If you want to make free phone calls or texts in Canada or the US, over wifi or a data plan, I found this app on the Google Play Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...meinc.freetone

To work the app needs to be patched using Cobalts Android Patcher. (refer to other posts on this site to find out how to do this).

The patched version works on my Z30. I have a data only plan on my phone so have I have been reviewing a few alternative VOIP services. (so far I like Fongo the best)

The only issue I have had so far was in the sign up process....I initially tried to sign up using my google account and it hung. I then created a new account using the option shown on the sign in screen. Once signed in you can select a number based on your Canadian or US area code.

Voice quality is clear, with a bit of latency when talking between parties. ...but hey, it's free...well almost. An ad banner can be removed, that costs $2.59 per month.
    06-22-16 02:21 PM
    Moved to APK forums.
    06-22-16 06:43 PM
    Fongo is a good option too. (available in BBW.) No patching required but good to have options!

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 07:01 PM