There is a real need for people to EASILY get ported Android applications that they can install just like those from BB World. I would certainly pay for some of those that I want and among the 4 million or so OS10 users, there must be at least a few thousand others who want the same applications. I am talking about things like banking, stock brokers, airlines, hotel, newspaper and other practical applications that are typically written by the companies offering the service as a convenience to their customers.

I would easily pay $5 or $10 for the ones I want. I would expect that they would have been tested and that they would be updated just like those on BB World. I would also expect that I would not have to use the sideload process and go into developer mode with tokens etc. That is really for developers not ordinary users like myself.

Identifying and filling an unmet need is what makes companies and young entrepreneurs rich. That is how BB got started as well as Facebook, eBay and many others. Until and unless BB does this, there is a population of people like me who are locked into a contract with an OS10 device and need applications that are not available. I actually like my Z10, particularly with the 10.2.0.1791 on it.

Part of this offering would probably including the stable leaked OS versions that carriers seem to ignore but which make so much difference in the capability of the devices. Also, if some application is needed to keep these Android ports from running the battery down, then that should be available too.

Again, if Blackberry now or the owners whoever they will be do not see this need, please somebody jump in there and do it.

I have found some ported versions of what I want but they tend to be old and outdated Android versions.
    Benjamin Simoens likes this.
    11-03-13 08:36 AM
    Why pay when you can:
    1. Convert yourself
    2. Ask someone to convert whatever files you need. We have many threads open already for that exact thing
    3. Visit one of the sites such as BB10 Bars - Apps for BlackBerry or New Apps – Playbook and BB10

If you absolutely want to pay for something you can already get for free, then I'm pretty sure there's a donation button on at least one of the sites I provided above.
    11-03-13 09:09 AM
    Why pay when you can:
    1. Convert yourself
    2. Ask someone to convert whatever files you need. We have many threads open already for that exact thing
    3. Visit one of the sites such as BB10 Bars - Apps for BlackBerry or New Apps – Playbook and BB10

If you absolutely want to pay for something you can already get for free, then I'm pretty sure there's a donation button on at least one of the sites I provided above.
    Wow. You don't get it. Sadly neither does BlackBerry management, that is why the company is failing.
    bbq10l likes this.
    11-04-13 06:08 AM
    So you're suggesting that someone start a site filled with pirated copies of other people's intellectual property?

It exisits.

It's called pirate bay
    11-04-13 06:31 AM
    So you're suggesting that someone start a site filled with pirated copies of other people's intellectual property?

It exisits.

It's called pirate bay
    No I am not saying that. What I am saying is that there is large need to have Android application converted on request and updated with source updates. All of the ones I am talking about are free in the first place - not ones sold. Things like, Banks, Stockbrokers, department stores, airlines, hotels etc. Things that people want are are free to owners of Android phones and were for old OS 7 and earlier Blackberry but not OS10.

Business deals can be cut with the owners of these apps too. It is just that Blackberry has not done it and those us with their phones are stuck unless we mess around with the developer methods. Many of us don't really want to do that and should not have to just because we bought a Blackberry.
    11-12-13 06:05 PM
    No I am not saying that. What I am saying is that there is large need to have Android application converted on request and updated with source updates. All of the ones I am talking about are free in the first place - not ones sold. Things like, Banks, Stockbrokers, department stores, airlines, hotels etc. Things that people want are are free to owners of Android phones and were for old OS 7 and earlier Blackberry but not OS10.

Business deals can be cut with the owners of these apps too. It is just that Blackberry has not done it and those us with their phones are stuck unless we mess around with the developer methods. Many of us don't really want to do that and should not have to just because we bought a Blackberry.
    You are absolutely correct but don't expect anything on these forums but smart*** remarks. And no- they do not "get it.". They seem to think it is perfectly normal to pay premium prices for a phone then have to find and download unofficial OS and then sideload apps to get what they want and need on their phone. Then they get rightous about "pirating" when they are doing the same thing by sideloading. Then they accept apps that may or may not work at full capacity, but hey- that is ok as long as you have a BlackBerry. This type of thinking is why BlackBerry failed and will continue to fail. Your question was perfectly valid, and I agree with you as do many other people I know. They-like me- have already dumped their BlackBerry or will as soon as their contract ends.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 08:11 PM