The world is changing and so is the way of instant messaging. The app Snapchat which I personally find useless and was once known as*naughty*messenger gets outrageously famous in India. So here�s to you snapchatters! Here�s how you can have it*on your BlackBerry 10 smartphones. Yes! It�s an android app and has some hurdles to install. Thanks to the developers who are eagerly stopping BlackBerry to get on board but here�s how you can*hop in.*

Follow steps*carefully:
    • Download this old Snapchat version [v 8.1] from here
    • Install and run snapchat
    • Login or register � You always get pop-up of Google services so just click anywhere on screen and it disappears.
    • Once logged in, close the app.
      *Download the latest Snapchat version [v 9.3.1] from here (or use Snap).
    • Open the downloaded file and hit update. <br
    • Enjoy!

Remember, you can�t login from the latest version directly so the steps above should be followed to get it work perfectly.

And for BlackBerry Q10/Q5 & Passport users, make sure you change the layout to �Rectangular suitable for games� view for best Snapchat experience. This can be done by swiping down from top to bottom within the app and selecting �Size� option.
    Last edited by dhodo agger; 03-20-15 at 10:36 PM.
    sandouga likes this.
    03-20-15 09:03 AM
    Hey thanks for posting. I had already had snapchat installed before and have one or two issues.

First I should say I am using a Passport.

Snapchat was installed with the older version and then updated. Works. I can receive snaps and send videos but can't send pictures I just get a black screen. The problem is that the picture is 1-1 and distorted. When I swipe down from the top the only options are zoom in and zoom out. Neither of those work. Is there another way to get the aspect ratio corrected.

Also any way to fix the pictures?
    03-20-15 11:42 AM
    Your links don't work

Via CB10 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2582 
    03-20-15 01:22 PM
    https://mega.co.nz/#!XEhjCJjI!roeHvl...RuNzMiUesum8g8

Snapchat 8.1.2, the last known working version before it stopped working.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 01:51 PM
    Still have black camera.

-AP via BB10 yo
    03-20-15 07:27 PM
    Still have black camera.

-AP via BB10 yo
    here is a better way

Steps in order with links:
    1. download Download Snapchat 4.1.07 APK File (snapchat.apk) - APK4Fun

2. sign in (don't worry about the google services message just click off of it)

3. download https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/o47T7...opxejUCIxrvxER sign in with google account (i can't but others can, mine seems to work without signing in)

4. download https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/Tqmfc...dHyFtJeV_nE0dH register device, go to the 3 dots in the top right which goes into your android runtime make sure everything is on.

5. download https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/n2v3K...M0Lj84EqIMftDQ sign in to your google account ->go to my apps -> update snapchat

This process should take no more than 15min

I tried a bunch of lower versions of snapchat and I can't seem to get rid of that google play message when opening the app.
    03-22-15 02:44 PM
    -img_20150322_154707.png

Running the latest version and google play even tells when when there is an update

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 02:48 PM
    Ever since the recent upgrade yesterday..I've been unable to get past the google screen I removed and tried to sideload an older version to get past this like recommended but now all i get is an error message no matter what version i try to sideload which says "unable to install this app" I am able to install other apps however.

any ideas?
    03-26-15 07:41 AM
    How to download those files?? Sign up?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 05:34 PM
    here is a better way

Steps in order with links:
    1. download Download Snapchat 4.1.07 APK File (snapchat.apk) - APK4Fun

3. download https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/o47T7...opxejUCIxrvxER sign in with google account (i can't but others can, mine seems to work without signing in)

4. download https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/Tqmfc...dHyFtJeV_nE0dH register device, go to the 3 dots in the top right which goes into your android runtime make sure everything is on.

