As a committed Blackberry user for years I have to write just in case. The company is making a big turn around since you have been in charge. But there is a BUT! The same thing that killed Blackberry is the same thing that is going to stall the momentum you have worked so hard to get moving "APP AVAILABILITY". So much people have changed back to blackberry especially since the intro of passport and classic but it is a tiny tiny tiny amount.

So much are dieing for an excuse to come back also. It's easy for the market share to be dominated by Blackberry again. Just remember this one thing "APP AVAILABILITY ". Remember the young working class generation want the security and smoothness of blackberry OS but need to play ALSO.

So please MR CHEN, it's time to open up the OS a bit and blow samsung and iphone away. Way Away!

Thanks
    Islandblood
    Respec

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 02:02 PM
    So please MR CHEN, it's time to open up the OS a bit and blow samsung and iphone away. Way Away!
    How do you see opening the OS?
    05-04-15 02:37 PM
    Yes, Mr. Chen! Snap your fingers and come up with a fix.
    anon(9188202) and Thunderbuck like this.
    05-04-15 03:14 PM
    One of the obvious would be google play store for example. Just open up the variety in Android market. Essential apps are what's missing. BlackBerry likes to have n image about productivity and one productive tool that is used greatly in work environment is Google drive. One example.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 04:54 PM
    One of the obvious would be google play store for example. Just open up the variety in Android market. Essential apps are what's missing. BlackBerry likes to have n image about productivity and one productive tool that is used greatly in work environment is Google drive. One example.

Posted via CB10
    That is not something that Chen can do. Google won't allow it. It is in Google's court. And with Google Drive, there are a lot of cloud storage. I use Box. And they talk about productivity for Enterprise and I wouldn't trust Google with business documents.
    05-04-15 04:58 PM
    I work with a big European company. They have locations all over Europe. Google drive is one big application that's used in our work place. For me as a big BlackBerry fan I would just love to see these are options available. It's just a bit embarrassing when everybody else with every other type of phone seems to more flexible. Thank god for cobalt that helped with this issue. Love my passport. Being able to use play store made it the best phone ever.

Just a thought on what can bring back old customers and boost BlackBerry back in the +

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 05:05 PM
    You must be new here. BlackBerry simply can't add Google services as they are not a member of the Open Handset Alliance. They can't even negotiate it. The only way they can achieve that is by releasing an BlackBerry Android device plus strip the runtime from future iterations of BlackBerry 10.

Welcome to CrackBerry!
    Last edited by birdman_38; 05-04-15 at 07:03 PM.
    Thunderbuck and anon(9188202) like this.
    05-04-15 05:23 PM
    Bear in mind that BlackBerry isn't the only company with this issue, either. Windows Phones can't run GPlay services, and neither can non-OHA devices like Amazon Fire.

As of now, the only way that BlackBerry can add Google Play Services would be if they produced an Android handset. And even in that case, I believe they'd have to either drop BB10 entirely or disable its ability to use APKs. And that's Google's call, not BlackBerry's.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    05-04-15 05:43 PM
    Wow! Guess this is just gonna be a wish on a wish list. But I get it now. Was just being hopeful.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 07:05 PM
    You must be new here. BlackBerry simply can't add Google services as they are not a member of the Open Handset Alliance. They can't even negotiate it. The only way they can achieve that is by releasing an BlackBerry Android device plus strip the runtime from future iterations of BlackBerry 10.

Welcome to CrackBerry!
    Yes, they can't but it doesn't mean they need to block it from being installed manually by their users. Amazon isn't a member of OHA but Google Services could still be installed on their devices manually by their users without root. BlackBerry intentionally included a stub of Google Service Framework in the runtime that blocks GSF from being installed manually

Z10STL100-1/10.3.2.500
    05-05-15 06:04 AM
    As a committed Blackberry user for years I have to write just in case. The company is making a big turn around since you have been in charge. But there is a BUT! The same thing that killed Blackberry is the same thing that is going to stall the momentum you have worked so hard to get moving "APP AVAILABILITY". So much people have changed back to blackberry especially since the intro of passport and classic but it is a tiny tiny tiny amount.

