Z-10
    STL100-4
    Verizon US

So I downloaded and installed the Google Calendar app from Snap.

I have Google Calendars set up in my Google account. They appear in my BlackBerry Calendar. I can turn them on/off, modify/add events.... everything works fine there. But for some reason I cannot Sync, Add or even see any of my calendars in the Google Calendar App. Is this a known issue, or am I missing something?

Here's what I have going on:

I open the app from the home screen
    Google Calendar App-img_20150717_092251.jpg

As you can see at the top it says: "Nothing Planned". There are no events listed in this calendar whatsoever
    Google Calendar App-img_20150717_092304.png

So naturally I tap the menu icon to go into settings
    Google Calendar App-img_20150717_092304a.png

I tap "Settings"
    Google Calendar App-img_20150717_092315.png

I tap "Google Calendar Settings"
    Google Calendar App-img_20150717_092322.png

Then from there I tap "Events from Gmail" ("General" settings are just typical "start of the week", "time zone"... etc)
    Google Calendar App-img_20150717_104025.png

And I get this screen. On this screen there are no events/calendars listed and no more functions that I can use/access besides the three dots in the upper right. Which is access to the "Help/Feedback" function which isn't really any help to me
    Google Calendar App-img_20150717_092341.png

So I go back out to the main calendar view and tap the "Red Plus" button to try to add a new event
    Google Calendar App-img_20150717_092304b.png

I get this screen, with none of the functions being clickable except for the "X" I also get the same screen if I tap on a specific date from the calendar view and tap "Tap to create" (as seen in the above picture)
    Google Calendar App-img_20150717_092356.png

Has anyone else had the same issue with the Google Calendar App?
    It seems like it just won't sync.
    I have tried deleting the associated Google account from my BlackBerry "Settings" and then adding it back, I still get the same results.
    I have also tried deleting the Google Calendar App and reinstalling... same results.
    Last edited by DickStarrbuck; 07-17-15 at 12:35 PM.
    07-17-15 11:53 AM
    why do you need the google calendar app when all the google calendars show in the blackberry native app? It's that counter productive??
    07-17-15 01:01 PM
    why do you need the google calendar app when all the google calendars show in the blackberry native app? It's that counter productive??
    Thanks for the reply but my question wasn't about what I need or about productivity. I'm asking about the app itself in regard to the issues I am having.

I've been using the native BB calendar for years, I don't have any major complaints about it. I just wanted to try something new.
    In my Google account I have quite a few calendars set up, they are very integral to my work day. I wanted to try the Google Calendar app so I could make my own comparison and decide for myself weather or not I would like to switch.
    czechberry likes this.
    07-17-15 01:37 PM
    Google Drive on BlackBerry?
    Please share us how it's work(open) on BlackBerry!

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 03:48 PM
    Google Drive on BlackBerry?
    Please share us how it's work(open) on BlackBerry!

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Ha! I wish. I tried it in 10.2, didn't work then, still doesn't work in 10.3
    In searching for more answers on the OP though, I found a way to get the Google Play store on BB10 HERE
    Hopefully that will solve both the Calendar & Drive issues. I'll post my findings here.

CrackBerry Community: Please still continue to reply if you have tried the Google Calendar app and weather or not you're having the same/any problems.
    07-17-15 04:22 PM
    Ha! I wish. I tried it in 10.2, didn't work then, still doesn't work in 10.3
    In searching for more answers on the OP though, I found a way to get the Google Play store on BB10 HERE
    Hopefully that will solve both the Calendar & Drive issues. I'll post my findings here.

CrackBerry Community: Please still continue to reply if you have tried the Google Calendar app and weather or not you're having the same/any problems.
    Just read my thread about Google apps and follow the instructions there. Most Google apps will then work.
    07-18-15 11:21 AM
    Thanks!

But:
    1. Google+ do not open, error: without Google Play Services this app will not work, after download anotehr error message...
    2. Google Drive idem Google+
    3. Google Photo idem Google Drive

and so on...

If will be an pay app who do what do Dropbox, Box, OneDrive I will buy, until then old method sync via cable or WI-Fi.

Have a nice evening!
    07-18-15 03:56 PM
    Google drive works fine. Also google plus works fine.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 04:12 PM
    Google drive works fine. Also google plus works fine.

