Hi everyone!
    I have the newest Garmin Connect Android app installed and working, except it needs Google Play to view some activities but I don't care about that, the stuff I want works. My question is, has anyone been able to connect the Vivofit by Bluetooth to a Z30 (or any BB 10 phone) to sync with GC? It needs Bluetooth 4, which I thought my Z30 had. It initially says it is connected in green but then it pops up saying connection unsuccessful. It's like the unit knows it's not really an Android phone. Wondering if there is a way to fix it.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 07:12 AM
    Have you tried installing the app via the Amazon App Store? I know this sounds like strange advice but sometimes installing apps this way allows them to see your device better as an android device and makes them work better sometimes. SOMETIMES!
    ultra07 likes this.
    05-04-14 04:55 PM
    I installed it using 1Mobile. I also have the Amazon app store but it wasn't available on there. Is there something else I should try?

Garmin says your smartphone needs to support Bluetooth Smart technology. Does my Z30 have that?

The Garmin Connect app works fine, it's just the bluetooth connection that isn't working. If I sync to my Mac all the info is available on the app. I just want to skip the computer to sync.

Thanks for your help

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 08:17 PM
    I agree any help will be appreciated!! I'm sorry for jumping in but what's the point of opening so many threads for the same thing.

I would like to get a Vivofit and would like to know if anyone has been successful syncing with BB10 prior to purchasing one.

Again I'm sorry for thread jacking!
    05-19-14 09:13 AM
    Some apps just won't work, and this might just be one of those apps. One thing you could try is to find another version of the app, sometimes earlier builds will work. For example the very latest version of BBC iplayer does not work, but the version just before it does work and you can still found it out there if you google around.
    05-19-14 08:43 PM
    It doesn't work because the android runtime on bb10 doesn't use blue tooth 4.0. The runtime on 10.3 is supposed to support this, so in the future you may be in luck.
    05-25-14 12:59 PM
    I figured it must be a bluetooth problem and not and app problem. Good to know it may work with 10.3. Thanks!

Kidkamel, the app works fine, it's the bluetooth connection that does not. The only thing I can't do with the app is to open up specific activities. It says that Google Play Services is required for that. And of course you can't sync directly to the phone, but it's easy to sync once a day to a computer and then you'll be able to see all your data on the app.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 03:46 PM
    I figured it must be a bluetooth problem and not and app problem. Good to know it may work with 10.3. Thanks!

Kidkamel, the app works fine, it's the bluetooth connection that does not. The only thing I can't do with the app is to open up specific activities. It says that Google Play Services is required for that. And of course you can't sync directly to the phone, but it's easy to sync once a day to a computer and then you'll be able to see all your data on the app.

Posted via CB10
    I ended up getting the FitBit Flex. It works well except the syncing. Which is fine as I have no time to check it until I get home

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 06:44 PM
    I have it on my z30,, everything is working flaulessly but the notifications, phone, text ect,, the rest is fine,,, volume, songs, app, steps, tracking, ect,,,
    also links nice with myfitnesspal

I am z30 103.3.1.1368
    01-08-15 02:53 PM
    I had Garmin Connect installed on my Z10 with OS 10.3. No problem paring the wrist band over Bluetooth and in fact it worked rather well. As stated earlier, I was unable to view/review activities as the Google Playstore error kept popping up.

I uninstalled Garmin Connect mainly because for some reason some part of the program was running in the background and every time I would restart my Z10, it would intrude with a blank window. It was almost like an autoexecute thing. I have no clue why this was and it started becoming a real nuisance. In the end, I am on my laptop enough that I can update almost daily and annotate my time during walks or at the gym I edit more conveniently on the large keyboard.

Doug
    08-06-15 03:35 PM
    I have a Z30 running 10.3.2.2474. I cannot seem to use this app as when I try to open it, I am told to install the latest version. I tried to install 2.14 which I think is the most recent version. When I try to update I just get stuck on a screen that shows appworld_market://details?id= at the top and does not move. Has anyone else experienced this?
    01-08-16 04:11 PM
    Anyone has any success with the Garmin connect?

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 06:18 PM
    I'm having success!

Not sure how or why, but everything except text message notification is working.

I have a Fenix 3 HR, using the latest OS on my Z30.

I attempted to pair using bluetooth (no Connect app yet). I got to entering the passcode and then got the error saying I need use an app for the device (Connect).

I then opened Connect (unpatched from play store) and completed the pairing.

I then installed the final beta of "wearable companion" and "Notification Delegator" from github and opened them both.

From there I used the Amazon store (looking for something not dependent on Play Services) to download and install "TypeApp" for email. I added my gmail and outlook.com accounts. It won't let me use push on gmail - dependent on play services - but fine on outlook.com. After about a day, everything seems to be working. Gmail delayed due to polling, but I'm getting all email, calendar reminders, phone calls, etc.

Somewhere in between I paired it to a Lollipop tablet to make sure all would work. That may have triggered something.
    05-10-16 05:19 PM
    Yah! It happens with most of people. Because the interrupt occurs in connection b/w both devices. To fix this issue delete the gamin connect app from your phone and switch off your phone. Switch on it back. Now install Garmin connect app again and perform all usual steps that you use for connectivity. Hope this would work. If not, see Garmin Vivofit Manual for troubleshooting connection errors.
    01-19-17 06:46 AM