I have been using inoreader ever since google reader went belly up, but now I found the latest version integrates too much useless function, not to mention it requires google services.
    Do you use any RSS reader client on your BB?
    06-14-15 01:00 AM
    I use RSS readers on a desktop for many years because I think it's one of the opportunities to handle multiple and totally different sources of information in a unique and consistent way. I spend a lot of time with that.

But I never tried using an RSS reader app on a phone. If you have multiple devices (I have a Windows machine, a Linux machine and the BB) you need a synchronization mechanism between them. A good RSS reader must provide an online database about your reading behaviour. And access to this database must be supported on every platform in the same way. This is something only online readers like FeedSpot can do (and there are not many).
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    06-14-15 01:21 AM
    I use a native app: RSS Hub. It works nicely and offers offline reading capabilities.
    Downsides: No sync services are supported (one can import/export OPML files, though), no headless support and it hasn't received any updates in months.
    There are a few alternatives in BlackBerry World, too, like gNewsReader, RSS Savvy etc.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    06-14-15 01:42 AM
    I use RSS readers on a desktop for many years because I think it's one of the opportunities to handle multiple and totally different sources of information in a unique and consistent way. I spend a lot of time with that.

But I never tried using an RSS reader app on a phone. If you have multiple devices (I have a Windows machine, a Linux machine and the BB) you need a synchronization mechanism between them. A good RSS reader must provide an online database about your reading behaviour. And access to this database must be supported on every platform in the same way. This is something only online readers like FeedSpot can do (and there are not many).
    Yes, that's very important that an app can sync among multiple platforms, this is why I am using a mobile client of a website/service. So think of it like google reader client, basically you can access the feeds on the website, with keyboard shortcuts (next/previous/mark unread/share/etc..) and the exact interface is translated to Android app (sadly no keyboard support, I will email the developer about this) so when I wake up, I can go through important updates through my RSS feeds via BB app, and the read/shared status of each article reflects on website, when I get to my office I can just continue reading where I left off.

I use inoreader Android app for this, it has been working extremely well, fast, reliable, until this latest update with google services silliness.
    I wonder, can I pull the old app from my Z30 and just install it on my Classic? That one did not need google services to run.

I use a native app: RSS Hub. It works nicely and offers offline reading capabilities.
    Downsides: No sync services are supported (one can import/export OPML files, though), no headless support and it hasn't received any updates in months.
    There are a few alternatives in BlackBerry World, too, like gNewsReader, RSS Savvy etc.
    That sounds like a nice app, but sadly it won't work if it requires to run in order to get updates with many feeds, it can bog down the device pretty quickly.
    06-14-15 09:44 AM
    Not anymore, before I moved to BlackBerry I used the RSS Feed reader on my own Browser, but since the BlackBerry Browser doesn't have one I never bothered
    06-14-15 09:52 AM
    When Google Reader went EOL, I migrated all my feeds to Feedly. After much searching, I found it closest to the G-Reader. Then, I experimented with a number of RSS readers for BB 10. I eventually settled on gNewsReader, which works almost perfectly with Feedly. The developer has been accepting feedback from users and integrating what he can. (http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rogram-767030/)
    06-14-15 10:21 AM
    When Google Reader went EOL, I migrated all my feeds to Feedly. After much searching, I found it closest to the G-Reader. Then, I experimented with a number of RSS readers for BB 10. I eventually settled on gNewsReader, which works almost perfectly with Feedly. The developer has been accepting feedback from users and integrating what he can. (http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rogram-767030/)
    I couldn't stand feedlys lack of view options and keyboard shortcuts, I guess they implemented those layer on. Did you check inoreader? That one was almost like clone of Google Reader, but now it's app is becoming too complicated and their website constantly bags for subscription for ad removal.

I'll take a look at that app. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sent from Z30 on Tapatalk
    06-14-15 12:14 PM
    Not anymore, before I moved to BlackBerry I used the RSS Feed reader on my own Browser, but since the BlackBerry Browser doesn't have one I never bothered
    I really can't imagine living without RSS reader. It saves me a lot of time I know many people switched to twitter instead which is just a glorified RSS broadcaster with limited info and just likes, but reading websites and articles and keeping track of things like deals or specific forum updates, nothing beats RSS. I also keep track of our corporate shipments, client database, even human resources updates, it's really an incredible tool.

Not to mention everything stays there searchable.

Sent from Z30 on Tapatalk
    06-14-15 12:16 PM