Just download normally. thats what I did. no need for another useless app on my mobile when the browser works just fine.

Why not use a PC, then use blend to transfer to the device?
    That's exactly what I did worked like a charm.
    12-25-14 07:44 AM
    Downloaded... works fine, but the Youtube app from the playstore does not work. It crashes all time when I try to open.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 08:24 AM
    Thank you to Cobalt for your hard work.. It seems to mostly work, but there's a few strange interactions happening:

1) If you have another Google App that has installation permissions (so for example, I have Advanced Permission Manager that allows me to tweak the manifest permissions on the fly), the Android player will now show you the options to use to install the app after downloading, and it seems you must use whatever 3rd party installer you have vs. the native package installer: if you use the native package installer, nothing happens and it goes back to the Play Store which just offers you the opportunity to install again..
    2) Although you can select most apps available in Play Store, not all apps will install: some fail with some sort of parse error before they get to the BlackBerry app installer screen.. These tended to be the apps that didn't work properly with direct APK installs either; unfortunately you simply don't know whether an app is installable without first attempting the download, which in some cases, may take a while..
    3) In-app purchases are now "enabled" with Google Checkout, *BUT*, when you select this option, it starts up BlackBerry payments, which obviously fails.. In one particular app I use fairly often, before installing the Google ID hacks, it offered direct PayPal purchases, but now it only shows the non-functional Google Checkout.. This is the one I'd like to fix right away, but before I start uninstalling things and possibly breaking things badly, will this revert if I remove the 3rd party Google ID from the BlackBerry accounts? Or will I have to uninstall or worst case, wipe and restore from backup?
    12-25-14 08:32 AM
    A quick paypal donation to you Sir Cobalt232..thanks for your work and effort, It doesn't take but 1 minute to donate...go go go now and contribute
    12-25-14 08:35 AM
    Merry Christmas CB!!

Will the apps you download and pay for still work after removing Play Store and this app?
    Unlike Amazon app, if you do a app back up & remove Amazon app the pay apps
    if you try to re-install from B/U wont work and it tells you to re-install Amazon app.
    (Don't know about the free ones).

Next, can we get a few more replies about this working on 10.2.1.XXXX please.
    Better info is if you post the XXXX number of the OS and the phone model as well.
    Thanks in advance.

Thanks Cobalt, your BB 10's Santa.. lol :-)

Aka Warrior...
    12-25-14 08:37 AM
    It looks like I could FIX the problem with 50+ MB apps and the obb files (mostly games). Wrote the last line of code just a few secs ago. The code is almost untested.

Are there any volunteers who want to test?
    12-25-14 09:36 AM
    If you still have Snap, your paid app should still work if you have to remove google play store
    akawarrior likes this.
    12-25-14 09:41 AM
    Can anything be done in regards to Google Play Services? I would like to gets Snapchat, Clash of Clan, many other android apps working on my Z30.

Also my wife has Samsung S3 and would like to move over to BlackBerry phone but doesn't want to lose her progress level on S3.

How can we get Google Services work on BlackBerry phones so I can get her progress level over to her BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    I think google play services are fine. Whe have a dutch app overhere (start2run) and it never works. Always failed on the download sources when i try to patch the apk with lucky patcher. and always the note " google play services had stopped" or something. Now it works like a charm.
    12-25-14 09:46 AM
    I got Google Play working using the steps here and then installed maps. It installed but showed a black screen. Can you please help me with it. I just want to use Google Maps on Z10 running 10.3.1.1154 leak.

Thanks for so much effort
    12-25-14 09:49 AM
    It looks like I could FIX the problem with 50+ MB apps and the obb files (mostly games). Wrote the last line of code just a few secs ago. The code is almost untested.

Are there any volunteers who want to test?
    Send it my way! I'd be glad to

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 09:54 AM
    Ah well, here it is for all.

Google Play Store 5.1.11 with fix for 50MB+ apps and obb support.

Remove the previous version of Play Store before installing this version.
    12-25-14 10:01 AM

Thanks for the work, Cobalt.

Will deleting current PlayStore and install this one will disable current functions?
    Because currently I've got Google Play Services working in my set up with android notifications coming in quite prompt. E.g. Instagram and Bloomberg app. Don't want to lose the notifications.
    Please advice.

Posted via Astro Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1154
    12-25-14 10:13 AM
    Thanks cobalt

Sent from the other side of the country
    12-25-14 10:19 AM
    Thanks for the work, Cobalt.

Will deleting current PlayStore and install this one will disable current functions?
    Because currently I've got Google Play Services working in my set up with android notifications coming in quite prompt. E.g. Instagram and Bloomberg app. Don't want to lose the notifications.
    Please advice.

Deleting Play store will not affect your other installed apps. And the new version doesn't remove any features i.e. notifications.
    12-25-14 10:29 AM
    Deleting Play store will not affect your other installed apps. And the new version doesn't remove any features i.e. notifications.
    Cool, thanks for the prompt reply Cobalt.

12-25-14 10:33 AM
    This. Is. Amazing. Working great on my Z30 - thanks so much! Donating right now.
    Cobalt232 and 00_Agent like this.
    12-25-14 10:43 AM
    Just downloaded a 131MB game. Works brilliantly.
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    12-25-14 10:45 AM
    What a wonderful Christmas gift. Thanks to Cobalt232 and all those who made it possible.
    12-25-14 11:22 AM
    @cobalt thanks a lot. Everything is working perfectly! May I ask where does the apk's get downloaded?

Posted via awesome Passport
    12-25-14 12:01 PM
    Has anybody installed Google Play Movies and having trouble watching movies? I rented The Interview and it just has an error when I try to play it. It says it is fully downloaded though. Also, I purchased another movie and does the same thing. I can play the trailers just fine, so not sure why this is happening? I did the troubleshooting steps recommended by Google play. Any advice??

Thanks guys!!

Posted via CB10
    sosof likes this.
    12-25-14 12:02 PM
    Installed and Play working, downloaded a 228mb game and when starting to install it goes to a blank screen and does nothing.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 12:29 PM
    What game is it?
    12-25-14 12:55 PM

You know what's awesome about this release? That "unable to install" error I got with your previous release... fixed!
    FastLane228 likes this.
    12-25-14 01:26 PM
    The Mega app gives me a "outdated browser error" when installing on my z10. Can you help. Running stock updated OS
    12-25-14 01:36 PM
    You know what's awesome about this release? That "unable to install" error I got with your previous release... fixed!
    Now that's good news, Sal!
    12-25-14 01:50 PM
6,728 ... 910111213 ...