I always get:
    Error: cannot export to PKCS12: \Research in Motion\Author.p12 <the system cannot find the path specified>
    Error: Keystore load: C:\Documents and Settings\me\Local Settings\Application Data\Research in Motion\Author.p12 <access denied>

I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
    You have to be on an administrative account on your computer.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    JMDxRIM likes this.
    09-16-13 04:33 AM
    Thank you for this

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 05:55 AM

edit: also about the stuff to be edited in the batch file. during the request process, blackberry page doesnt ask for any of that information. only to log in with bbid. so is there something specific we need to use for password/author? (devicepin self explanatory)
    When you initially create your BBIDToken you are asked to create a password for it during that process. that is the password you put in the batch file. Author name is arbitrary.
    09-16-13 06:46 AM
    This method worked for me but i haven't had it confirmed by anyone else. Please let me know if it works for you.

As per the BBIDToken page, I believe this debug token is good for 1 year instead of 30 days!!!!

Prerequirements - JAVA JRE - Java SE Downloads

Get your BBIDToken
    https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/...V0LmNzcw%3D%3D

Save BBIDtoken.csk to \%users%\<<username>\app data\local\research in motion\

Unpack Blackberry Tools SDK zip file - https://developer.blackberry.com/and...ools_1.6.1.zip

Upack the CreateToken.zip file (inside CreateToken.bat) to the BIN folder with in the Blackberry Tools Folder. eg. \blackberry.tools.SDK\bin

Right click on CreateToken.bar , select edit, and change the BBIDToken password (PASSKEY), AUTHOR and DEVICEPIN to your individual information. Save changes.

Double Click on CreateToken.bar

debugtoken.bar should be created in the \blackberry.tools.SDK\bin folder.

Install debugtoken.bar to phone, I used Chrome

You can try to install your previously converted bar files. I reconverted mine using xsacha's Android Package "y-android2bb.bat".
    Ya, sorry but no "CreateToken.bar" was in the batch of files ANYWHERE...
    09-17-13 01:57 PM
    Ya, sorry but no "CreateToken.bar" was in the batch of files ANYWHERE...

SORRY, should be CreateToken.bat
    09-17-13 02:18 PM
    Hi, I have followed the steps and created and installed in the device debugtoken, the problem is that I can not install any android app, nor know how to recreate them to return to sign them, because if I try I get the Error failure 881 application author does not match debug token author.
    Greetings.
    09-21-13 03:30 PM
    Hi, I have followed the steps and created and installed in the device debugtoken, the problem is that I can not install any android app, nor know how to recreate them to return to sign them, because if I try I get the Error failure 881 application author does not match debug token author.
    Greetings.
    Are you using the Google Chrome addon to install the bars?
    09-26-13 06:53 AM
    How are you doing this on a mac? I've been trying to figure it out.
    09-29-13 03:51 PM
    How are you doing this on a mac? I've been trying to figure it out.
    I'm not a mac user so i'm no help. First or second poster said it worked fine on a mac, so maybe he can give you a hand.
    09-30-13 07:52 AM
    30 days max using the bbidtoken.csk code signing key under Momentics IDE on Mac (the IDE makes it particularly convenient to create/import/renew tokens). Not one year.
    10-04-13 10:42 PM
    Install via DDPB doesn't seem to work for the token, I've never been able to get the Google Chrome method to work. Got Sachesi, which finally got it installed. Thank you kindly for what appears to be a simpler method to get a device token created :-)
    10-06-13 08:03 AM
    Must try this!

Sent from my zipaligned and deodexed own custom ROM on HTC One X
    10-24-13 09:34 AM
    I have successfully installed a debug token. Now when I side load temple run 2, why doesn't it work? It worked when I had the 'Unlocked Android Runtime' installed. I reverted to a different runtime because I didn't like the permanent bar but now temple run 2 won't work after I side load it with this current debug token.... why?
    Last edited by bounce007; 10-28-13 at 05:59 PM.
    10-28-13 04:54 PM
    I have successfully installed a debug token. Now when I side load temple run 2, why doesn't it work? It worked when I had the 'Unlocked Android Runtime' installed. I reverted to a different runtime because I didn't like the permanent bar but now temple run 2 won't work after I side load it with this current debug token.... why?
    My guess is you have to reconvert the apk to bar with the newly created debug file.
    10-29-13 10:09 AM
    Going to have to try it.

This post is Chuck Norris approved!!!!
    10-29-13 10:10 AM
    My guess is you have to reconvert the apk to bar with the newly created debug file.
    Thank you, but how do I do this? I am able to convert and install android apps using xsacha's method but how do I convert apps with a debug token created using your method?

Thanks for your help and I'm sorry about asking these remedial questions.
    10-29-13 10:19 AM
    Thank you, but how do I do this? I am able to convert and install android apps using xsacha's method but how do I convert apps with a debug token created using your method?

Thanks for your help and I'm sorry about asking these remedial questions.

Same as what you are used to.

Edit zandroid2bb.bat and change the first line to point to where you have the Android SDK installed.
    Put your debugtoken.bar in the same directory as the script.
    Now just drag any Android app .apk on to zandroid2bb.bat. A .bar should be generated (otherwise check the error).
    Now you can install this .bar on your device and it should just work. You can use the included zInstaller.bat or other means.
    bounce007 likes this.
    10-30-13 07:39 AM
    Same as what you are used to.

Edit zandroid2bb.bat and change the first line to point to where you have the Android SDK installed.
    Put your debugtoken.bar in the same directory as the script.
    Now just drag any Android app .apk on to zandroid2bb.bat. A .bar should be generated (otherwise check the error).
    Now you can install this .bar on your device and it should just work. You can use the included zInstaller.bat or other means.
    Thanks for this... Gonna sign my bars so i don't have to have a debug token installed
    10-30-13 03:51 PM
    Thanks for this... Gonna sign my bars so i don't have to have a debug token installed
    I've been trying to figure this out. What do you have to do to sign them?
    10-30-13 04:52 PM
    After you convert the apk to a bar file, just sign via command prompt in windows or teminal on a mac.... If you don't what i'm talking about follow this: 10 Easy Steps to Package and Sign AIR Apps for PlayBook « Hemanth Sharma
    10-30-13 05:09 PM
    I dont have the /local/ research in motion folder...why is that? do i need to install anything?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 09:04 PM
    I dont have the /local/ research in motion folder...why is that? do i need to install anything?

Posted via CB10
    make sure you turn on "Show hidden files and folders".
    10-31-13 10:22 AM
    it's automatically part of the process when you convert the APK to a BAR.

BBIDToken is used to create a certificate
    Certificate is used to create a debug token (debugtoken.bar) - personally signed android application.
    debugtoken.bar is used in converting (signing) apk to the bar file.
    When you execute the app, the self signed bar, matches the installed debugtoken and the app runs as if it was signed by the developer and published through blackberry world.

"unlocked runtime" doesn't care if the app is signed or not.
    10-31-13 10:26 AM

you have to sign the bar files unless you are using the unlocked android runtime.
    10-31-13 10:27 AM
    I found 3 different research in motion folders, none of them in a directory called "local".....can u tell me what kind of files are supposed to be in there? so i can figure out which is the right one

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 11:10 AM
107 12345