Accidentally hit post before I had written anything, including the thread question!

What I was trying to ask is whether anyone knows what privacy tools or measures the Copperhead OS gives users? I'm less concerned about someone hacking my phone than I am with google and every app writer wanting to access every possible area of the device for data mining purposes. The Nexus phones are far too expensive for experimenting with on my budget, so I'm Sticking with BlackBerry 10 for as long as I can.

But sooner or later the browsers will be unable to view enough of the Web to be practical. I already get many sites that refuse to accept the various browsers I have, and many more the opposite is true - the browser refuses to allow the site since we no longer get updates for compatibility. Thus the inquiry into Copperhead.

So I'd value any useful input that I can get, with thanks!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    Last edited by scubafan; 07-18-18 at 06:18 AM.
    07-18-18 06:07 AM
    Accidentally hit post before I had written anything, including the thread question!

What I was trying to ask is whether anyone knows what privacy tools or measures the Copperhead OS gives users? I'm less concerned about someone hacking my phone than I am with google and every app writer wanting to access every possible area of the device for data mining purposes. The Nexus phones are far too expensive for experimenting with on my budget, so I'm Sticking with BlackBerry 10 for as long as I can.

But sooner or later the browsers will be unable to view enough of the Web to be practical. I already get many sites that refuse to accept the various browsers I have, and many more the opposite is true - the browser refuses to allow the site since we no longer get updates for compatibility. Thus the inquiry into Copperhead.

So I'd value any useful input that I can get, with thanks!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    Copperhead OS supposedly had some kind of implosion between it's partners and could be the opposite from what you’re looking for. It sounds like the partner who left was the developer.
    07-18-18 06:39 AM