Maybe try a reboot
    Yeah, I already tried that, but no success

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 10:15 PM
    Yeah, I already tried that, but no success

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Might wanna try an update... I haven't had any issues on 10.3.1 and it's a huge step up from 10.2, in my opinion
    danesalinas likes this.
    12-26-14 10:18 PM
    Might wanna try an update... I haven't had any issues on 10.3.1 and it's a huge step up from 10.2, in my opinion
    You are lucky I am on the latest 10.3.1.1154 and I encountered the same problems. I'm back using Snap and if updates will fix this issues I will gladly move to google play store.

Visit my BBM Channel - C000E96F6
    12-26-14 10:26 PM
    I'm not an expert so I don't want to mess with my phone, but now that I will have to wait to February (or more, by the way do unlocked phones receive the update directly from BlackBerry?) I will investigate and maybe try to update. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 10:28 PM
    Thanks Cobalt! Got it working now!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    FastLane228 likes this.
    12-26-14 10:31 PM
    Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20141226_225858.png

Heres a screenshot on my Passport

FastLane228 likes this.
    12-26-14 10:32 PM
    I'm not an expert so I don't want to mess with my phone, but now that I will have to wait to February (or more, by the way do unlocked phones receive the update directly from BlackBerry?) I will investigate and maybe try to update. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Updates are pushed through the carrier. Just a heads up, if you managed ANY of this stuff, you are over-qualified to update your device. Have fun
    danesalinas likes this.
    12-26-14 10:55 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141226_225858.png 
Views:	1512 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	323415

Heres a screenshot on my Passport

I agree it looks great.
    Let us know how it actually works in a few days. Most of the major advantages over Snap are still not usable in whole or part.
    Valiant effort, but we still need Google Services and apparently that is not likely..
    12-26-14 11:37 PM
    hi! cobalt,

I have play store installed successfully but some of the apps NEEDS Google Play Service
    What can I do? Thank You
    12-27-14 12:27 AM
    Thanks bro. I followed the instruction, Works well with ma Q10. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 12:51 AM
    Can someone give me simple steps to get play store. Cobalt im not familiar with coding.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 01:10 AM
    Can someone give me simple steps to get play store. Cobalt im not familiar with coding.

Posted via CB10
    Follow the instructions given in the first post of this thread.

hi! cobalt,

I have play store installed successfully but some of the apps NEEDS Google Play Service
    What can I do? Thank You
    First of all, Welcome to Crackberry!

You need to follow the instructions in the first post of these 2 threads:

This first one allows you to "patch" the app to remove dependencies for Google Play Services. http://forums.crackberry.com/android...rvices-914930/

And the second provides the required patched Google Play Services you'll need so that your patched apps will run correctly. http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

Good Luck and enjoy the ride!
    moody and aventurine like this.
    12-27-14 01:20 AM
    And thanks Cobalt from myself, I've finally gotten the chance to do some updates and it is all working, as others have stated, flawlessly on my devices.
    I appreciate all the time and effort you and others have put into this, to get it all to work so well. Cheers!
    moody and Cobalt232 like this.
    12-27-14 01:29 AM
    Works like a charm. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    12-27-14 01:30 AM
    I agree it looks great.
    Let us know how it actually works in a few days. Most of the major advantages over Snap are still not usable in whole or part.
    Valiant effort, but we still need Google Services and apparently that is not likely..
    What advantages would that be?
    12-27-14 03:20 AM
    I donated, thanks again for your work! =)

Unfortunately it stopped working for me it displays this message
    "Unfortunately, Google Play has stopped". I didn't delete any of the apps. I tried un installing the 3 apps and re installing again but I can't make it work =(. Any suggestions? I'm on a Z30 10.2.1

Edit: now I don't know what I did, but it started working again! What?? Anyway now it works perfectly! Hope it stays that way!

Edit2: now is not working again =( any suggestions? (same problem I mentioned above)

Posted via CB10
    I strongly recommend to update your device to 10.3 or better. I've been running the store for some time now and never had any issue. I'm on 10.3.908.

Please understand that the Android Runtime of 10.3 is miles ahead from 10.2.1 regarding app compatibility.

