Any difference with snap?
    Posted via CB10
    Immediate notification to HUB of Updates from Play store
    12-23-14 04:25 PM
    I had app specific password set up for Google. so regular password for my email didnt work. had to go to google app specific password and generate password. picked others from the options. better off going to this page from your phone and cut and paste new password.

My steps.
    1 download installed all 3 files.
    2 opened blackberry google ID icon
    3. Asked for new google id
    4 entered my google appspecific password. People who don't have this requirement may go with their regular google email I'd password.
    5. Once logged in. Close blackberry google ID screen.
    6 open google play store and it works.
    Last edited by sidhuk; 12-23-14 at 04:38 PM.
    12-23-14 04:26 PM
    Cobalt, where to APKs go after install? Thinking of ones that need patching if it arises. With Snap, they're in the downloads folder. They don't seem to go there using the Play Store in this thread. Thanks
    12-23-14 04:29 PM
    So does it mean Google play and services dependent apps would work? And work smoothly?

Posted via CB10
    Google services dependent apps require patching still. This only offers functionality of the store as-is, and nothing beyond that.
    12-23-14 04:43 PM
    Someone please confirm what works and what doesn't before i spend time on this
    12-23-14 04:57 PM
    Reserved
    You do know you can just use "Subscribe to Thread" this way in CB10 app this thread is accessible there too

Cheers.
    12-23-14 05:04 PM
    Lovely jubbly all seems to work...question has anyone be able to download a video and play it on play movies

Passport/10.3.0.1418. UK
    12-23-14 05:06 PM
    You do know you can just use "Subscribe to Thread" this way in CB10 app this thread is accessible there too

Cheers.
    He's the OP so he's already subscribed smh.

He reserved that post for updates and the such

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 05:12 PM
    I'm also getting the "unable to install app" some others are getting. I first tried to upgrade from the previously installed version and got the unable to install.

I then re-installed the previous version, uninstalled it properly, did a few restarts, and tried again. Same issue. I also tried removing the gsf v3 apk, and obtained a new gsf id from blackberry google id apk, but that also made no difference .

In any case, I've pm'ed you my device log from the install to see if there's anything that you might be able to pick out that's the root cause.

Thanks,

Sal
    moody likes this.
    12-23-14 05:14 PM
    Cannot login with Google account. Do I installed all 3 and the tried again and now it could but said it already exists on this device.
    But cannot see them in accounts as before.

I did delete all Google apps and reboot before starting this again.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 05:22 PM
    Cool! Thanks heaps, Cobalt!

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 05:26 PM
    Cobalt!!! You are the best hero man! Good luck bro!

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 05:30 PM

Cheers.
    Lol thanks. But the meaning was to reserve the second post for additional information, if required ;-)
    southlander, moody and Rezwrld like this.
    12-23-14 05:31 PM
    I am gonna say here again what I said in a different thread just a while ago:

I applaud the effort that went into this work around, and I think it is great that the community can find help getting any (most) Android app they want working on their BlackBerry device.
    However please do not forget Amazon! If we ever want to be in a situation were complicated Google Play work arounds are no longer needed, we need to let developers and companies know we want their apps to be readily available to us!
    So by all means, sideload these files to get Google Play, but for every app that you use, and that more or less works as expected: let the owner know that it does, let them know you love the app on your BlackBerry, and let them know about the option to put it on Amazon (heck it is even an easier way for them to tap into a new userbase).
    It might not convince anyone that isn't already on Amazon, but who knows it might help with stuff like more frequent updates there etc
    _____

PS: little unrelated but still: do the same on BBWorld if you want devs to keep working on their native apps! There are way too many apps that get promoted even here on CB, which still have less than 20 reviews! We can do better than that! Just write a short review, it's only 5 minutes of your time, for apps that probably save you over an hour of effort every day.
    12-23-14 05:35 PM
    Error. What am I doing wrong
    Attachment 322650
    Attachment 322651
    Attachment 322652

Posted via CB10
    Getting a similar error

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 05:36 PM
    Someone please confirm what works and what doesn't before i spend time on this
    It's in the first post.
    Umaima_B_Dia and moody like this.
    12-23-14 05:37 PM
    So does it mean Google play and services dependent apps would work? And work smoothly?

Posted via CB10
    Does not mean this at all. He provided nothing to do with Play Services.
    12-23-14 05:43 PM
    Cannot login with Google account. Do I installed all 3 and the tried again and now it could but said it already exists on this device.
    But cannot see them in accounts as before.

I did delete all Google apps and reboot before starting this again.

Posted via CB10
    Using 2 step verification with Google?
    12-23-14 05:45 PM
    Using 2 step verification with Google?
    explain?
    12-23-14 05:49 PM
    Followed instructions to the T! Worked first time through. Z30 running 10.2.1.2991
    Thanks got all my apps and updated all apk's on phone. Thanks
    Will be donating.
    Ducca683 likes this.
    12-23-14 05:52 PM
    Thank you, sir.

Works perfectly following your instructions

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 06:01 PM
    Cobalt, where to APKs go after install? Thinking of ones that need patching if it arises. With Snap, they're in the downloads folder. They don't seem to go there using the Play Store in this thread. Thanks
    +1
    12-23-14 06:19 PM
    Saving apk' is currently not supported. Remember: The original Play Store doesn't have that feature either.
    12-23-14 06:27 PM
    Thank you Cobalt!!!! However, I'm curious to know if the apps that rely on Google Play Services are supposed to work? I tried using CityMapper and Starbucks app (store locations) and it tells me that I need Google Play Services......

Am I doing something wrong????

I'm using a BlackBerry Passport running SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.1151
    12-23-14 06:37 PM
    Another link please!!?

Posted via CB10
    fcsmyth likes this.
    12-23-14 06:40 PM
6,728 12345 ...