I did not - I was already down the other path when I saw your suggestion.

I just tried configuring the BB browser to desktop mode and the browser on my device says "The link you clicked on only works on mobile devices". So it looks like I have to go down the EXE route.

I do have the APK file now. I think I am going to chance it and hope they just had a bunch of bloatware/mailware in their EXE extractor.
    Well that was a complete waste of time. AppsZoom app wants you to sign into the Google Play store... if I wanted to go to the Google Play store I would go there directly and not through some 3rd party front-end.

Is there no app store out there where we can download the recent version of the more common apps without having to have a Google Play store logon? /sigh
    11-19-13 09:54 AM
    This does not bode well for AppsZoom's site:
    avast! [DESKTOP]: File "C:\Users\user1\AppData\Local\Temp\fullpackage_tem p1384873161\tmp\eGdpSvc.exe" is infected by "Win32:Malware-gen" virus.
    "File System Shield" task used
    Version of current VPS file is 131118-1, 11/18/2013

And then they tried to shove all sorts of software on my PC, and even though I unchecked stuff and cancelled others, I still ended up with "Optimizer Pro v3.2".

Shady...

Before I install their App and potentially screw up my BB, does anyone have any AppsZoom experience in a positive light?
    Well on top of trying to infect me with Malware that Avast! stopped, and installing "Optimizer Pro v3.2" on my computer (which I immediately removed), AppsZoom's app extractor also managed to hijack the home page on all of my web browsers and forced it to:
    Aartemis Portal Site �€“ My Homepage �€“ The best and most complete navigation site of the US!
    Even after I cleaned my registry to all references of aartemis.com, the home page subsitution persisted so I ran Malwarebyte's scanning app and it found the additoinal following:
    Registry Keys Detected: 4
    HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext \Stats\{9D425283-D487-4337-BAB6-AB8354A81457} (PUP.Optional.SearchToolbar) -> No action taken.
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\Browser Helper Objects\{9D425283-D487-4337-BAB6-AB8354A81457} (PUP.Optional.SearchToolbar) -> No action taken.
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\{6791A2F3-FC80-475C-A002-C014AF797E9C} (PUP.Optional.OptimzerPro.A) -> No action taken.
    HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{33BB0A4E-99AF-4226-BDF6-49120163DE86} (PUP.Optional.Qone8) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Detected: 3
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar|{9D425283-D487-4337-BAB6-AB8354A81457} (PUP.Optional.SearchToolbar) -> Data: Search Toolbar -> No action taken.
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\{9D425283-D487-4337-BAB6-AB8354A81457} (PUP.Optional.SearchToolbar) -> Data: -> No action taken.
    HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon|shell (Trojan.Agent.RNS) -> Data: explorer.exe,C:\Users\sheehand\AppData\Roaming\sky pe.dat -> No action taken.

Registry Data Items Detected: 1
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes|DefaultScope (PUP.Optional.Qone8) -> Bad: ({33BB0A4E-99AF-4226-BDF6-49120163DE86}) Good: ({0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}) -> No action taken.

All I can say is people should stay FAR away from any service like AppsZoom that purposefully distributes multiple pieces of Malware and forces bloat ware installation as a part of a simple APK file extractor. They should not be trusted and how they got rated #3 on the linked list is beyond me.
    11-19-13 10:49 AM
    Great, thanks
    11-19-13 10:50 AM
    Wow! I feel bad now for posting that link

Posted via my Z10
    11-19-13 10:51 AM
    Wow! I feel bad now for posting that link

Posted via my Z10
    Not your fault. They came recommended and they looked really good at first glance.
    11-19-13 11:16 AM
    Not your fault. They came recommended and they looked really good at first glance.
    Had a similar situation with another site unrelated to APK downloaders. I used Win7 system restore function which quickly removed all traces (including registry changes). PITA either way.
    11-19-13 02:05 PM
    Is any of these app stores supporting easy reinstall through a logged in account?

