sure.
    01-11-15 12:52 PM
    Two last questions about Google Play Store

1. I have to upload these files to phone memory or SD card?
    2. After installation can I delete these uploaded installation files (not installed aplications) or I have to leave them "alone"?
    01-11-15 12:54 PM
    1. You can save the files to any place, SD card Or phone memory.
    2. After installation, you can remove the installation files (apk), but the apps must remain installed on your device.
    01-11-15 01:02 PM
    1. You can save the files to any place, SD card Or phone memory.
    2. After installation, you can remove the installation files (apk), but the apps must remain installed on your device.
    Where does the Google Play Store put the files? I know where Snap puts them. Don't they get deleted after installing?
    01-11-15 02:01 PM
    Where does the Google Play Store put the files? I know where Snap puts them. Don't they get deleted after installing?
    Cobalt was referring to the installation files of play store and login itself (the ones he provides). When you download apps from play store, the apk's aren't stored anywhere -- the same behaviour as play store on android.
    01-11-15 02:18 PM
    One more thing. In couple of apps I get info about missing Google play Services and I know that some of my friend that are using Passport and installed Google Play Store according to your instuctions are not getting this info. Have I done something wrong or it's Just normal that I get this info and they won't See it because they are using leak of 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 02:36 PM
    Cobalt was referring to the installation files of play store and login itself (the ones he provides). When you download apps from play store, the apk's aren't stored anywhere -- the same behaviour as play store on android.
    But they must be in a sort of temp folder after they download and before installing, right?
    01-11-15 02:44 PM
    The get downloaded into a system cache that is only accessible for Play Store.
    01-11-15 02:50 PM
    Any answer and help?

Posted via CB 10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    01-11-15 02:59 PM
    One more thing. In couple of apps I get info about missing Google play Services and I know that some of my friend that are using Passport and installed Google Play Store according to your instuctions are not getting this info. Have I done something wrong or it's Just normal that I get this info and they won't See it because they are using leak of 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    Some apps require Google Play services and some don't. This is not a matter of Play Store but of the app itself. Visit my Google Apps landing page to learn more about Google Play Services. The link is in my signature.
    01-11-15 03:14 PM
    Ok I know about your links. But you don't get the point. For example Swarm. On my Passport with 10.3.0.1418 OS version and Play Store installed according to you instructions I see the info about Google Play Services and my friend who is using Passport with leaked 10.3.1 os version and installed Google Play Store according to your instructions, he don't see the info about Google Play Services, so am I doing something wrong or this is os version matter?

Posted via CB 10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    01-11-15 03:31 PM
    Maybe your friend has installed the patched version of Google play services? The os doesn't matter.
    01-11-15 03:46 PM
    will check this out when I get home

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 03:51 PM
    Thanks. Regarding Google Drive: are you using the GoogleServicesFramework-v3.apk?
    You mean the blackberry google ID google app? If that's the one I used the one that is in first page of this thread. Apart from the 3 apps in your starting post I did not install anything else.

Lucky patcher doesn't seem to work with me. Even after patching the app does have google verification so I have removed it.
    01-11-15 04:56 PM
    You mean the blackberry google ID google app? If that's the one I used the one that is in first page of this thread. Apart from the 3 apps in your starting post I did not install anything else.

Lucky patcher doesn't seem to work with me. Even after patching the app does have google verification so I have removed it.
    Different app. Search for Google services framework in his landing page thread for the apk he's referring to.
    Amrth likes this.
    01-11-15 06:27 PM
    I'm having trouble installing Google play services. I went to the other thread and followed the instructions but when I try and install HBO GO it opens the Google play services app which downloads but won't install and HBO app says it won't work without it. The weird thing is when I downloaded the Showtime app it said it wouldn't work without Google play services but I was able to open it and use the app successfully. My Z30's running 10.2.1.2991.

My bitchin' BlackBerry Z30
    01-11-15 07:31 PM
    I'm having trouble installing Google play services. I went to the other thread and followed the instructions but when I try and install HBO GO it opens the Google play services app which downloads but won't install and HBO app says it won't work without it. The weird thing is when I downloaded the Showtime app it said it wouldn't work without Google play services but I was able to open it and use the app successfully. My Z30's running 10.2.1.2991.

If you used Google play store to download the app, then that means you didn't patch it. I'd advise you to head on over to cobalt's other thread about patching apps to learn more about it.
    01-11-15 08:18 PM
    Thanks Cobalt. Google play is working perfectly on Z30. Can you clarify two issues;
    1. If there is update available for any application installed thru Google play, would be notified and installed.
    2. In case new update for Google play, do we need to install new apk file everytime?

Prithvi thru CB10 Z30(10.3.1.1949)
    01-11-15 08:25 PM
    If you used Google play store to download the app, then that means you didn't patch it. I'd advise you to head on over to cobalt's other thread about patching apps to learn more about it.
    Not sure what you mean by patch it. I downloaded Google play store as per the instructions in this thread. I'm not very computer savvy and saw the patch thread but frankly find it the instructions and process are too technical for my ability.

