Everyone should download more often from the Amazon app store. The new pre-installed Amazon store is much faster than the Amazon App Store. Used it! To add on there a lot of nice apps on the Amazon store such as Spotify, DeviantArt, ES File Explorer, Candy Crush, Cut the Rope and more. We have the store preloaded and we should utilize it.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 02:06 AM
    some folks don't care for android apps as they run constantly and drain the battery and eat memory.
    07-24-15 05:31 AM
    Everyone should download more often from the Amazon app store. The new pre-installed Amazon store is much faster than the Amazon App Store. Used it! To add on there a lot of nice apps on the Amazon store such as Spotify, DeviantArt, ES File Explorer, Candy Crush, Cut the Rope and more. We have the store preloaded and we should utilize it.

Posted via CB10
    Amazon apps are not updated as much as Google Play store

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 06:13 AM
    some folks don't care for android apps as they run constantly and drain the battery and eat memory.
    I have many Android apps on my Passport, apps that can't be found or substituted on B.World. My phone's battery lasts as long as it did without those apps, and memory is just fine. I haven't seen a single negative impact.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    07-24-15 06:20 AM
    I have many Android apps on my Passport, apps that can't be found or substituted on B.World. My phone's battery lasts as long as it did without those apps, and memory is just fine. I haven't seen a single negative impact.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    It depends on which apps but I'd say you are in the minority. These threads are filled with people complaining about battery life

Posted with my  Classic
    07-24-15 12:10 PM
    Android apps do drink a little more than a native BB app. I am not knocking it, just being realistic. I am happy we have the option to do so and I have downloaded apps from Amazon AppStore; but, I do prefer google playstore as they get the updates a lot faster than Amazon's app store.
    07-24-15 12:16 PM
    It depends on which apps but I'd say you are in the minority. These threads are filled with people complaining about battery life

Posted with my  Classic
    I doubt that any universal conclusion can be drawn just on the basis of the number of complainers on this forum. People don't tend to post if they don't have any issues, and those might be the majority of BB users who use Android apps. The only true method to establish numbers would be to poll every single BB user who runs apps. I would go with" there are some who have battery drain and those who do not".
    That being written the only observation that is relevant to you are the issues you are having.
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 07-25-15 at 02:30 PM.
    RotaxPower likes this.
    07-24-15 01:33 PM
    That is true. Do you know reason for that being?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 03:28 PM
    I have not noticed any battery drain from using Android apps personally.

Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2168
    07-25-15 12:03 AM