Besides the simplified install of APK's, I would think that another advantage would be making reinstall of previously installed Android apps easy (after installing a new leak), which is now a pain with every leak.
    11-19-13 02:36 PM
    Try 1 mobile (turn off notifications with Ghost Commander) . You'll usually get the most recent apps there. If too recent and causing problems, then use good e reader. They have a version, or more later, and will probably work better.

Goodluck.

Well that was a complete waste of time. AppsZoom app wants you to sign into the Google Play store... if I wanted to go to the Google Play store I would go there directly and not through some 3rd party front-end.

Is there no app store out there where we can download the recent version of the more common apps without having to have a Google Play store logon? /sigh
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-20-13 01:24 PM
    Where do I get the good commander

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 05:58 PM
    Where do I get the good commander

Posted via CB10
    Ghost Commander is in App World.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 06:57 PM
    Well on top of trying to infect me with Malware that Avast! stopped, and installing "Optimizer Pro v3.2" on my computer (which I immediately removed), AppsZoom's app extractor also managed to hijack the home page on all of my web browsers and forced it to:
    Aartemis Portal Site �€“ My Homepage �€“ The best and most complete navigation site of the US!
    Even after I cleaned my registry to all references of aartemis.com, the home page subsitution persisted so I ran Malwarebyte's scanning app and it found the additoinal following:
    Registry Keys Detected: 4
    HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext \Stats\{9D425283-D487-4337-BAB6-AB8354A81457} (PUP.Optional.SearchToolbar) -> No action taken.
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\Browser Helper Objects\{9D425283-D487-4337-BAB6-AB8354A81457} (PUP.Optional.SearchToolbar) -> No action taken.
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\{6791A2F3-FC80-475C-A002-C014AF797E9C} (PUP.Optional.OptimzerPro.A) -> No action taken.
    HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{33BB0A4E-99AF-4226-BDF6-49120163DE86} (PUP.Optional.Qone8) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Detected: 3
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar|{9D425283-D487-4337-BAB6-AB8354A81457} (PUP.Optional.SearchToolbar) -> Data: Search Toolbar -> No action taken.
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\{9D425283-D487-4337-BAB6-AB8354A81457} (PUP.Optional.SearchToolbar) -> Data: -> No action taken.
    HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon|shell (Trojan.Agent.RNS) -> Data: explorer.exe,C:\Users\sheehand\AppData\Roaming\sky pe.dat -> No action taken.

Registry Data Items Detected: 1
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes|DefaultScope (PUP.Optional.Qone8) -> Bad: ({33BB0A4E-99AF-4226-BDF6-49120163DE86}) Good: ({0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}) -> No action taken.

All I can say is people should stay FAR away from any service like AppsZoom that purposefully distributes multiple pieces of Malware and forces bloat ware installation as a part of a simple APK file extractor. They should not be trusted and how they got rated #3 on the linked list is beyond me.
    Wonderful bug riddled site. How many of the other ones are doing this? No wonder people don't want to use non supported stores.
    11-21-13 09:19 AM
    I knew about a few of these (amazon, 1mobile, Google play) but many I didn't know about so thank you! A very useful post

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 03:17 PM
    please add apps.goodereader.com to the list, we've been supporting blackberry since the playbook and have over 45,000 android apps and a fully functional client for you to install.
    ital1, bb_uzer and Lendo like this.
    11-21-13 08:56 PM
    Hi there, that's weird, the chrome extension we provided is .crx file which will not have any popups.
    I've never had any ads in chrome before installing the extension.. the ads only pop up in Chrome.. I checked my settings and they are still the same as before so it can only be due to the extension... I'll check the file format and get back at this...

From the Z...
    11-24-13 01:29 PM
    Open BlackBerry browser.
    Search "1Mobile ".
    Download 1Mobile.
    Start 1mobile.
    Search for an app.
    Download app.
    Install app.

I did and "Words With Friends" works fine...

