Sorry, didn't mean to ignore you. Does the problem persist and does Play store crash immediately after startup? Did you uninstall any of the 3 apps?
    01-20-15 11:21 AM
    The problem started when i tried to install blood and glory game
    And since then it has stopped working

P.s- it was working and i even downloaded the *imdb* app

Attachment 328510

Posted via CB10
    Uninstall the Playstore Only and reinstall it.

Zwiped from my Zed, Awaiting 10.3.1...
    01-20-15 01:00 PM
    Google Play Store 5.1.11 Build 5

This version saves a copy of the downloaded apk file in the download folder. The downloaded files are never cleaned out from there, so keep an eye on your free space and remove unneeded apk's from time to time. The download links in the first post have been updated.

Changelog:
    • Updated downloader code, now saves apk files in downloads folder for backup
    • Updated installer code (canceling a installation is done immediately)

I really wasn't sure about how I should implement the apk saving feature into Play Store. Snap doesn't support the saving of purchased apps and I understand the reasons why James did't implement it. But there are so many free Backup apps around, even on Google Play, that allow to back up purchased apps so that it really shouldn't matter if the store does it directly. Therefore this version of Play Store saves free and purchased apps to the download folder. Please use this feature responsibly.

Enjoy!
    01-20-15 02:23 PM
    Mine also not supported

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 03:26 PM
    Hopefully this solves my issue as well with the BlackBerry installer being invoked before the download is complete.

Happened to me again today with a Candy crush update. Had to download and install through snap.

01-20-15 04:47 PM

This version saves a copy of the downloaded apk file in the download folder. The downloaded files are never cleaned out from there, so keep an eye on your free space and remove unneeded apk's from time to time. The download links in the first post have been updated.

Changelog:

I really wasn't sure about how I should implement the apk saving feature into Play Store. Snap doesn't support the saving of purchased apps and I understand the reasons why James did't implement it. But there are so many free Backup apps around, even on Google Play, that allow to back up purchased apps so that it really shouldn't matter if the store does it directly. Therefore this version of Play Store saves free and purchased apps to the download folder. Please use this feature responsibly.

Enjoy!
    This one doesn't work for me. It installs fine and everything works except as soon as I hit install on an app it force closes. And after that it force closes upon launch, even after a reboot. I uninstalled the previous version and did not just try to update it.
    This is the same behavior as with the Playstore Downloader.
    I suspect that this has to do with the download location that the runtime in 10.2 doesn't like. I reinstalled v4 and everything works again.
    Too bad, as I was looking forward to actually have a copy of the apk's after download to patch apps that need to be.
    But thanks for the update.
    Like I said, if all you changed was the download location, then this must me not playing nice on 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 05:16 PM
    This one doesn't work for me. It installs fine and everything works except as soon as I hit install on an app it force closes. And after that it force closes upon launch, even after a reboot. I uninstalled the previous version and did not just try to update it.
    I suspect that this has to do with the download location that the runtime in 10.2 doesn't like. I reinstalled v4 and everything works again.
    Too bad, as I was looking forward to actually have a copy of the apk's after download to patch apps that need to be.
    Like I said, if all you changed was the download location, then this must me not playing nice on 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    Confirmed crashes on 10.2.1 once you hit the install button. But, I'm not going back I'll use Snap to install the updates and the Playstore for notifications.

Until 10.3.1...

01-20-15 06:24 PM
    Confirmed crashes on 10.2.1 once you hit the install button. But, I'm not going back I'll use Snap to install the updates and the Playstore for notifications.

Until 10.3.1...

As soon as an official 10.3.1 is out, or at least a decent working leak, I'll upgrade.
    I don't do autoloaders, I only upgrade non destructive.
    If I'm not mistaken, Snap downloads the file in the whatever default folder it goes first, and then moves the apk to whatever location you specified after install.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 06:41 PM
    It really works on my BlackBerry z10 slt-100 with bbos 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 07:23 PM
    As soon as an official 10.3.1 is out, or at least a decent working leak, I'll upgrade.
    I don't do autoloaders, I only upgrade non destructive.
    If I'm not mistaken, Snap downloads the file in the whatever default folder it goes first, and then moves the apk to whatever location you specified after install.

Posted via CB10
    I have Snap set to delete the apks after install to keep space tidy

I'm waiting on the official myself. I've stopped doing leaks awhile now.