So much are dieing for an excuse to come back also. It's easy for the market share to be dominated by Blackberry again. Just remember this one thing "APP AVAILABILITY ". Remember the young working class generation want the security and smoothness of blackberry OS but need to play ALSO.

Thanks
    Islandblood
    Respec

Posted via CB10
    Something is brewing...

Next year (or the year after that) you will find the solution, the dedicated journal app BlackBerry Log, an app useful for brewing beer.

Seriously, it they can then Remember and Calendar would not be this ****. They can't even make good apps themselves what do you expect developers to do.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    tryanfixit likes this.
    05-05-15 06:12 AM
    I work with a big European company. They have locations all over Europe. Google drive is one big application that's used in our work place. For me as a big BlackBerry fan I would just love to see these are options available. It's just a bit embarrassing when everybody else with every other type of phone seems to more flexible. Thank god for cobalt that helped with this issue. Love my passport. Being able to use play store made it the best phone ever.

Just a thought on what can bring back old customers and boost BlackBerry back in the +

Posted via CB10
    there's a PlayCloud app in App World which works with Gdrive I believe.
    The best cloud apps for BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-05-15 06:24 AM
    there's a PlayCloud app in App World which works with Gdrive I believe.
    The best cloud apps for BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    These third parties stuffs are just not the same thing. When you work with Google's apps and seamlessly share and collaborate within the app suites under its UI and all those small details like auto-save and backups etc. It just makes it completely different.

To be completely honest, even if BlackBerry launched a majorly improved product I still need to ponder about whether I will switch back because data stored on BlackBerry is like a black hole, transferring or archiving them in an organized manner when the phone reaches it's end of life is just too much hassle, and the other OSes take no effort at all. It's almost like anything I store on my BlackBerry I will permanently lose them in the end. Whereas, on Android, I switched to a new phone, type in my Google account apps download and login with my Google account with all the cloud data like my task lists on Todoist, recurring reminders in Google Now, etc they are all there within the first 5 minutes I turn on my new phone for the first time.

Let's just say BlackBerry 10 is not productive for everyone like the old BlackBerry OS was. My work requires immediate responses to many things and an inaccurate and slow double type physical keyboard together with the messy BlackBerry Remember just don't cut it for me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-05-15 06:47 AM
    It would be nice if change for BlackBerry(...or any other platform) were as easy as someone forwarding a link to Chen so that he could read this. I'm sure there are many with ideas to help BlackBerry. I'll say it again, apps have been an issue for BlackBerry since the Legacy OS 7.0-7.1 days when DEVs started leaving and it has improved over time. But, it's still doesn't have the volume of the other two platforms- which is the reason we have access to Android apps. So, with the latter, I don't see anything changing anytime soon(related to apps). Minor changes, sure. An ecosystem equal to others......not yet- if ever.

Posted from my Z30 on 10.3.2.500
    05-06-15 11:47 AM
    Please excuse my ignorance because I don't know much about these stuff. But apple iphone can have gmail, hangouts, youtube, drive then why can't BlackBerry have those? IPhone doesn't have to boot up with android logo either.

I own a BlackBerry Passport, my first BlackBerry phone from 5 yrs with android. I wanted to give BlackBerry a chance because it makes very good hardware and it's good for productivity since I work in finance. But honestly I think I will go back to android if BlackBerry doesn't get better in a year. Android makes my life much easier. I was a big fan of physical keyboard but honest swiftkey on android is actually really good, if not better than BlackBerry keyboard. Hub is good but android notifications aren't bad either. I sometimes find it better than Hub. User experience wise, android is still much better.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 03:16 PM
    Please excuse my ignorance because I don't know much about these stuff. But apple iphone can have gmail, hangouts, youtube, drive then why can't BlackBerry have those? IPhone doesn't have to boot up with android logo either.
    Apple has those applications because Google has chosen to develop them for the iPhone. They have ignored BlackBerry and Windows Phone because their market share is insignificant.
    05-06-15 11:55 PM
    * deleted *
    05-06-15 11:59 PM