Guys I can't open my app specific password when I'm trying to open it it always shows the account settings instead of app password... do u have any idea about y this is happening... and I opened it on the android browser

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 07:08 PM
    Another small problem I've came across is a conflict between the Play Stores notifications and Google Maps. I haven't patched mine or anything as I rarely use it.

Attachment 323609

If I patch it, will this problem still occur? It's not really that big a deal for me, asking as the notifications only appear when I'm using the app in the background, I don't really mind.

Posted via CB10
    It can't be fixed with patching. But you can turn off the notifications. In BlackBerry Google ID app go to Android settings->apps->Google Maps and then turn off notifications.
    moody likes this.
    12-27-14 07:17 PM
    Guys I can't open my app specific password when I'm trying to open it it always shows the account settings instead of app password... do u have any idea about y this is happening... and I opened it on the android browser

Posted via CB10
    If you mean you want to create a new app-specific password... if you're doing it from a.mobile browser, go to the bottom of the Google page and tap desktop site. From there if you access your account settings, you'll be able to make a new app specific password for Google play store on your BlackBerry
    12-27-14 07:24 PM
    I had a problem logging in as well, until I realized I was still logged into SNAP. Log out of that and you should be golden. Can't have 2 "Android" devices running on 1 phone.
    I'm not so sure that's the cause. I have both on my phone working just fine, however I should point out that I'm using the same gsf id for both.
    12-27-14 07:26 PM
    If you mean you want to create a new app-specific password... if you're doing it from a.mobile browser, go to the bottom of the Google page and tap desktop site. From there if you access your account settings, you'll be able to make a new app specific password for Google play store on your BlackBerry
    Can u explain it clearly I can't figure out what u said. And I did like that but of no use

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 07:57 PM
    Thanks cobalt. I could install on my Z30 y'day and running well. It's only matter which application would run and which doesn't.

Prithvi, Z30 thru CB10
    12-27-14 08:43 PM
    Can u explain it clearly I can't figure out what u said. And I did like that but of no use

Posted via CB10
    Well I guess the first question is... What is it that you are trying to do exactly with two step authentication?
    12-27-14 10:02 PM
    Cobalt thanks buddy. we are very glad to have you on our crackberry .. we are all very thankful to u. And what matter is which app will work and which doesn't .. hope you will try next for this

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    FastLane228 likes this.
    12-27-14 11:41 PM
    Why are there 3 download files but two are the same?

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    12-27-14 11:53 PM
    Hello guys, loving this Google Play! So smooth in loading; faster than other Android loaders I use.
    But I notice this though:

Everytime I try to download Google Maps, I get this error after this stage:- Install>Accept
    (pls find attached). Pls what does this mean and what must I do to get the download to work. I've retried over and over again.
    Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20141228_062111.png

Signed: HARDAYS via Z30/10.3.1.1154
    12-28-14 12:15 AM
    Thanks cobalt. I could install on my Z30 y'day and running well. It's only matter which application would run and which doesn't.

Prithvi, Z30 thru CB10
    Are there two install files or three? Instructions from main post say 3 but only two download files. - are the same am I right?

12-28-14 12:28 AM
    I can't get it to work.

2 of the 3 download files are the same.

Do I need a Gmail email account or will my Google log in Id work as it does with Snap.

I can't figure this out. Install sounds simple enough but I'm unable to install it.

12-28-14 01:05 AM
    This is really cool.

I managed to get the play store working on my wife's old Z10. I'm currently using Android as my daily driver because I need Google Hangouts to video chat with my kids on iPhones.

I'm wondering if this has any impact on getting Hangouts working -- has anyone tried? It's the only thing holding me back from ditching android and going full-on BB.
    12-28-14 01:07 AM
    I can't get it to work.

2 of the 3 download files are the same.

Do I need a Gmail email account or will my Google log in Id work as it does with Snap.

I can't figure this out. Install sounds simple enough but I'm unable to install it.

All 3 files are unique. Perhaps that's part of your problem (that you're missing a file!?)
    12-28-14 01:14 AM
    All 3 files are unique. Perhaps that's part of your problem (that you're missing a file!?)
    I'm downloading all 3 files but two install Google ID and the other installs the Players store

I placed them all in Mega here's what I get

Attachment 323692
    12-28-14 01:22 AM
    Yup, you're missing the Google login services apk. Try downloading it from cobalt's Google apps landing page thread in his signature.

Edit: better yet, here's a link to a copy I had backed up. Not sure if there's been an update to this apk, but I think it should work fine. https://app.box.com/s/v4r2x18mb023sav30a7z
    12-28-14 01:34 AM
    This is so awesome! Thanks Cobalt!
    12-28-14 01:40 AM
    I had the same problem. Try activating two-step verification for your Google accounts. There is an option to do this in the "Signing-In" section of the page that is currently opening for you. Or go to Google email, click on your email address in the upper right and select "Accounts."

Once two-step verification is set-up, go back and try the directions given on the first page, particularly the YouTube video, and try again. It worked for me after doing that, otherwise I was always taken to the accounts page that you are seeing. Once Google Play is up and running, two-step verification can be turned off for your regular Google account.
    12-28-14 01:40 AM
    I think I got it.

Followed instructions to a T

If I see this am I in?

Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20141228_023849.png

Can I delete the Google account and BlackBerry Google ID files now or is recommended they remain?

How do I now turn off 2 step verification?

PS: Thanks Cobalt

12-28-14 01:41 AM
    Looks good. They must remain!
    12-28-14 01:42 AM
    Looks good. They must remain!
    Thanks!!

Awesome that apps I intalled using Snap show as "installed" when viewed on the Google Play Store.

Awesome work.

Thanks again Cobalt!! Worthy of a donation for sure

12-28-14 01:50 AM
    Hmm other apps that use Google play services (YouTube, Voice) aren't working when I have this installed.
    12-28-14 01:55 AM
    Hmm other apps that use Google play services (YouTube, Voice) aren't working when I have this installed.
    Hmmm, they shouldn't be working any better/worse than before this was installed. This only serves as a mechanism to acquire apps. They won't work any better than before (aside from the fact that you'll be able to login to *some* Google apps).
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    12-28-14 01:58 AM
    That's because they don't work at all, at least for logging in. If it requires a Google plus account, you can't sign in to it. It's an old but well documented issue. The play store doesn't need a Google plus account, only a Gmail address.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 01:58 AM
    Hmmm, they shouldn't be working any better/worse than before this was installed. This only serves as a mechanism to acquire apps. They won't work any better than before (aside from the fact that you'll be able to login to *some* Google apps).
    Right, what Sally Mack said. You beat me to the punch!

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 02:01 AM
6,728 ... 1617181920 ...