01-20-15 07:29 PM

Changelog:

Enjoy!
    Thanks man..
    01-20-15 07:43 PM
    Hii

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 08:52 PM
    I'm running a 10.3.908 Q10 with v5 of the Google Play Store from this post, while I can get it to work and see my google ID and my purchase history, in-app purchasing does not seem to work.

Though I have already purchased the in app item before on an android device, I switched to Q10 recently. When I go in the app to have it try to restore my in-app purchase, it thanks me as if I have bought the package, but nothing happens, if I attempt to buy the item again, I am taken to Blackberry world instead.

The app in question is Ovuview.
    01-20-15 10:17 PM

Changelog:

Enjoy!
    My apologies if this has been answered, but why not bump the version number from 5.1.11 to 5.1.12 instead of having build numbers and long filenames? Generally when you have 3 version numbers, build differences are usually a compile difference and not a code difference. If you make any changes to the actual code, wouldn't bumping the minor version help make it easier to keep track of things?

Not a knock, just coffee talk type question.

Thanks!
    01-20-15 10:37 PM
    I solved my issue in this way:

After having setted everything...as described in the first post, I opened BlackBerry Google ID icon, then "obtain Google ID", filled with my mail address and password, and then reopened Google Play Store. Now it works perfectly.

POPPEL... and his BlackBerry Z30 White Edition
    I too got the error message saying, "Please check your connection," and obtaining a Google ID with the BlackBerry Google ID app fixed it right up, just as you said. Perhaps Cobalt has an error in the original post.
    01-20-15 11:01 PM
    Can't find the option to "Select App" after selecting app passwords.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 11:12 PM
    First, thank you so much for sharing this to us
    But I have an issue :/

I have Z10 with OS Blackberry 10.2.1.3062
    Followed the instructions exactly, got play store working and I can search for any app
    The problem is that when I hit 'install' and once the app starts to download, the play store crashes and I get this message: "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped"
    If I try to open the play store again I keep getting the same message even before it opens

Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance
    01-20-15 11:37 PM
    Uninstall the Playstore Only and reinstall it.

i have reinstalled it and its working fine
    Will the same happen if i try to install heavy apks?

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 11:38 PM
    My apologies if this has been answered, but why not bump the version number from 5.1.11 to 5.1.12 instead of having build numbers and long filenames? Generally when you have 3 version numbers, build differences are usually a compile difference and not a code difference. If you make any changes to the actual code, wouldn't bumping the minor version help make it easier to keep track of things?

Not a knock, just coffee talk type question.

Thanks!
    My (rather uneducated) guess is that 5.11.1 is the specific version of the play store, so by having build 3, 4, 5, and so on, it's easier to keep track of the edit history of that specific store version number. Total shot in the dark guess on my part though.

Posted via CB10
    BCITMike likes this.
    01-21-15 12:35 AM
    My (rather uneducated) guess is that 5.11.1 is the specific version of the play store, so by having build 3, 4, 5, and so on, it's easier to keep track of the edit history of that specific store version number. Total shot in the dark guess on my part though.

Posted via CB10
    5.1.1 is the Google version. Maybe I'll add a build info to it in upcoming versions.
    BCITMike likes this.
    01-21-15 01:04 AM
    How would you know the build number?

₱asaporte₱ilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-21-15 01:04 AM
    How would you know the build number?

The apk file shows the version in the file name. com.android.vending-cobalt-buy5.apk = build 5
    jdesignz likes this.
    01-21-15 01:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    The download location is fetched from the system variables. It is not hardcoded. But there may be a difference between OS 10.3 and 10.2. The DownloadManager of Android 4.2.2 (10.2) doesn't seem to support some features that it should.

10.2 is really outdated and it is to much effort to support old and new version. Stick to V4 or Snap until you can upgrade your device.
    01-21-15 01:16 AM
    The apk file shows the version in the file name. com.android.vending-cobalt-buy5.apk = build 5
    Cool. Can I overwrite it over the existing or should I uninstall old one first?

01-21-15 02:17 AM
    Cool. Can I overwrite it over the existing or should I uninstall old one first?

As the Google package build number still is 5.1.1 you must uninstall the old Play Store and then install the new version. No Update.
    01-21-15 02:20 AM
6,728 ... 3839404142 ...