Hi guys,

I have installed Google play services per the cobalt thread and I can download Google Maps just fine from the play store, but when I open it the map doesn't load and I still get an error about GOogle Play services. I have all the cobalt apps. What did I miss? On a Passport SE

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 01:20 PM
    i did patch mine to be able to use navigation ,but i never try on latest updates to install it straight from the store
    03-23-16 01:26 PM
    Hi guys,

I have installed Google play services per the cobalt thread and I can download Google Maps just fine from the play store, but when I open it the map doesn't load and I still get an error about GOogle Play services. I have all the cobalt apps. What did I miss? On a Passport SE

Posted via CB10
    You need to patch the Google Maps APK with G Maps Patcher (or whatever Cobalt's calls this utility these days). Then uninstall Gmaps your currently have installed, and then install the patched G Maps APK.

That's what I have done on my z30 many times and it worked every time.

Disclaimer: Last time I did this was a a few months ago. Haven't yet tried with newest G Maps APK
    03-23-16 04:13 PM
    Hi guys,

Posted via CB10
    Make sure you have the updated Google Play Services Build 4 and not Build 3 (if by chance you've installed Cobalt's files more than a couple weeks ago).

If you've just installed these files and it's not working then delete them, reboot and begin again:

"Install*Google*Account Manager and login
    Install Blackberry*Google*ID and checkin
    Install*Google*Play Sevices (wait 5 minutes after you installed and let the app settle)
    Patch*Google*Maps*with Play Services Patcher
    Remove any unpatched version of*Google*Maps*from your device (if existent)
    Install patched*Google*Maps"

Quote is directly from the first post of Cobalt's thread.
    03-23-16 05:05 PM
    I downloaded a patch version in this forum area and it works perfectly now! I didn't know you HAD to patch for it to work. I thought it was just for advanced features.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 08:53 PM
    Semime-thanks for the recap; I too encountered the Google Maps blackscreen and was able to remedy with that tip.

Posted via CB10
    semime likes this.
    03-25-16 09:25 PM
    I am getting a black screen on all of the google apps unless I restart the phone. But after one-use then a black screen again. I believe Im running the latest software (https://mega.nz/#F!lIUWjSSQ!yoLoiNX3PNG3Sef1Fa_fMA).

Any remedies?

[Update: Wiped my phone, reinstalled OS, re-downloaded all of cobalt's updated google play services apps, Re-installed only the patch versions of the few apps that I need. Everything is working fine so far. I believe because I had two app versions in downloads (patched and regular) was an issue and/or one or more patched apps were corrupted and caused the issues "com.android.systemapps isnt responding".]
    Last edited by Eric Lamar; 12-29-16 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Solved
    12-28-16 03:20 PM