What the hell are you talking about? Blackberry Google ID doesn't require GPS position. You surely just looked at the icon in permissions manager. Blackberry Google ID uses the same icon as Android settings, which is a system app and that one requires almost ALL permission.
    01-14-15 05:08 PM
    Tyvm!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 05:15 PM
    What the hell are you talking about? Blackberry Google ID doesn't require GPS position. You surely just looked at the icon in permissions manager. Blackberry Google ID uses the same icon as Android settings, which is a system app and that one requires almost ALL permission.
    I think he's all in a twist because of this..

Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20150114_181618.png

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 05:17 PM
    W T F ? There are no permissions in Android Manifest to access positioning!

Here's the proof:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
        package="cobalt.blackberry.androidid" >

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE" />
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE" />
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS" />
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES" />
    You can look at the the code by decompiling the Blackberry Google ID app with GMaps Patcher or APKTool.

To Access positioning, the following permission would be required:

Code:
    ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION
    Allows an app to access approximate location derived from network location sources such as cell towers and Wi-Fi.
    Code:
    ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION
    Allows an app to access precise location from location sources such as GPS, cell towers, and Wi-Fi.

These permissions are definitely not used as they are not required. No idea why the BB OS is showing that info.
    Last edited by Cobalt232; 01-14-15 at 06:06 PM.
    01-14-15 05:23 PM
    W T F ? There are no permissions in Android Manifest to access positioning!
    Meh, I dunno. I personally am extremely satisfied with your hard work.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8908445) and Cobalt232 like this.
    01-14-15 05:29 PM
    Can I remove Google Account and Blackberry Google ID from my device after I have installed Play Store and have it running, or do I need to keep those to keep Play Store running correctly?
    01-14-15 07:33 PM
    Can I remove Google Account and Blackberry Google ID from my device after I have installed Play Store and have it running, or do I need to keep those to keep Play Store running correctly?
    You need all three to run correctly.
    Voclu likes this.
    01-14-15 07:49 PM
    I just got done installing the play store and while it works with free apps once I try to install a purchased app it force closes. Can you help me with this?

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 10:39 PM
    Cobalt u haven't updated play store 5.1.11 v4 on first post!

And one more thing
    Can u add "open in" option to open play store links in play store app?
    Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 01:13 AM
    Cobalt u haven't updated play store 5.1.11 v4 on first post!

And one more thing
    Can u add "open in" option to open play store links in play store app?
    Posted via CB10
    The download links in the first post now point to the v4 version of Google Play store (inlcudes installer fix). I'll have to look into the "open with" feature. Will post any progress.
    anon(8908445), zaidk9 and Anilu7 like this.
    01-15-15 02:29 AM
    I have already tested with versions 3 and Version 4 published yesterday and still i can't download the Apps you pay that weigh more than about 50 megs, or even starts the download, when I press install and accept the terms and conditions of installation, play store stops and then to give ok closes it. The game is that I try to download this: //play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bulkypix.spectrum&hl=es

I also have a version to play store published in December that if you allow me to download the game but when it comes to 52 meg download automatically closes play store and generates the error 911.

You are right Hariainm would have to upgrade my Z10 100-2 between to version 10.3 now i have the OS 10.2.1.3062
    Last edited by Martin Quintero U; 01-15-15 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Language and V4 - V5
    01-15-15 11:27 AM
    and it finally solved the sync problem with all the apps. Awwwwesome!
    01-15-15 01:00 PM
    I have already tested with versions 4 and Version 5 published yesterday and still i can't download the Apps you pay that weigh more than about 50 megs, or even starts the download, when I press install and accept the terms and conditions of installation, play store stops and then to give ok closes it. The game is that I try to download this: //play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bulkypix.spectrum&hl=es

I also have a version to play store published in December that if you allow me to download the game but when it comes to 52 meg download automatically closes play store and generates the error 911.

You are right Hariainm would have to upgrade my Z10 100-2 between to version 10.3 now i have the OS 10.2.1.3062
    Where did you find version 5?

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 02:17 PM
    There is no version 5 of Google Play store.
    01-15-15 02:33 PM
    That's what I thought. The guy must have just reinstalled v4 again.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 02:34 PM
    Correct, i was originally confused. The versions were tested the V3 and V4 published yesterday.

Sorry
    01-15-15 03:07 PM
    and it finally solved the sync problem with all the apps. Awwwwesome!
    ?
    What are you talking about?

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    Last edited by Hulk123; 01-15-15 at 05:08 PM.
    01-15-15 03:20 PM
    Do the Apps from Whispersystems work with this solution? I Know TextSecure needs the Google Push API & i'm not sure if it's a part of the playstore or an aditional part of the GAPPS bundle. I don't own a BB10 Device atm and i would be really thankfull if someone could test this for me or answer the question. Those apps are mandatory for me at the moment and i would love to use a BB Device again. The rest of the Android apps, i need to use should work fine with this solution but for TextSecure i just don't find any actual information :-/

Thanks,
    Meluvian
    01-15-15 07:32 PM
    First sign in was a success. Got to Store, upon downloading app I was kicked out.