5. download https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/n2v3K...M0Lj84EqIMftDQ sign in to your google account ->go to my apps -> update snapchat

I tried a bunch of lower versions of snapchat and I can't seem to get rid of that google play message when opening the app.
    I tried these steps and I still can't use snapchat. Can't get passed the Google services part
    jiggawhat_23 likes this.
    03-27-15 07:16 PM
    I tried these steps and I still can't use snapchat. Can't get passed the Google services part
    This should answer every ones questions, all these steps might be annoying but ti's what us BB10 users will have to go through

alright guys the reason why it doesn't work now is because 9.4 is actively blocking BB10 devices. I have it working but i spent hours doing so and I like to tinker. Snapchat can tell you guys are using BlackBerry phones and they are trying to block you any way they can. They even resorted to, "BB10 phones using the snapchat apk are using a 3rd party app (even though you aren't) and will be blocked". If you ever get blocked just sign onto their website and then you should be unlocked.

anyways, here we go with the newest way as of now. It will probably change, I always try to stay on top of the latest solutions so bear with me.

1. download Tinder 3.2.1 APK for Android - Direct Download Link - APK Releases
    Download Snapchat 5.0.5 APK File (snapchat.apk) - APK4Fun
    Instagram old versions - Android

that is for the rest of the apps, apparently the last version of snapchat blocks bb10 so you will either need 8.01 Snapchat 8.0.1 APK for Android - Direct Download Link - APK Releases or my version 9.3 Snapchat 9.3.1.0 | Get Android APPs APK

The reason why i put the google play store in there is for auto updates of my other android apps. but i wouldn't do that for snapchat now because they are actively trying to block bb10

Step 1 is the most crucial step. If you can't sign in then you won't be able to get any farther. if you can't sign in with 4.1 then try this apk, 5.05 Snapchat 5.0.5 APK for Android - Direct Download Link - APK Releases.

if you can't sign in on 4.1.7, 5.0.5 or 8.1 then you need to update your OS/runtime if that doesn't work you need to do a autoloader of the latest 10.3.1 or 10.3.2.
    03-28-15 10:24 AM
    I should've been more specific but even when I an get passed the Google services part in older versions of the app. I still have a black camera to deal with. Lol I've never had this much difficulty with any app

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 11:28 AM
    I should've been more specific but even when I an get passed the Google services part in older versions of the app. I still have a black camera to deal with. Lol I've never had this much difficulty with any app

Posted via CB10
    like i said blackberry devices are being blocked by snapchat. If you try every thing i listed and still get black camera then i don't know how to fix your problem. Most likely if you do every single way i listed you will get it running
    03-28-15 12:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Which device are you using? If it's a square screen device, try running it in rectangular mode.
    03-29-15 02:11 AM
    hello, I cannot login in any old snapchat it say update to new version indeed.new version give another pop up of google services reply me soon
    04-25-15 11:02 PM
    I cant log in without using the newest version :/
    04-25-15 11:46 PM
    Wow! You know, if you guys really want to use Snapchat so much, you can always trade your BlackBerry in for an iPhone or Android phone. It's really just that easy. Why bother with all this rigamerol?

PaulJ
    04-27-15 06:39 PM
    Wow! You know, if you guys really want to use Snapchat so much, you can always trade your BlackBerry in for an iPhone or Android phone. It's really just that easy. Why bother with all this rigamerol?

PaulJ
    Maybe it's because they love Snapchat AND BlackBerry and they just went the best of both worlds. What's wrong with that ?

Posted via CB10 on my Stylish & Efficient Z10
    rjkolo likes this.
    04-27-15 06:45 PM

PaulJ
    Not everyone is bathing in extra cash that they can spend on an up-to-date Android or iPhone. They're expensive. Blackberry resale value is quite low (there's no demand for them, duh) a z10 is worth like $100, if that. So it really isn't as simple as trading your BlackBerry in.

Posted via CB10
    iUAE likes this.
    04-28-15 12:27 AM
    As many have stated this no longer works, the newest release of SnapChat requires the Google Play Service. Even if the app is patched it will fail at login. And you cannot trick it into logging in because the older version no longer lets you login, it tells you to update your app or device OS.
    05-04-15 11:52 AM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 11:57 AM
    Now everyone post about the app on crackberry just to be sure that it gets taken out...guys enjoy working casper and stoop posting about it

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 12:51 PM
    I cant get snapchat on my phone now that I upadated to 10.3.1.2744
    05-31-15 07:46 PM
    The Black camera goes away after a few minutes or by restarting the phone/app. Happens to me that the Android app won't start the app.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 09:59 PM
    Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 08:08 AM
28 12