Being a person who is always concerned about my own security, I had been hesitant in buying any more any new Blackberry phone. To me the very word "sideloading" sounds something dodgy.

Unfortunately for BlackBerry users, the company that makes these phones we buy many times just for the love of what we got used to, or by using we loved the experience, seems to be hard pressed between security and business (and therefore money interests).

Just by sideloading we open up out BlackBeerry to a number of threats. It is really easy to write a virus for Android and even easier to put our own personal information at disposal of prying eyes.

I as a BlackBerry 10 user I am forced to sideload Android apps. There are many reasons that force me to sideload, one of them being the unavailability of Native app.

BlackBerry should not continue to live eternally in its own logic of business interests without thinking of users like me. Sideloading must be supported by Blackberry itself or Android support removed altogether.

I am tired of behaving as a thief that needs an app and therefore without any permission of the owner of app, installs the app in BlackBerry 10. This BlackBerry's bad joke must end for sake of BlackBerry's own future. As a part-time developer I may loose the fun of developing apps that work on Android and BlackBerry 10 but I and I think lots of BlackBerry 10 users too, but I am ready to compromise for sake of security.

The culture that BlackBerry stands for security of users is a bad joke since BlackBerry allowed sideloading. The least service that BlackBerry can do is to redefine what is security and put a bit of grey matter into it: allow sideloading but with own Native Google Market or remove Android support for good. Blackberry cannot be fish and meat at the same time!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Tayeb786; 06-15-14 at 03:53 AM.
    06-15-14 03:34 AM
    Meanwhile, as BlackBerry "decides" and we wait eternally, here are some basic tips from an anti-virus maker (I have no connection to the anti-virus maker nor am I user of any of their products):

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=EHIF3Zu6

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 04:03 AM
    Not gonna fly. BlackBerry will go from having "limited selection" of apps to having no apps at all. Android users aren't losing thousand of dollars to thieves or bricking their phones by the masses so this "security" concern is way overblown and tinfoil material. Side loading has always been about doing your own diligence. Don't download an app you don't trust. This goes for anything - BlackBerry or Android. If you look in BlackBerry World there are a ton of apps inside that I would never trust my money to - even $2 - since they're third party "app for" garbage.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    06-16-14 10:39 AM
    Fully agree with your thinking. No solution

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 03:33 PM
    The survival of BlackBerry depends on Apps. The whole smartphone world depends on apps. You need apps to make a smartphone. Simple as that.

If BlackBerry was to limit the android app compatibility, it be a long slide. TBH I am on BB10 for the experience, but for the apps to. If the runtime was to be abolished, id switch to android all together.

BlackBerry obviously has to find a way to cater your needs, the security end of it. I'm sure they will figure it out though

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 04:22 PM
    I as a BlackBerry 10 user I am forced to sideload Android apps. There are many reasons that force me to sideload, one of them being the unavailability of Native app.

Posted via CB10
    Incorrect.

No one has forced you to do anything.
    06-20-14 12:31 PM
    You are right.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 11:12 AM