Now when trying to go through the process again, I am unable to sign in to the Google Accout App,

Says

Couldn't sign In
    There was a problem communicating with Google servers

Try Again later
    01-15-15 09:47 PM
    Thanks Cobalt, you are the best man!, keep it up, don't know why people are complaining it works well, I even used my data connection, and it was working superbly saw all my android apps from my former android phone, all Hail King Cobalt!!

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 12:15 AM
    First sign in was a success. Got to Store, upon downloading app I was kicked out.

Now when trying to go through the process again, I am unable to sign in to the Google Accout App,

Says

Couldn't sign In
    There was a problem communicating with Google servers

Try Again later
    You can never sign in by opening the Login app. This app must always be called from an other app. So just open Play Store and then Play Store will invoke the login app. You can then enter your email and password.
    lady of the lake likes this.
    01-16-15 01:39 AM
    First of all thanks a lot to the OP for this awesome guide. Everything installed as per my discussions.

However I did start facing some issues immediately after installing such as battery drain, apps downloaded from Google Play ask for google services (worked fine from other markets), and most importantly my Android app launch times were affected, and sometimes wouldn't open, at all. All those issues came immediately after the install so its obvious it was the cause.

Long story short, I wiped my phone and I did a mistake of resorting my accounts. Now the new account that I added as per the instructions keeps popping out of nowhere telling me account update needed. I click to go update it and it throws an error. Its also not showing in my accounts page. Basically its working somewhere and I cannot find it, how can I find it and delete it and all its traces?

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 02:14 AM
    First of all thanks a lot to the OP for this awesome guide. Everything installed as per my discussions.

However I did start facing some issues immediately after installing such as battery drain, apps downloaded from Google Play ask for google services (worked fine from other markets), and most importantly my Android app launch times were affected, and sometimes wouldn't open, at all. All those issues came immediately after the install so its obvious it was the cause.

Long story short, I wiped my phone and I did a mistake of resorting my accounts. Now the new account that I added as per the instructions keeps popping out of nowhere telling me account update needed. I click to go update it and it throws an error. Its also not showing in my accounts page. Basically its working somewhere and I cannot find it, how can I find it and delete it and all its traces?

Posted via CB10
    Some apps that are downloaded from Google Play store require Google Play services, no matter if they where downloaded with the original Google Play Store or with Snap. You can get some of those apps running by patching them. Read the first post for more details.

There is no known battery drain from the Google Play store, but if you install the app it may first do a lot of initializing work in the background, so just wait until it settles. Also, I have never noticed that the Android runtime is affected in any way.

Restoring the Google System account with a Blackberry backup maybe wasn't a good idea. To remove the Google system account, you can simply remove the Google Login app. This will immediately remove the account from your device. If you still got remains on your device, you can run Blackberry Goggle ID, go to Android Settings, then to Accounts and remove the Google account there.
    01-16-15 02:54 AM
    Some apps that are downloaded from Google Play store require Google Play services, no matter if they where downloaded with the original Google Play Store or with Snap. You can get some of those apps running by patching them. Read the first post for more details.

There is no known battery drain from the Google Play store, but if you install the app it may first do a lot of initializing work in the background, so just wait until it settles. Also, I have never noticed that the Android runtime is affected in any way.

Restoring the Google System account with a Blackberry backup maybe wasn't a good idea. To remove the Google system account, you can simply remove the Google Login app. This will immediately remove the account from your device. If you still got remains on your device, you can run Blackberry Goggle ID, go to Android Settings, then to Accounts and remove the Google account there.
    For example I downloaded the Livescore app from Play and I received the Google Services message. Deleted it and downloaded it again from Amazon and worked fine. Maybe the newer version from Play requires services? Not sure.

I will have to install BlackBerry google ID again to remove the remains as the Google Login app is not even there. Thanks for the help.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 03:10 AM
    For example I downloaded the Livescore app from Play and I received the Google Services message. Deleted it and downloaded it again from Amazon and worked fine. Maybe the newer version from Play requires services? Not sure.

I will have to install BlackBerry google ID again to remove the remains as the Google Login app is not even there. Thanks for the help.

Posted via CB10
    As you state correctly, apps that are downloaded from Amazon don't have Google Play services dependencies. This is because Amazon has it's own app repository with own version of each app they provide. The disadvantage of Amazon is, that it doesn't have all apps and that the ones that are available mostly are outdated.

But anyway, I suggest that you use the store that fits your needs, be it Amazon or Google Play Store/Snap.
    trinichindian and Vector-SS like this.
    01-16-15 03:27 AM
6,728 ... 3536373839 ...