I recently downloaded BlackBerry Google ID app to set up Google Play Store. I've done this a few times successfully but this time I couldn't register my device...
    Deleting android apps more effectively with BlackBerry Google ID app-img_20170520_045203.png

I tried a number of times then side loaded some apps from apks in my android tablet.file commander which are working flawlessly along with my BlackBerry World ones (WhatsApp and. Waat a fix for example)

I tried to register again earlier without success and was going to delete it but I first clicked on the menu button
    Deleting android apps more effectively with BlackBerry Google ID app-img_20170525_001300.png

This gave me access to Android Settings so I decided to have a nosey. It allowed me access to all apps and many other features. I didn't check everything however I was unable to change the keyboard and screen brightness off these settings. I had previously side loaded blackplayer and the paid blackplayer ex but was unable to open the blackplayer ex so I deleted them via my home screen (I'm using a z10 by the way) using the little trash can. They were still there when I clicked on apps in the android settings. So I moved one to the SD card and deleted the other one in these settings. On deleting I was thrown back to my he screen. As I'd side loaded them I was able to find the apk's in my file manager. I deleted them and went back in Android settings. They were still there BUT the one now in the SD card only had 8kb of memory. I moved the other one to the SD card and deleted them both. They're not in any settings now.
    Deleting android apps more effectively with BlackBerry Google ID app-img_20170525_003019.png
    Deleting android apps more effectively with BlackBerry Google ID app-img_20170524_235354.png

I could also access the app permissions (same as app ops).

NB if you are using BlackBerry Google ID To set up play store then u should only register your device with it and never use it but as I'm managing so far to side load apps that run quick and efficiently and reliable I'm going to use the Blackberry Google ID app as android settings.

I've had loads of help via threads on Crackberry but have never come across this before so I thought I would share with you lovely people.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-17 08:13 PM
    Delete bug is described and has a solution here (reboot after install):
    http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000037772
    05-24-17 09:30 PM
    Thank you that's most helpful. Can you help me with something else maybe? I side loaded blackplayer and it's paid full version blackplayer ex and have previously had it working fine. Now im getting this error message

Deleting android apps more effectively with BlackBerry Google ID app-img_20170525_061517.png

Any ideas my friend. Thanks in advance

Littlewing6was9
    05-25-17 12:33 AM
    Thank you that's most helpful. Can you help me with something else maybe? I side loaded blackplayer and it's paid full version blackplayer ex and have previously had it working fine. Now im getting this error message

Any ideas my friend. Thanks in advance

Littlewing6was9
    Try downloading the app through Cobalt's Google Play Store instead.
    05-25-17 08:02 AM
    I tried to register again earlier without success and was going to delete it but I first clicked on the menu button
    Posted via CB10
    Registering your device most likely did not work because you used the wrong version of Google Account Manager.

Install Google Account Manager 4.3.3 for the first login and then checkin your device.
    05-25-17 09:15 AM
    Thanks Conite. I haven't downloaded the runtime app yet. I've read some lousy reviews recently posted and as my android apps are working perfectly so far I don't want to be hasty piling more software that might conflict. Hi Cobalt you legend! I have installed your 4.3.3 account manager and set my account up then installed the 4.4.4.
    Deleting android apps more effectively with BlackBerry Google ID app-img_20170525_152700.png

The account is showing in my settings (third party). I'm 100% certain that I only regitstered/logged in once.

Com.google.android.gms-8.4.89-cobalt-build5.apk

Com.google.android.gsf.login-4.3.3-cobalt.apk

Com.google.android.gsf.login-4.4.4-cobalt.apk

Cobalt.blackberry.googleid-2.8.apk

Above are the apk's I used.

I'd love to get play store up n running smoothly so I can use apps I have paid for. Mainly music apps but there's always problems. I've read and read again the installation instructions and also found a link on your guide page so I used the guide from that this time. Now im thinking I've messed up. I want to use play store with services so I should have followed the guide in the main link.

Don't know what to do now. If I can successfully open blackplayer ex I will be happy. Peace out

Littlewing6was9
    Last edited by Feona Morrison; 05-25-17 at 10:42 AM.
    05-25-17 10:29 AM
    Thanks Conite. I haven't downloaded the runtime app yet
    It is nothing more than a patch for the undelete bug. It will not affect anything else, as it is otherwise identical.
    05-25-17 11:20 AM
    Will it enable me to fully delete apps then? Now I can access full android settings and have deleted some that way (delete via home screen then move to SD card and delete) I might just stick to that. The only android apps I have at the moment are WhatsApp and Candy Crush Jelly. I've bought social media apps from nemory on blackberry world. If I can get blackplayer ex open I'd be a happy bunny. I'd like my musixmatch on my BlackBerry too but it's always given me problems whether I previously side loaded it or got it from Cobalt play store. Love my BlackBerry I've used them for years but am considering trying out my sisters old iPhone 6 and having a tinker...shh don't tell anyone. Thanks for replying I do appreciate any advice u can give me. I will definitely download the runtime app if I decide to try play store and play services again. Peace out

Littlewing6was9
    05-25-17 02:59 PM
    Will it enable me to fully delete apps then? Now I can access full android settings and have deleted some that way (delete via home screen then move to SD card and delete) I might just stick to that. The only android apps I have at the moment are WhatsApp and Candy Crush Jelly. I've bought social media apps from nemory on blackberry world. If I can get blackplayer ex open I'd be a happy bunny. I'd like my musixmatch on my BlackBerry too but it's always given me problems whether I previously side loaded it or got it from Cobalt play store. Love my BlackBerry I've used them for years but am considering trying out my sisters old iPhone 6 and having a tinker...shh don't tell anyone. Thanks for replying I do appreciate any advice u can give me. I will definitely download the runtime app if I decide to try play store and play services again. Peace out

Littlewing6was9
    Yes, you will be able to delete by removing the icon. Just update it already. All it does is repair your broken Android Runtime.
    05-25-17 03:31 PM