Hi

BlackBerry 10 is slowly fading away and I haven't been bringing up new versions of my patched Google apps for a while now. As I know that there still are a lot of BB10 fans around the world, I'm releasing the Google Play Store smali source to the public.

If you want to look at the changes that I made to Play Store, you can search the files for ### PATCH in any good search tool. I added a short description to the patched code so that you can better understand what the patch is changing. My favorite search tool is GrepWin (https://sourceforge.net/projects/grepwin/files/).

The source is ready to compile with a few easy steps:

1. Install Play Services Patcher
    2. Copy the content of the zip file into the /tmp directory
    3. Create a dummy file named "com.android.vending_6.0.0.apk" (a renamed text file will do. Be sure that the files doesn't end up with the name "com.android.vending_6.0.0.apk.txt")
    4. Open Play Services Patcher, go to options and select "keep processing folder"
    5. Select the dummy apk file
    6. Hit rebuild

Play Store 6.0.0.0 smali source code:
    https://www.mycloud.ch/s/#S0093D0745...4DF95E88ACDE59

I've put a lot of time and effort to implement those patches and to bring Play Store to OS 10 - It's never to late to say thanks with a small donation!

Dontate:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Cobalt232; 07-06-16 at 11:31 AM.
    07-06-16 10:36 AM
    Thank you. sounds good. But what is Google Play Store smali source and what does it do

I only know that nothing is working for me

my watsapp continues to be dysfunctional

many apps dont work

I am unable to update my blackberry passport as I am told not to

I think some of this needs to be re-written for the layperson so that it would be of use

thanks again. I'm happy to donate, if only my passport has functional apps. right now, it is all opening and closing simultaneously
    07-06-16 12:47 PM
    If you don't know what smali is, you can ignore this post. Go and buy a Priv.
    tdyhedge and wasalph like this.
    07-06-16 01:08 PM
    If you don't know what smali is, you can ignore this post. Go and buy a Priv.
    Well said... that's what I had to do. You've done a great job helping the faithful. Honesty can be painful but is for the best.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-06-16 01:36 PM
    Nice one. Thanks Cobalt.

I know what smali is and I'm walking with and using both smartphone devices (OS BB10 - OG BlackBerry Passport and OS Google Android Marshmallow - OG BlackBerry Priv) on daily bases.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 03:57 PM
    WOW !!!

So much content within the zip file that has to be extract and exact placed in any sub folders within the tmp folder.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 05:13 PM
    All right..

I completed the steps..

Will the self made apk file of mine overwright the previous Cobalt's patched official version of the Google Play Store during the installation process?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 08:32 PM
    You will have to remove the old version because BlackBerry Android runtime doesn't overwrite same app versions.
    07-07-16 12:12 AM
    I was hoping to see the new added sections- subscription and beta
    07-07-16 12:43 AM
    That is a feature of newer Play Store versions. It's not available in 6.0.
    07-07-16 01:11 AM
    You will have to remove the old version because BlackBerry Android runtime doesn't overwrite same app versions.
    Understood.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 06:19 AM
    That is a feature of newer Play Store versions. It's not available in 6.0.
    Is there a way we can get the newer version to work?
    07-07-16 06:20 AM
    Unfortunately no. Versions after 6.x use scrambled code that makes it very hard to patch. I could do it with very much effort, but the OS10 platform is EOL and I prefer to spend my time for other projects. But you now have my source code. Maybe you want to try it yourself?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-07-16 06:56 AM
    Thanks much. You've been great and we really appreciate the efforts.
    07-07-16 08:57 AM
    Thanks Cobalt you are doing a great job.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 09:09 AM
    Hi all. I am having difficulties in creating an apk folder. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 03:08 AM
    So who's gonna make a native cascades google play using this code??

Just kiddin.....

Though that would ne cool!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 03:11 AM
    Now I definitely think it's time to leave BB10?

Long live BB10
    07-08-16 04:07 AM
    [QUOTE=Cobalt232;12495740]Hi

BlackBerry 10 is slowly fading away and I haven't been bringing up new versions of my patched Google apps for a while now. As I know that there still are a lot of BB10 fans around the world, I'm releasing the Google Play Store smali source to the public.

If you want to look at the changes that I made to Play Store, you can search the files for ### PATCH in any good search tool. I added a short description to the patched code so that you can better understand what the patch is changing. My favorite search tool is GrepWin (https://sourceforge.net/projects/grepwin/files/).

The source is ready to compile with a few easy steps:

1. Install Play Services Patcher
    2. Copy the content of the zip file into the /tmp directory
    3. Create a dummy file named "com.android.vending_6.0.0.apk" (a renamed text file will do. Be sure that the files doesn't end up with the name "com.android.vending_6.0.0.apk.txt")
    4. Open Play Services Patcher, go to options and select "keep processing folder"
    5. Select the dummy apk file
    6. Hit rebuild

Play Store 6.0.0.0 smali source code:
    https://www.mycloud.ch/s/#S0093D0745...4DF95E88ACDE59

I've put a lot of time and effort to implement those patches and to bring Play Store to OS 10 - It's never to late to say thanks with a small donation!

Dontate:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

Enjoy![/QUOTE

I cannot thank you enough, as someone who used to do this with Windows programs having the source code will make this fun to work with. I hope people realize nothing has changed, everything works as it should but in the end without real updates to OS 10 the train has left the station on when it will just stop running. A job well done, and the fact you are opening up your work to others only shows what kind on man you are!!

Triple Woof!
    Cobalt232 and IndianTiwari like this.
    07-08-16 07:02 AM
    Hi I have done all that, but I am not a computer genius and need to know how to create the dummy folder. I have tried but my folder keeps the. txt.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 08:30 AM
    Unfortunately no. Versions after 6.x use scrambled code that makes it very hard to patch. I could do it with very much effort, but the OS10 platform is EOL and I prefer to spend my time for other projects. But you now have my source code. Maybe you want to try it yourself?
    Does that mean you are done with all your efforts with BB10?

Appreciate your making BB10 usable for the last couple of years. And also enjoy your efforts with the PRIV's apps on Android, made the transition much easier.
    anon(9742832) and Uzi like this.
    07-08-16 10:14 AM
    Don't worry. I'll continue to support the patcher and if Play Services stop working I'll find a way to fix it.

But yes, BlackBerry 10 is done. I would not recommend any new buyer to get such a device. The future is Android.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    07-08-16 11:43 AM
    A man's man..........................go clear advice. People should know if you buy an OS 10 phone do it with eyes wide open.

Donate: NOW PEOPLE

Woof!
    Cobalt232 and IndianTiwari like this.
    07-08-16 02:08 PM
    Don't worry. I'll continue to support the patcher and if Play Services stop working I'll find a way to fix it.

But yes, BlackBerry 10 is done. I would not recommend any new buyer to get such a device. The future is Android.
    This is for the BlackBerry to reconsider their strategy for its existence as a separate identity. Main cause of their their failure in the market is applications, so please make all possible arrangements with Google to have Play Store.

Passport SE 10.3.2.2888
    damien kupuku likes this.
    07-08-16 02:25 PM
    Hi Cobalt, I just wanted to know how to get the latest patch of G maps, uber and ola. I've followed the instructions given and patched the latest versions. Even though they work fine. These applications are not Displaying maps. Please let me know how to do it or can you help me get the latest patch. I'm using blackberry z10. I've used the play store patcher 1.6
    05-16-17 05:28 AM
26 12