Edited to remove what was here because I was unaware at the time it was illegal. Now that I am aware I wanted to delete it. Maybe a mod can delete this whole thread for me?
    Last edited by moodyk13; 08-11-13 at 12:12 AM.
    toobs623 likes this.
    08-07-13 09:45 PM
    On the older square app, I had the card reader working on my Z10. Your just need to make sure it's been activated on a iOS or Android platform
    08-07-13 10:47 PM
    Square works great for me... on 10.1 & now 10.2.

The crappy card reader blows goats on every platform!

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 10:22 AM
    On the older square app, I had the card reader working on my Z10. Your just need to make sure it's been activated on a iOS or Android platform
    I had an android phone before the Q10 that I used the card reader on - plug into my Q10 but it isn't recognized.
    08-08-13 04:36 PM
    I had an android phone before the Q10 that I used the card reader on - plug into my Q10 but it isn't recognized.
    Hmm, it works on my Q10, make sure to only plug it in as far as headphones go

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 06:16 PM
    Thanks Kris, will try that! I actually haven't tried plugging it in since I installed the leaked 10.2.

On another note, I've been reading that sideloading apps is illegal? Is it illegal?

Posted using my white Q10 via the very addicting CB 10 app!
    08-08-13 06:36 PM
    Thanks Kris, will try that! I actually haven't tried plugging it in since I installed the leaked 10.2.

On another note, I've been reading that sideloading apps is illegal? Is it illegal?

It is technically illegal, however the chances of you ever being prosecuted for it are slim to none, unless the app developer is hurting for cash that bad, in which they probably shouldn't be a developer.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 08:01 PM
    Well then I'm a bit confused. If the app is free and the converter is on the Google play and the sideloader is on Google Chrome I don't understand how that's illegal.

Unless you're talking about paid apps? Square is a free app. I don't want to sideload if it's illegal.

08-08-13 10:34 PM
    Well then I'm a bit confused. If the app is free and the converter is on the Google play and the sideloader is on Google Chrome I don't understand how that's illegal.

Unless you're talking about paid apps? Square is a free app. I don't want to sideload if it's illegal.

It's a very gray area to say the least. By rights when we convert a apk to a bar we are modified certain internal codes to work with the runtime in our berries. There for we've modified someone else's work for our own gains. Wether free or not, it's still copyright violation.

However, keep in mind, no one will likely ever prosecute you for this. I'm guilty of sideloading as well, pretty much everyone is. So I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 11:55 PM
    Ok thanks. Whoever built the converter is a genius! Prob you Kris! LOL

So when you had/have Square on your Q, did it look like my pic above or could you see all the numbers normal. I've had those w a Z say it displays right that it must be a resolution thing on the Q.

Thanks for all you do!!!!!

08-09-13 06:29 AM