Guys,

I was looking into the Blackberry Google ID app to find out why some of you are suffering those force closes. It looks like I found a possible null pointer problem. From what I could monitor, sometimes TelephonyManager fails to return a valid value for the MEID (your device identificator) and possibly other required values.

I fixed the problem and hope, that it works better now. If the app fails to read out your MEID, MAC address or SERIAL number, the values will be randomly generated and used for the checkin.

While hunting down the problem I monitored that Amazon Store is flooding the logfiles like hell. I started Amazon Appstore once but never really used it. Since then, it constantly seems to do something in the background. Therefore, I decided to add a new feature to Blackberry Google ID -> AmazonEx. This features uninstalls the Amazon store from your device. It will only remove the Amazon store if it has been initialized (run) at least one time, because only then it is visible to PackageManager. After a reboot, the Amazon icon will show up again, but the app will not be initialized (in a technical sense) unless you run it again.

So check out this new version. If you don't have any issues with Blackberry Google ID, you may want to skip this update.

Download Blackberry Google ID 1.3 (Mega)
    Download Blackberry Google ID 1.3 (BitCasa)

Attachment 324205
    Ok, two questions:

1) If I uninstall amazon app store via bbry account - it basically just stops the app? After reboot, as soon as I click on amazon app store (icon is visible after uninstall/reboot) - it will be launched again?

2) google play app store + maps started loop:
    Launching maps, it produces notification that app requires google PS. However, I cannot remove the notification, as google play store launches in black screen with no info on it. Like crashed. Only way to fix is patching?

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    12-30-14 06:30 PM
    Cobalt not only can you program but you got the patience of a saint I've read through this whole post and the original (as most I expect) and can't believe the people who must spend 2 seconds reading before downloading and installing ,resulting in the very same problems,questions and solutions being handed out every few pages lol..so we'll done for not cracking though I'm sure inside your gagging to lol.

Been working for me from the start so thank you for bringing some diversity to my already fantastic passport .
    Hope you had a great christmas and have a cracking new year to all (even the folk in who don't read previous posts)

Passport/10.3.0.1418. UK
    12-30-14 08:26 PM
    This is sick, don't know why I just found out about this but it works! Mindblowing!

Thanks Cobalt, RESPECT
    12-30-14 08:28 PM
    Question: Hope someone can answer this.

So when I'm trying to download. "Big" game, I get this error message:

"Error downloading "Marvel Contest of Champions". There is insufficient space on external storage. "

My Z30 is brand new and the only thing I've downloaded on there are Amazon Appstore, Google Play Store and a game called Trivia Crack. Anyone can explain this to me please??? SMILE!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 12:24 AM
    amazing. well done
    12-31-14 12:32 AM
    Hi again.

Tried what you suggested with Google Play Music. Didn't work for me. I was able to remove my Google account and re-add it within Play Music but after the account was added it just went back to the "select an account" screen. Play Store still going great guns but Play Music hates me :-(
    12-31-14 01:59 AM
    Question: Hope someone can answer this.

So when I'm trying to download. "Big" game, I get this error message:

"Error downloading "Marvel Contest of Champions". There is insufficient space on external storage. "

My Z30 is brand new and the only thing I've downloaded on there are Amazon Appstore, Google Play Store and a game called Trivia Crack. Anyone can explain this to me please??? SMILE!!!

Posted via CB10
    It looks like you did not use the latest patched files. Re-download everything from the first post.
    12-31-14 02:41 AM
    Can purchase Google movies will not run on my passport. I installed latest patch etc. Getting "error 31". Anyone able to play Google movies?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 02:46 AM
    Dear Colbat

Sorry to send you here but I couldn't find a way in the app to message u directly

I use WhatsApp of android along with my BlackBerry WhatsApp coz I have 2 numbers but unfortunately I find the phone book is doubling my contacts, so I find each name has another one but it doesn't have any number only the contact name which make the list of 500 names turn to be 1000.
    Also a friend of mine when he downloaded Telegram he got the same situation.

I added telegram and I founded my contacts turned to be triple lol so 500 is the original and 500 came up after android WhatsApp and another 500 after telegram.

Is there some way to prevent this from happening!
    Coz it seems there is an android phone book was added to the blackberry phone book.