For example, Google Chrome doesn't work on 10.2.1 while it does on 10.3.
    Last edited by Cobalt232; 12-27-14 at 02:55 PM.
    12-27-14 03:26 AM
    I strongly recommend to update your device to 10.3 or better. I've been running the store for some time now and never had any issue. I'm on 10.3.908.

Please understand that the Android Runtime of 10.3 is miles away from 10.2.1 regarding app compatibility.

For example, Google Chrome doesn't work on 10.2.1 while it does on 10.3.
    Is 10.3.1 android runtime better than 10.3.0?

STL100-2 - OS 10.3.0.1418
    12-27-14 03:45 AM
    Hi, I have the problem that many apps that already bought are now to buy again. Has some same issue? Cobalt expect that apps are not bought with this Google account, but they are. Because on my note4 you see it ready for installing. And they listed in apps. So some is going wrong here.
    12-27-14 03:54 AM
    Hi, I have the problem that many apps that already bought are now to buy again. Has some same issue? Cobalt expect that apps are not bought with this Google account, but they are. Because on my note4 you see it ready for installing. And they listed in apps. So some is going wrong here.
    As the purchasing module is completely untouched, I can't really tell what's going on. Maybe there are device dependencies.
    I did purchase some apps with Play Store on the device and then removed the apps again. I could reinstall them without any problems.

I won't look into the app purchasing, as I do not want to tamper with it. I believe that people would have no good feelings if I did so.
    So, it works the way it works. Untouched, untampered.
    Last edited by Cobalt232; 12-27-14 at 04:31 AM.
    moody and sibeans like this.
    12-27-14 04:12 AM
    Where do I get the MEGA App to download on my Z30

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 07:12 AM
    Where do I get the MEGA App to download on my Z30

Posted via CB10
    From BlackBerry World. Or you could use the bitcasa links which doesn't require any app

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.1151
    12-27-14 07:23 AM
    What advantages would that be?
    Basically, the multimedia stuff. The stuff that is not available on Snap *for the most part* will not function at all or not well without the Google players/ services from what I tried. Also as mentioned it is causing many of my android apps that were working without issue to constantly push notifications that "account info needed." This in turn (or some other function of Play Store) is negatively affecting battery life. Yesterday I was below 20% by 5PM. I usually get a day and a half minimum. Only change I made was Play Store installation.
    I understand some apps not on Snap may function without issue. I also understand none of this is your fault. You did an outstanding job getting this to us with some functionality at all. Great job! But for full functionality and usability, this Google Services issue needs to be resolved. Patching is an answer in limited cases, not most, but also usually with some loss of functionality.
    12-27-14 07:59 AM
    I believe it doesn't work. The receiver for in-app purchases is deactivated in AndroidManifest. If not done, the app will not install.
    I can confirm that it doesn't work.. The Blackberry payment login may come up, but the purchase will not work when you authenticate. Is there a way to temporarily disable the Google ID without uninstalling the app to allow direct purchases (for example, I mentioned one app I tried had direct PayPal payment which worked before the hack was installed, but the button changed to one that said pay with Google Play after installation and which doesn't work; if you delete the Google ID app, then the app reverts back to direct payment so it would be very convenient for cases like this to be able to disable the Google ID temporarily without uninstalling and reinstalling the app and redoing the check in)

On another front, I also previously reported parse errors during installation after an app was downloaded.. Once you cancel, Play Store just shows the install button again as if you had never downloaded it in the first place.. Now I found that if you just repeat the download (which can be painful for larger apps), eventually the install seems to work, so in this case I hit the install button again, but this time I was paying attention and noted a completely different download size this time: first time round was 49.4MB and only 20.6MB the second time; the second download and install worked... Again, I wasn't really paying attention in previous download attempts, but I do seem to recall seeing different download sizes.. Any clue as to what's happening? I know Google Play sometimes has different versions of apps that it serves up depending on what device and OS you have; it is perhaps getting confused at what a BlackBerry is and serving up an incompatible version once in a while?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 09:09 AM
    yeah Technically which means I have 4 app stores, try and download a movie from Snap oh wait you can't, Amazon is limited, blackberry world (no comments) lol, but thanks for the technicality
    12-27-14 09:25 AM
    Is 10.3.1 android runtime better than 10.3.0?

STL100-2 - OS 10.3.0.1418
    As there is always progress in development it may be better.
    12-27-14 09:47 AM
6,728 ... 1415161718 ...