01-11-15 09:16 PM
    Hmmm, well the only way to get around those errors is to patch the app. In short:

Download cobalt's patcher from here https://mega.co.nz/#!5QkhiCgR!yQd3n1...wqSlHdVrHSvO6Y

Once you download the package, unzip it, and open "Gmaps patcher".

From there, you can download the android app thats giving you issues, patch it, then copy and paste the patched version of the app to your device so you can install it.

It may sound intimidating, but once you actually go through the process you'll learn it's quite simple . If you get stuck, post in the other thread related to patching, and we'll help as best we can.
    lady of the lake likes this.
    01-11-15 10:50 PM
    Not sure what you mean by patch it. I downloaded Google play store as per the instructions in this thread. I'm not very computer savvy and saw the patch thread but frankly find it the instructions and process are too technical for my ability.

HBO Go works fine for me once it's patched. I used the desktop patcher rather than lucky patcher. It used to be that it worked without patching but the version that came out around Nov 30 was the first one I had to patch.

Posted via CB10
    lady of the lake likes this.
    01-11-15 11:49 PM
    Hi Sally,
    hi Cobalt,
    hello other guys who take care of guys like us,

First I would like to express my appreciation for your hard work and professionalism, second I would like to thank you for having such patience.

I've been through all posts of this thread and through almost all from the 'landing page'.

My device: Passport w 10.3.0.908 mn SQW100-1

My current steps:
    1. Install BlackBerry ID v1.3, Android GSF Login 4.3, Android Vending 5.1.11 v3 patched
    2. Run PlayStore and login
    3. Run Blackberry ID and checkin

From what I just recently understood I must not anymore install Google Play Services because they interfere with Google Login. Correct?

4. I installed Google Framework v3
    5. I installed patched Google Drive by mr Cobalt and works perfect , I also confirm post installing Google Docs and Google Sheets and works!
    6. I installed and ran Youtube. It took about 1 minute to startup and works, but one out of three it pops up the 'unfortunately Google service framework stopped'. Also I cannot sign in to Youtube. Can anyone confirm if it makes sense to install Android Youtube versus BlackBerry World FastTube and pay 1.99$? Or if there is a way to have a flawless Android Youtube installed?
    7. Sincerely, after the last 7 days of blackberrying as a newbie, and coming to this point, I am afraid to install Google Maps . I will try to patch it later today with Windows Gmaps Patcher and will report back.
    8. Is there any positive news of adding to this configuration patched Google Play Services?...or am I speaking nonsense?

I salute thee

Convinced and converted Passport newbie
    01-12-15 12:18 AM
    Thanks for reading up first and posting a detailed account of what you've done. This makes it easier for us to understand how to help .

Regarding Google play services conflicting with Google login, it only applies to maps. You can have cobalt's patched play services installed and still be logged in to your other Google apps.

There is no "flawless" youtube solution right now. The $1.99 on fast tube is a good investment.

And lastly, patching Google maps won't solve anything. That should be installed as-is. The annoying Google play services notifications can be disabled by going into android app settings through cobalt's Google id app and disabling notifications for maps.

Maps is a bit funny. I find 9.x to be laggy, so the last version of 8.x might be your best bet. If you really want login to work and have Google play services, version 7.0.2 will work, but of course is missing some features from the newer versions.

Regarding the Google services framework crashes... well, that's the nature of hacking around this runtime. I found with gsf v3 it would crash, and play services crashed more frequently. It doesn't affect performance aside from the nuisance of the pop up boxes.
    01-12-15 01:11 AM
    Hi Sally,
    hi Cobalt,
    hello other guys who take care of guys like us,

First I would like to express my appreciation for your hard work and professionalism, second I would like to thank you for having such patience.

I've been through all posts of this thread and through almost all from the 'landing page'.

From what I just recently understood I must not anymore install Google Play Services because they interfere with Google Login. Correct?
    Thanks Florin for reading through all this. It is important that we don't mix up the treads, so that people don't get confused.

We must differentiate between Google Play Store and Google Play Services:

a) Google Play Store is just the front end app to download apps from Google Play. This is what we are discussing in this thread. Is has nothing in common with Google Play services.

b) Google Play Services is a framework (and a separate APK file), that google provides to developers for easy integration of multiplayer support or Google Maps data (i.e displaying a Map in an app). An app or game that has been downloaded from Google Play store or Snap CAN have dependencies to Google Play services. If that is the case, possible solutions to make it work are discussed in the treads for GMaps Patcher, Lucky Patcher and the Google Landing page.

Please let's only post Google Play Store related issues here, thanks.
    01-12-15 02:06 AM
    Thanks Cobalt. Google play is working perfectly on Z30. Can you clarify two issues;
    1. If there is update available for any application installed thru Google play, would be notified and installed.
    2. In case new update for Google play, do we need to install new apk file everytime?

Prithvi thru CB10 Z30(10.3.1.1949)
    1. You will be notified if an update is available. You can specify behavior in the settings of Google Play store.
    2. If an update for Google Play store get's available, you can just remove the existing version and replace it with the new one. No need to touch Login or Blackberry Google ID app.
    01-12-15 02:24 AM
6,728 ... 3334353637 ...