Has anyone been able to get the Deuchars app working on BB10? I've got a PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 and I have already installed Cobalts Google Play store as well as the patched Google Play services, BlackBerry Google ID and Google Account apps from Cobalts thread.

I tried downloading it from the Google Play Store and running it without any modifications and it opens to display a message stating that it needed Google Play Services to run. You can bypass this warning by tapping anywhere on the screen a few times and it will disappear. However, none of the buttons on the screen are responsive.

I then tried using Cobalts GMaps Patcher to remove the Google Play Servies dependency and after the patcher is done, it displays a message stating that it will only run with a patched version of com.google.android.gms.apk (which I believe is the Google Play Servies that Cobalt patched in his threead, though I could be wrong).

So I installed the patched Deuchars .apk and opened the app. It now starts differently then before, there is a now an animated opening that I don't remember seeing before. Now, after this opening it goes to a black screen and then a message stating that Deuchars has stopped working and then it closes.

I tried doing a reboot of my Passport, as I know sometimes this helps with getting Android apps to work, and it still does the Deuchars has stopped working and closes the app.

I am hoping that someone can help me get this app to work. I have also tried this on a Passport that doesn't have all of the Cobalt patched apps and just did a clean install from Snap and it didn't work either.

I will be travelling to London next month and would like to have this app working. There were a couple of pubs in Ontario that USED to carry Deuchars a few years ago but they both stopped. I would like to quench my Deuchars thirst while I'm across the pond lol

Thank you in advance for any and all help.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 10:33 PM
    you do understand that some android apps just do not work on a BB, right? Uninstall and reinstall the app. There is no magic bullet to make these patches work unfortunately.
    09-04-15 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD