Has anyone gotten the music shortcuts to work with Google Play Music? I can access my library, play music over bluetooth, etc. But I'd like to be able to skip tracks by holding the volume keys, and play/pause with the voice control key. I'd also like to be able to skip tracks with my car's steering wheel controls.

My other android .apks (pandora, etc) seem to work with the music shortcuts and my cars controls. Even the google music web interface can be paused/played with the voice control key. But not the app.

So, is it do-able?

Thanks in advance.

Q10 - Verizon

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 08:16 AM
    Probably not. You're asking for apps essentially not meant to be ran on your device to actually integrate fully with it. I'm sure you can see the problem there. Your device was never part of the programming so unless it's by sheer luck like some of the apps you've got it working on, it might never work. I'm not even sure of Google Music does that on Android as it is right now, so there's an even greater chance as to why it's not working.
    01-04-14 05:40 PM
    Wait, you were able to get g
    Google music to work? How?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 05:46 PM
    Wait, you were able to get g
    Google music to work? How?

Posted via CB10
    There are multiple threads on it....try searching for "10.2.1 gmail" and you should find it.

Q10 - Verizon (10.2.1.1925)
    anon(1152406) likes this.
    01-04-14 06:08 PM
    Probably not. You're asking for apps essentially not meant to be ran on your device to actually integrate fully with it. I'm sure you can see the problem there. Your device was never part of the programming so unless it's by sheer luck like some of the apps you've got it working on, it might never work. I'm not even sure of Google Music does that on Android as it is right now, so there's an even greater chance as to why it's not working.
    Good point. But I figure since BlackBerry put an android runtime on these devices, perhaps there's a way? I mean google play services are working...which I didn't think would happen.

01-04-14 06:16 PM
    Google play music never really integrated properly with my android device. It seemed set up as more of a secondary media player so it's unlikely it will ever work like this on bb10.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 05:40 PM
    Good point. But I figure since BlackBerry put an android runtime on these devices, perhaps there's a way? I mean google play services are working...which I didn't think would happen.

Google play services are only partially working, and by partially I mean 10% or less. We don't have a working google services framework and our devices cannot be rooted to install one at this point.
    Also, it's very unlikely for it to work like that, because it doesn't work like that on android devices either... so unless google releases a version with the ability to change tracks with the use of hardware buttons, it's probably not going to happen.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 05:51 PM
    Google play services are only partially working, and by partially I mean 10% or less. We don't have a working google services framework and our devices cannot be rooted to install one at this point.
    Also, it's very unlikely for it to work like that, because it doesn't work like that on android devices either... so unless google releases a version with the ability to change tracks with the use of hardware buttons, it's probably not going to happen.

Posted via CB10
    On my previous device (galaxy nexus), I was able to skip tracks with my car's steering wheel controls through bluetooth. The phone itself didn't have a capability to skip tracks with the volume buttons like BlackBerry does. On my Q, steering wheel controls work for sideloaded Pandora, the stock music app, and other music apps, but not for sideloaded Google music. The bluetooth does work for the actual audio.

Also, on my Q10, most media (music app, pandora, etc) automatically pauses when disconnected from bluetooth. Google music did this on my android, but doesn't do it on my Q10.

I guess my question is, why would the bluetooth audio control and auto pause/play work with sideloaded Pandora (and other apps) but not sideloaded Google Play Music?

01-08-14 07:29 PM
    Update: Loaded the 10.3.0.1418 OS. Now, music shortcut keys (holding volume up/down, pressing car steering wheel buttons when connected to bluetooth, etc) allow me to skip tracks and play/pause for the Google Play Music app (.apk).

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 11:07 AM