Posted via CB10
    How did you install on OS 10 and work?
    07-18-15 04:23 PM
    Any update on the Google calendar working for you OP?
    09-21-15 09:57 PM
    Unfortunately, no. I've been trying all morning to get it to work, I still keep getting the "You Need Google Play Services" for the calendar. Google Maps just plain out crashes every time I try to open the app.
    11-24-15 12:15 PM
    Take Cobalt's advice, go to his threads (there is more than one), follow the instructions in the first post of those threads. You will find success. G", Drive, Google Calendar and other Google centric apps work just fine using Cobalt's method.
    If you don't want to go through the process then you are on your own.
    11-24-15 12:25 PM
    I have followed all of his steps.
    Started HERE
    Calendar = "You Need Google Play Services"
    I then went to blackberry file management, searched: "apk", deleted all of my Google related apk files, started fresh by downloading them from the google play store obtained from Cobalt's methods in the above link.
    I then used the Cobalt's Lucky Patch (found HERE) to create the patched apk files, installed them, opened them, still getting: "You Need Google Play Services"

I did however get Google maps to 'half-***' work.... when I run the un-patched google map apk it opens, shows my location but the map is blank. I have search options and functions that work but the map itself is just my blue dot on a blank manila canvas.

I'm still trying though. I have now downloaded the Play Services Patcher (found HERE) for my windows PC. I'm going to see if creating a patched Google Calendar apk works any better using that.

I'll post my results.

EDIT: I am now constantly getting repeating BB notifications that Google Maps will not work without Google Play Services
    11-24-15 12:42 PM
    I have followed all of his steps.
    Started HERE
    Calendar = "You Need Google Play Services"
    I then went to blackberry file management, searched: "apk", deleted all of my Google related apk files, started fresh by downloading them from the google play store obtained from Cobalt's methods in the above link.
    I then used the Cobalt's Lucky Patch (found HERE) to create the patched apk files, installed them, opened them, still getting: "You Need Google Play Services"

I did however get Google maps to 'half-***' work.... when I run the un-patched google map apk it opens, shows my location but the map is blank. I have search options and functions that work but the map itself is just my blue dot on a blank manila canvas.

I'm still trying though. I have now downloaded the Play Services Patcher (found HERE) for my windows PC. I'm going to see if creating a patched Google Calendar apk works any better using that.

I'll post my results.

EDIT: I am now constantly getting repeating BB notifications that Google Maps will not work without Google Play Services
    It is well known that Lucky Patcher is NOT the patcher of choice and it doesn't patch most of the apps requiring Play Services . Cobalt's Play Services Patcher (formerly known as Gmaps Patcher) is the best. I've even deleted LP off my Passport.

If you are seeing that message then you should delete all of Cobalt's apps, reboot phone and start over, following all instructions to the letter. Make sure you include the Whitelist app (follow the instructions).
    I have Calendar, Music, G+, Chrome, Drive, and a few more (Hulu and Netflix...) working just fine.
    Make sure you running the proper BB10 version.
    11-24-15 01:48 PM
    So Google Maps is now working fine, the map is no longer blank. I didn't do anything, I just opened it again and it was working properly. I assume it just needed a lot of time to load the map? : /

As for Google Calendar: So I used Cobalt's Play Services Patcher on my PC and reinstalled the patched Google calendar apk. I can now open the calendar but my Google account will not sync. As you can see in the attached pic, I have it set to add events from Google but my Google calendar events (from my online account) are not showing up.

I don't see a "sync" function. Am I missing something somewhere?

On another note, I downloaded the Facebook app from the Google Play Store, installed it and tried to log on. I entered my email and password, tapped log in, got the little spinning wheel for a minute and then it kicked it back to the log on page where it shows my email and password already entered.

I've searched the forums for Play Store Facebook issues but didn't see anything. Has anyone else had issues with logging in to the Play Store Facebook app??

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 07:46 PM
    Oh and I still get repeated notifications in BlackBerry Hub saying that Google Maps needs Google Play Services to work. I really wish this would stop.

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Google Calendar App-img_20151125_193758.png  
    11-25-15 08:16 PM
    So Google Maps is now working fine, the map is no longer blank. I didn't do anything, I just opened it again and it was working properly. I assume it just needed a lot of time to load the map? : /

As for Google Calendar: So I used Cobalt's Play Services Patcher on my PC and reinstalled the patched Google calendar apk. I can now open the calendar but my Google account will not sync. As you can see in the attached pic, I have it set to add events from Google but my Google calendar events (from my online account) are not showing up.

I don't see a "sync" function. Am I missing something somewhere?

On another note, I downloaded the Facebook app from the Google Play Store, installed it and tried to log on. I entered my email and password, tapped log in, got the little spinning wheel for a minute and then it kicked it back to the log on page where it shows my email and password already entered.

I've searched the forums for Play Store Facebook issues but didn't see anything. Has anyone else had issues with logging in to the Play Store Facebook app??

Posted via CB10
    There are a lot of posts about issues with Facebook app. I use the FB website on the BB browser.
    11-26-15 06:24 AM