Hi.
    I'm using a Z30, which runs OS V10.3.2.2226.
    Installed the official Cobalt's for android apps.
    Everything's running just fine, except...
    When I try to run "Google play books", it pops a "No internet connection" message.
    Tried everythig, have installed two diferent android app manager, had my cel reboot thrice, had a reset several times, checked te internet connection, run the Virtual Expert, well, now I'm runnig out of ideas.
    Could please somebody help me?
    08-28-15 03:07 PM
    I have the same issue. I think it may have something to do with the Android Runtime version, because I get the same issue with a few Android games. They seem to load fine, but won't, or can't connect to either Wi-Fi or mobile internet. Maybe if the runtime is updated to run the newest Android versions they will be available.

Z30/STA100-5/10.3.1.2708
    08-28-15 06:33 PM
    That's kind of annoying. The only thing which attract me from Android is "books". And it's the only app wich doesn't run hahaha. Thanks a lot for sharing. Not the only one it's better than nothing.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 06:48 PM
    Google Books needs to be patched, like all apps that require Google Play Services.

Here is a prepatched version of Google Books that works right out of the box. Play Services must be installed on the device.
    https://mega.nz/#!xA1AgKqC!Q-oQy-cQn...wamVAjturizFQk

To learn how to patch apps yourself, you should read this post:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android.../#post10933307
    08-30-15 05:40 AM
    Dear Cobalt 232, thanks a lot for your help. I have installed BlackBerry android ID, Google Play Services, everything. All of them before downloading the Play Books apk you recommended me. Now, after downloading it, when just passed the BlackBerry Guardian test, it pops a "unable to install " message.
    Google play Books No internet connection message. How can I get it working?-img_20150830_065608.png
    Google play Books No internet connection message. How can I get it working?-img_20150830_065616.png

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 06:56 AM
    Uninstall the unpatched books version before installing the patched one. Maybe also try a reboot.
    08-30-15 08:15 AM
    I did try what you suggested, with no positive results. But I really appreciate your guidance.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 08:22 PM
    What do I gain from unistalling all apps then patching them? They worked before, some gave the message 'google services is required' but still worked, and some worked straight out of the box. Now I have installed google settings I keep getting the no connection everywhere, how do I go back to when it all worked?

EDIT: SOLVED. There's a setting in a new icon on the screen where in the mobile options for android apps it needs to be on.
    Last edited by crowning73; 12-15-15 at 10:17 PM.
    12-15-15 04:22 PM
    If anybody needs this still. Found this in another thread, worked like a charm for me:-

1. Switch off wifi
    2. switch on your flight mode
    3. Switch on your wifi
    4. Restart your mobile with ACTIVATED FLIGHT MODE & WIFI.
    5.KEEP flight mode On
    6. OPEN GOOGLE PLAY.
    IT will WORK
    7. Then Switch off flight mode
    01-12-16 06:39 PM
    Google Books needs to be patched, like all apps that require Google Play Services.

Here is a prepatched version of Google Books that works right out of the box. Play Services must be installed on the device.
    https://mega.nz/#!xA1AgKqC!Q-oQy-cQn...wamVAjturizFQk

To learn how to patch apps yourself, you should read this post:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android.../#post10933307
    I did patch the google books app. Still it asks for network connection. I checked the android mobile network setting too. The only app works with me is your prepatched youtube apk. Can I hav the prepatched apk of google books also. And the hangout app still asks me for google play services.
    05-16-16 02:15 AM