Hi,

I have a blackberry z10 and I think when I delete the android apps they don't get completely deleted even after reboot eg. I downloaded uc browser when I had 10.1 and chrome when I had 10.2, both I deleted soon after I downloaded them but they are still not completely deleted. I even deleted the apk file for chrome. Does any one have a solution for this??????
    Completely removing android apps-img_20140208_001910.png

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 02:25 PM
    Hi,

I have a blackberry z10 and I think when I delete the android apps they don't get completely deleted even after reboot eg. I downloaded uc browser when I had 10.1 and chrome when I had 10.2, both I deleted soon after I downloaded them but they are still not completely deleted. I even deleted the apk file for chrome. Does any one have a solution for this??????
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140208_001910.png 
Views:	1339 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	245911

Posted via CB10
    Did you tried deleting via App manager? If not then go to settings>app manager>device monitor>storage>click on the app you want to delete>delete
    harshik likes this.
    02-07-14 02:36 PM
    Outside of any other suggestion, I suggest you download "Clean Master" using Snap and then run it. Click on "App Manager" to see if both apps were complete uninstalled. You can also check the "Junk Files" option which should tell you if there are residual files and if so, give you the option to delete. I hope you get this resolved.
    harshik likes this.
    02-07-14 02:36 PM
    Did you tried deleting via App manager? If not then go to settings>app manager>device monitor>storage>click on the app you want to delete>delete
    Good suggestion, but I notice the native App Manager only shows some Android apps.
    harshik and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    02-07-14 02:37 PM
    Can anyone fix this? I've already tried Clean Master's Junk file removal. I uninstalled errr...deleted...the 1Mobile Market App a while ago, using the touch and hold icon then touch the trashcan method. Clean Master deleted some stuff including some stuff belonging left over from the 1Mobile Market app.

Completely removing android apps-img_20140207_182850.png

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    02-07-14 04:34 PM
    Back up your important data and do a security wipe. Some Android apps get installed with a permanent status. There's no way of removing them completely without a security wipe.
    02-07-14 04:38 PM
    I fixed it. I did a number of things. I tried reseting the default apps in settings and that didn't help. Reinstalled the 1Mobile Market App then Uninstalled it using App Manager, Device Monitor, Storage and it went away. I then reinstalled 1Mobile Market again to see if the same problem would come back if I tried deleting it from the home screen icon and I deleted it and it didn't come back.

Posted via CB10
    KemKev and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    02-07-14 05:07 PM
    An easy way of making sure is going to the file manager and under downloads, deleting the apk file from there.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 05:11 PM
    Thanks but only chrome shows up in the app manager, now what about uc browser???

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 12:55 AM
    True

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 12:56 AM
    Outside of any other suggestion, I suggest you download "Clean Master" using Snap and then run it. Click on "App Manager" to see if both apps were complete uninstalled. You can also check the "Junk Files" option which should tell you if there are residual files and if so, give you the option to delete. I hope you get this resolved.
    Hi,

Yes clean master shows UC browser app, but when I click uninstall it stops running ( for any app) but cleaning junk files works

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 01:27 AM
    Thanks I installed another app manager which worked!

Posted via CB10
    KemKev likes this.
    02-08-14 01:43 AM
    Thanks I installed another app manager which worked!

Posted via CB10
    What's the name of the other App Manager you installed which worked?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 07:13 AM
    It's funny how people are now starting to realize this.
    I said this week's ago in a different thread and people basically told me I was full of ****.
    Bla1ze come in and agrees with me and all of a sudden everyone accepts the truth.
    Sigh
    02-08-14 08:40 AM
    I said this week's ago in a different thread and people basically told me I was full of ****.
    Bla1ze come in and agrees with me and all of a sudden everyone accepts the truth.
    Sigh
    People on CrackBerry don't like the truth, even if they have proof with examples.

I saw your original post when you posted it and was thankful - it's a handy little tip. Ta, muchly.
    Supa_Fly1 and stabstabdie like this.
    02-08-14 08:43 AM
    Sigh
    Why quoting me lol i didn't even read your thread. & Sorry for how people told you that.

Subscribe to my new BBM channel pin:C002FED66
    02-08-14 12:43 PM
    Ghost commander has deleted every android app I have ever tried. It's free using snap or BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 12:51 PM