Thx

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 05:44 AM
    After I updated my Z30 with 10.3.1.1949 yesterday, the phone is much better and the Google play is incredible! My only problem is with Spotify. I don't know why, but the app is not showing covers of artists and playlists. It only shows navigation images. Anyone with the same issue here? I've tried to delete and install again, but the issue persists. Thks

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 06:08 AM
    After I updated my Z30 with 10.3.1.1949 yesterday, the phone is much better and the Google play is incredible! My only problem is with Spotify. I don't know why, but the app is not showing covers of artists and playlists. It only shows navigation images. Anyone with the same issue here? I've tried to delete and install again, but the issue persists. Thks

Posted via CB10
    Amazon version for spotify would be better

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    12-31-14 06:20 AM
    Dear Colbat

Sorry to send you here but I couldn't find a way in the app to message u directly

I use WhatsApp of android along with my BlackBerry WhatsApp coz I have 2 numbers but unfortunately I find the phone book is doubling my contacts, so I find each name has another one but it doesn't have any number only the contact name which make the list of 500 names turn to be 1000.
    Also a friend of mine when he downloaded Telegram he got the same situation.

I added telegram and I founded my contacts turned to be triple lol so 500 is the original and 500 came up after android WhatsApp and another 500 after telegram.

Is there some way to prevent this from happening!
    Coz it seems there is an android phone book was added to the blackberry phone book.

Thx

Posted via CB10
    Seems to be a behaviour of the Android runtime and the app. I don't know a solution, sorry.
    12-31-14 06:51 AM
    So I updated to the latest leak.

I get this error when trying in-app purchase: billing service unavailable on device (response3:billing unavailable)

Any idea? Play Store does show my papypal account as being registered.....

Should I delete all the files ie play services, google account, id, blackberry id, playstore and reinstall?
    12-31-14 08:09 AM
    So I updated to the latest leak.

I get this error when trying in-app purchase: billing service unavailable on device (response3:billing unavailable)

Any idea? Play Store does show my papypal account as being registered.....

Should I delete all the files ie play services, google account, id, blackberry id, playstore and reinstall?
    In-app purchases aren't supported
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    12-31-14 08:26 AM
    I may have an idea... must do some research...
    12-31-14 08:42 AM
    I've purchased a few apps without problem on 1154.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 08:45 AM
    Ahh well that explains it.
    Weird thing is that these in-app purchases are being offered free for a few days, and I still get that error. Oh well.

Thanks!
    12-31-14 08:48 AM
    Ahh well that explains it.
    Weird thing is that these in-app purchases are being offered free for a few days, and I still get that error. Oh well.

Thanks!
    I buy stuff with one of my other devices. That has worked for the most part
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    12-31-14 08:58 AM
    I have a question. What is the benefit of using this over Snap? Is it just to be able to purchase apps?

Also does downloading apps with this make push notifications possible? Looking to get sports push notifications working.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 08:59 AM
    I have a question. What is the benefit of using this over Snap? Is it just to be able to purchase apps?

Also does downloading apps with this make push notifications possible? Looking to get sports push notifications working.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Are you really asking me this?
    12-31-14 09:16 AM

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Benefits over snap are notifications of updates, no freeze when scrolling through apps list and cleaner UI (imo). For Sports app with Push the only app I know that seems to work is Yahoo Sport. I use that for Premier League results.

Posted via CB10
    diego.roscetti likes this.
    12-31-14 09:20 AM
    Benefits over snap are notifications of updates, no freeze when scrolling through apps list and cleaner UI (imo). For Sports app with Push the only app I know that seems to work is Yahoo Sport. I use that for Premier League results.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for the response unlike others in this forum.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 09:24 AM
    Are you really asking me this?
    I wasn't asking you. I was asking the forum.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 09:26 AM
    Thank you for the response unlike others in this forum.

Posted via CB10
    Listen, my dear Diego. There are 572 posts explaining what you get and what you don't get. Maybe you should just take the time to read some of them, including the FIRST post.

Thank you.
    moody likes this.
    12-31-14 09:28 AM
    Listen, my dear Diego. There are 572 posts explaining what you get and what you don't get. Maybe you should just take the time to read some of them, including the FIRST post.

Thank you.
    Thank you my dearest Cobalt. For your information I was trying to read your first post on the CB app. Your first post on the app shows jumbled with a bunch of symbols which make it difficult to read.

I thought the nice people of the crackberry community could summarize it for me as I do not have access to a computer to read it properly.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 09:44 AM
6,728 ... 2122232425 ...