleeps then it would be the same situation.

I think a better workaround (if possible) would be to put some sort of queue to the completed installs invoking the installer because it happened to me that I had the apps downloaded multiple times due to the last update you implemented; to avoid this I unselected the auto update feature but in the end it's the multiple download/install scenario I think will provide us the best outcome possible.

Posted via CB10
    Queuing the downloads for a multiple install scenario is quite complicated to achieve if the app is in the background, as this again would require to have a listener or observer that does something when all downloads are ready to install. Not impossible, but hell of a job to implement that. Keep in mind that I don't have the source code of the Play store :-)

The easier way is to use the wake lock. I'll prepare a version that will be ready this weekend for testing and we'll see how it performs.
    elmariocarlos likes this.
    01-31-15 09:03 AM
    Queuing the downloads for a multiple install scenario is quite complicated to achieve if the app is in the background, as this again would require to have a listener or observer that does something when all downloads are ready to install. Not impossible, but hell of a job to implement that. Keep in mind that I don't have the source code of the Play store :-)

The easier way is to use the wake lock. I'll prepare a version that will be ready this weekend for testing and we'll see how it performs.
    Got it, then agreed and I'll be on the look here to test it out

Not sure if as complicated as what I was thinking above, but any way that once the download is complete, if installer is not invoked (parting scenario), but if the user presses the install button again, then it would recognize the APK is downloaded already and invoke it on that second install press? Just another idea in case it makes sense.

We all appreciate your hard work and understand there may be limits so thank you also for being here for all and hearing us out for ideas and solutions, may them be or not possible =)

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 10:06 AM

I like this solution, but for the ones that download almost a GB large file would have the screen on for a very long time. This is a tough one.
    01-31-15 10:27 AM
    How do I download the file from crackberry??

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 02:55 PM
    How do I download the file from crackberry??

Posted via CB10
    Well for you first post on Crackberry that's pretty good. Now how about reading the first post of this thread.

BTW, welcome to Crackberry!

Via my simply amazing  Q10 10.3.1.2072
    01-31-15 03:01 PM
6,728 ... 4445464748 ...