I sideloaded the latest version of Google Maps to my Z10. I am running 10.0.9.412 on VZ. Everything works including mapping out a destination or finding local places.
    The problem is the voice navigation will give the 1st direction and then about a minute into the trip the GPS connection is lost. I had this same problem with the previous version of Google Maps I had installed.
    All of my location settings are on in my Z10. If I use BB Maps over the same route I never lose the GPS connection. Is there something I need to do different in my Google Maps settings to fix this or is it because I'm only on the 10.0 software.
    As a side note, my so called LTE 4 G VZ connection is generally not more than the 1st 2 bars. Not sure if this isn't some of the problem. But if BB Maps GPS works, why doesn't the GPS on G Maps hold the connection.
    Just discovered too that if I go into settings from the bottom menu, the app throws an error and that tells me I need to force a close of Google Maps.
    Last edited by johnts; 07-18-13 at 11:15 AM.
    07-18-13 10:23 AM
    BB Maps is native, Google sideloaded maps has to run thru the runtime. If you are getting a weak signal to start with that may be the problem. I'm on Verizon and have installed a leak. My Z10 is the first phone I've installed a leaked os on. That said, installing a leaked OS from one of the links found in CB Forums is not any harder than sideloading an app. It is well worth it. I'm on 10.1.0.4651. Verizon in SO. Cal.

1. Download the OS leak. (15-30 min)
    2. Use "7zip" to extract the .RAR file. It's a free download from the internet. (5-10 min)
    3. Back up your phone using Blackberry Link ( Depends on how much you have on your phone...mine-5GB took 40 min)
    4. When your done backing up unplug your phone
    5. Turn your phone off (keep it unplugged)
    6. Run the autoloader that you extracted in step 2 (it should be a .exe file...not the. rar file) Wait until you see the words "Connecting to Bootrom" (5 min)
    7. Plug your phone into the computer while it's turned off. It will load os. (3 min)
    8. Let the autoloader close automatically and your phone turn on by itself.
    9. Run through the setup on your phone
    10. Restore your phone using link
    I sideloaded the latest version of Google Maps to my Z10. I am running 10.0.9.412 on VZ. Everything works including mapping out a destination or finding local places.
    The problem is the voice navigation will give the 1st direction and then about a minute into the trip the GPS connection is lost. I had this same problem with the previous version of Google Maps I had installed.
    All of my location settings are on in my Z10. If I use BB Maps over the same route I never lose the GPS connection. Is there something I need to do different in my Google Maps settings to fix this or is it because I'm only on the 10.0 software.
    As a side note, my so called LTE 4 G VZ connection is generally not more than the 1st 2 bars. Not sure if this isn't some of the problem. But if BB Maps GPS works, why doesn't the GPS on G Maps hold the connection.
    Just discovered too that if I go into settings from the bottom menu, the app throws an error and that tells me I need to force a close of Google Maps.
    07-19-13 02:20 AM
    BB Maps is native, Google sideloaded maps has to run thru the runtime. If you are getting a weak signal to start with that may be the problem. I'm on Verizon and have installed a leak. My Z10 is the first phone I've installed a leaked os on. That said, installing a leaked OS from one of the links found in CB Forums is not any harder than sideloading an app. It is well worth it. I'm on 10.1.0.4651. Verizon in SO. Cal.

1. Download the OS leak. (15-30 min)
    2. Use "7zip" to extract the .RAR file. It's a free download from the internet. (5-10 min)
    3. Back up your phone using Blackberry Link ( Depends on how much you have on your phone...mine-5GB took 40 min)
    4. When your done backing up unplug your phone
    5. Turn your phone off (keep it unplugged)
    6. Run the autoloader that you extracted in step 2 (it should be a .exe file...not the. rar file) Wait until you see the words "Connecting to Bootrom" (5 min)
    7. Plug your phone into the computer while it's turned off. It will load os. (3 min)
    8. Let the autoloader close automatically and your phone turn on by itself.
    9. Run through the setup on your phone
    10. Restore your phone using link
    Thanks for your help. I will try the update when I have some time. If you have the link to the version u are using, post it in this thread. I'm so frustrated with VZ and their slow updates. I bought the phone because they posted that the10.1 update was coming. My return period was up this past Tues. There have been many times I wish I had gone with the S4 instead.
    07-19-13 10:54 PM
    Heathen!

Well I understand. I sell many S4's a day. They are pretty sweet. I personally stick with BlackBerry for organization. I am also running a leak... I'm pretty sure everyone on Verizon us ;-p. But that said mine sometimes will force close but typically a battery pull will resolve the issue for Google maps.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 05:14 PM