Trusted Member Genius
    Nice, how come our Words with friends 6.7.1 from 1mobile doesn't run 100% smooth? It works better than the previous sideloaded Bar files but still not great. I found a few others on the forums to have the same issues I'm experiencing. We updated to OS 10.2.1.1055 and security wiped. What did you do differently to get yours working flawlessly?
    Thanks,
    ~S
    11-25-13 07:32 AM
    You can download apps from there with an APK downloader.

Anyone able to suggest a good APK downloader? The one App I most want, Natwest mobile banking, is only available on Android from Google Play.
    11-25-13 09:44 AM
    Anyone able to suggest a good APK downloader? The one App I most want, Natwest mobile banking, is only available on Android from Google Play.
    So your question is if there is a good APK downloader that works again the Google Play store w/o having to do a lot of configuring to get it to work.
    Other if you don't care about the Google Play store and are looking for a "good" APK store/downloader that has your Natwest mobile banking app, you should ask the bank what online stores they have published the app to.

Snap and Droid are two Google Play downloader apps that have been shown to work fine, they just require a little upfront work as they are BARs and not APKs (although don't ask me why one of them isn't an APK file we just can't install):
    Droid Store - another app that allows you to download APK files to your BlackBerry smartphone | CrackBerry.com
    whitbags likes this.
    11-25-13 10:50 AM
    Ah, now I understand what an APK downloader is. I was thinking it was something different.

I have Droid side-loaded and have used it for a few free applications, but it seems unable to locate the application I want. Same with 1Mobile and Amazon app store. I'll try Snap see if that manages any better.

Sadly the only place the Android application is available is via Google Play. Natwest have repeatedly assured me they are working on a BB10 version; I have been asking since January. Clearly a native BB10 app would be preferable, but beggars can't be choosers...

Thanks for the helpful reply.
    11-27-13 03:59 PM
    All apps I download from 1Mobile store keeps showing up in my hub notifications. Even after downloaded. I delete the notification and it keeps coming back. Any way to fix this?

Posted via CB10
    I had the same issue with having 1Mobile apps popped up constantly in my hub notification. Annoying, I know. It's really easy to fix.

Open 1Mobile Market App.

1) Click on little 1Mobile icon on the upper left corner of the screen
    2) Click on "My Apps"
    3) Click on "Download"
    4) Click X to delete the apps in both downloading and history columns
    5) Close 1Mobile Market app

Viola!

The repeat notifications from 1Mobile stopped popping up in my hub notification immediately afterwards.

Cheers!
    11-30-13 04:06 AM
    I actually created a sizable collection of BAR files that I have tested with Blackberry OS10.2 on my Q10. I was unable to upload this archive to one of the major torrent sites (if someone else know how to do it feel free), which means that the torrent will only stay alive if others seed it. If you download this torrent I hope you'll keep it seeded for as long as you can so others can get the most from their Blackberries. Here is the link (if you paste into your browser it should launch uTorrent and start the download): http://tinyurl.com/magnet:?xt=urn:bt...org%2fannounce

This is a list of the fils I found to work:
    -----------------
    _BB10 LIST OF Sideload Apps_WORKING
    -----------------
    --------------------------------------------
    _Key apps - Navigation
    BingMaps [perfect].bar
    Google_Maps_6.14.1_BB10_Maps-Core [special BB mod, stable, recommended].bar
    Mapquest_v1.8.1 [great].bar
    maverick.lite_v2.2_codesector [offline GPS maps with tracking].bar
    Nokia HERE (excellent nav, browser link)
    x_Google_Maps_1.936 bld 19_BB10_Maps [good but unstable, settings crashes].bar
    x_net.osm+ Free_v1.4.1.20beta [Unstable; Open Streets Maps_Offline].bar

