I came across some problems installing Ellen DeGeneres game Heads Up! It is not available on Snap for some reason and I cannot download it directly from Google play since I don't own any Android device. Also I am from Germany and there seems to be some difficulty because of that as well. I know found an app that appears to offer a solution, but I hesitate to use it because I don't know if it will work with a BlackBerry. The app is called Market Helper and is available under this Link Market Helper – spoof your Android device to download incompatible apps from the Android Market. Did anybody who is more of a techy than myself already try it or can tell me if it is worth a shot? Thanks a lot in advance!

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 07:57 AM
    "Supports: Android 2.2+ devices with Android Market / Google Play Store + Google Services Framework installed" - unfortunately, we don't have those on our BB10 devices.

So no, I don't believe the "Market Helper" app can work on a BB10 device.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake
    02-13-14 08:04 AM
    Heads up! Comes when I search snap

But its paid app you cant buy/download through snap

You have to buy it from google play, use your PC web browser then download from snap
    Thats what I do all the time

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku likes this.
    02-13-14 08:06 AM
    Well, yes and no. You can't buy from Google Play unless you have a registered Android device attached to your Google acccount. I used to have a Google Nexus phone (along with my Z10) so that was listed as my "primary" phone. I could purchase apps, then install by download the APK or through Snap.

I got rid of the Nexus and it eventually fell off my Google account. Now when I try to buy an app on Play or Snap, I can't. I get Phone not Compatible.

I even tried to run BlueStacks Android emulator from my PC but could not purchase an app.

At least, that's been my experience.
    02-13-14 08:51 AM
    Hmmm I didnt know that

I had htc one prior to q10 so maybe thats the reason I can buy apps from google play store

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 08:56 AM
    Exactly. Ok, so I got to beg a friend if mine to let me register a device on my account... thanks anyway!

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 09:29 AM
    Asking a friend was exactly what I was going to suggest

good luck.

And don't forget to thank the SNAP developer. He's doing a great job, in my opinion, and I don't think he's getting enough credit. If Google Play provided the opportunity, he would build in the ability to purchase apps, but he can't. He's created a great app but I see a lot of "we want more!" comments. His CB handle is "jamespaulmuir"
    02-13-14 10:06 AM
    On Google Play Store, my phone is listed there has 3 BlackBerry Q10.

Posted via Mellor's Q10
    damien kupuku likes this.
    02-13-14 12:37 PM
    Yes, the SNAP app will assign your device an ID number and will identify your phone. But you still can't install an app that is not free.
    I'm not sure if you post was a question or just an observation.
    02-19-14 10:11 AM
    On my pc my phone show up as rogers blackberry Z10, when I download am app it says comparable and install soon. To install I open snap> my apps>Available frm there I can install my apps

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 02:06 PM
    Try purchase through Google Chrome and install in snap

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 02:13 PM
    Try purchase through Google Chrome and install in snap

Posted via CB10
    I don't think that works. Snap cannot verify you've bought it.
    02-19-14 03:25 PM
    I had installed an OBD2 app called Torque through Snap but I wanted the paid for pro version. I went to my pc and went to the Torque website where the pro version download was offered. I clicked on the download which took me to the Google Play site and proceeded to pay for it. I then went back to Snap on my Z10 and requested to purchase the pro Torque app and it downloaded immediately!

Z10 STL 100-3. OS 10.2.1.2141
    02-19-14 03:38 PM
    I had installed an OBD2 app called Torque through Snap but I wanted the paid for pro version. I went to my pc and went to the Torque website where the pro version download was offered. I clicked on the download which took me to the Google Play site and proceeded to pay for it. I then went back to Snap on my Z10 and requested to purchase the pro Torque app and it downloaded immediately!

I stand corrected.
    I thought i read in a different thread that it didn't work.
    I do know for sure that you can not update via snap a paid app from a different source, even though the update will show.
    02-19-14 03:49 PM
    If you go into snap My Apps you can re-download all your apps paid or free, if there's an update re-download the latest app on u'r pc then go back into snap and DL

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 06:58 PM
    I don't think that works. Snap cannot verify you've bought it.
    Absolutely it works. I have many paid apps downloaded through Snap. Buy it online first, then fire up Snap. Easy.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 07:10 PM
    Why would you want to waste storage space on an Ellen app? That's the real question....

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 07:32 PM
    I had an easy time purchasing and installing but I have a particular app that causes an error (google play licence check reported that you haven't purchased..." Has anyone else experienced this and is there a workaround?

03-02-14 07:44 AM