Hi!

I would like to know if I can use the NFC chip on my Z30 with an android app?

I have around 30 NFC tags at my condo to do all kinds of stuff with my home automation system.

I try a lot of different app, but no one work.

If I can't acess it, I will just forget about it instead.

Thanks!
    11-02-13 06:49 PM
    I'm trying to answer that question myself.

What Android apps do you use to read/write NFC tags?
    11-02-13 07:00 PM
    I use a small nfc usb writer/programmer on my pc to write to the NFC tags.

Exemple, when I go to bed, I pass my old android device to the NFC tags on the table next to it, so it's trigger somes actions. Like, the light dim for 5 minutes then close, my surround Sonos speakers start a relaxing music, close every other light in the condo, lock the door, etc.

Would like to do it with my z30 instead with a app like Tasker on android.
    00stryder and Dealz417 like this.
    11-02-13 11:14 PM
    I use a small nfc usb writer/programmer on my pc to write to the NFC tags.

Exemple, when I go to bed, I pass my old android device to the NFC tags on the table next to it, so it's trigger somes actions. Like, the light dim for 5 minutes then close, my surround Sonos speakers start a relaxing music, close every other light in the condo, lock the door, etc.

Would like to do it with my z30 instead with a app like Tasker on android.
    The Z30 can write it's own tags and it supports such actions, all NFC-enabled BB10 do. I just can't confirm if the actions like "dim the screen" and "turn bluetooth off" are universal and the same tag will work for both Android and BlackBerry10.

But the Z30 can do it alright, you won't even need the PC to write the tags.

Still, if you know of an android app to write tags, please let me know!
    11-03-13 12:42 AM
    It's not really a solution, but with my home automation, I can start "scene" with an url. So, for tag inside the condo, I update the text in the NFC tag to the url of the scene. That way, the Z30 start the link in the broswer and the systeme do the scene and answer back with a blank page with "Job done id: xx"

But still searching for a solution for outside tag like near the door lock...
    11-06-13 06:22 PM
    What you've done with your condo is AMAZING. That sounds beyond awesome. While BB10 devices on OS 10.2 have an updated Smart Tags app (should already be on your device but if not, you should find it in BlackBerry World), I'm not sure it can achieve the level of functionality you need. Other options include ShortcutMe and MyProfilesPro, made by a dev who was very active in these forums before leaving the platform. I've never tried to use any of these apps in this fashion though so I'm not sure.

If you're looking for compatible NFC tags to use on your Z30, the Mifare Ultralight C works, I have them), and they sell for roughly US$10-14 for a pack of 10 and are eligible for free super saver shipping.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 06:28 PM