_Key apps - Other
    bloomberg-android [perfect; NOTE Native version now available].bar
    craigslist_Ver_3.24 [perfect].bar
    ebay.mobile_v1.0.29.0 [perfect].bar
    Evernote_5.1 [perfect].bar
    flyersoft.moonreader_v1.9.9 [perfect].bar
    Grace - learn what you love 0Excellent Online coursese]
    Hopstop_v1.01 [perfect].bar
    IMDB [perfect].bar
    instagram [perfect but top row of buttons obscured on Q10].bar
    meetup_v1.0.95.0 [great].bar
    netflix-mediaclient 1.8 build 561 [perfect].bar
    ogqcorp.tpa_Ted Talks_TedAir_v1.0.121206 [video, perfect, great controls].bar
    PayPal_2.2 [perfect].bar
    PicasaTool_5.2.0.2 [PERFECT].bar
    Plume for Twitter [perfect]_v5.21.bar
    RecipeSearch_v3.23 [perfect].bar
    snapchat.android_v2.1.0.26.bar
    tripadvisor.tripadvisor_v3.0.1 [may crash in initial install].bar
    trixiesoft.clapp Craigslist_v1.0.31.0.bar
    Tumblr_3.3.2 [perfect].bar
    urbanspoon [perfect].bar
    us.news_v1.0.3.0.bar
    v2_je.yelp.free_1_102 [yelp mobile v1.02 web app all functions work].bar
    Words with Friends [good].bar
    Yelp [v. 4.4.1 Sept 9, 2013, great but no bookmarks or monocle; monocle works w debug token].bar
    youmail.android.vvm_v3.7.30.05.1482.bar

_Key apps - PodCast & Audiobook
    astroplayerbeta_v1.135.145 [PERFECT].bar
    BeyondPod Podcast Manager_v3.1.39 [great but won't accept pro license key].bar
    MortPlayer_Audio_Book_0.8.6 [perfect].bar
    Podcast-Addict_1.10.3.bar
    Podtrapper_v1.0.7.0 [perfect].bar
    x_ak.alizandro.smartaudiobookplayer_v1.4.18.62 [v good but no SD support].bar
    x_BeyondPod Podcast Manager_v3.1.36 [great, license key prob for pro].bar
    x_BeyondPod_3.0.371.bar

Debug Token - Working
    BrotheriPrintScan_v1.11.02 [works with debug token method].apk
    BrotheriPrintScan_v1.11.02.bar
    Clone Camera v1.5.4 apkmania.com [paid].apk
    Clone Camera v1.5.4 apkmania.com [paid].bar
    Color Booth Pro v1.2.9 apkmania.com.apk
    Color Booth Pro v1.2.9 apkmania.com.bar
    com.spotify.mobile.android.ui.apk
    com.spotify.mobile.android.ui.bar
    HD Panorama+ v2.00 apkmania.com.apk
    HD Panorama+ v2.00 apkmania.com.bar
    Pandora� internet radio.bar
    v2_com.yelp.android_1_809203.apk
    Yelp 4.4.1 Sep 9, 2013.bar

Other apps
    3D camera.pro_v1.0.386.0.bar
    American Airlines_v2.4.2040000 [perfect].bar
    amtrak.rider_v1.0.794.0.bar
    angeloid.Ted Talks_v1.12 [video, v good but Ted Air is better].bar
    aol.mobile.techcrunch_v2.1.0.22.bar
    APMobile__v1.0.3713.0.bar
    AVR_Remote_v1.0.104.0 [Marantz Denon_great].bar
    BGR_v1.0.1.2 [Boy Genius Report].bar
    bojandevic.ubergenius_v1.3 [brain games].bar
    booking.com hotel search_v3.9.7.43.bar
    chess for Android_v4.2.bar
    CNN Money [perfect, text & video].bar
    ConvertPad - Unit Converter_2.6.bar
    Dropbox_v2.3.1.230100 [newer versions don't work].bar
    duolingo-18-v1.01 [language learning].bar
    Economist_v1.3.3.bar
    episode6.android.nycsubwaymap_v1.0.30.0.bar
    exavore.Rfi remote for Roku_rokumote_v2.10 [simple, works perfect].bar
    firecrackersw.wordbreaker_v4.3.1.bar
    flipboard.app_v2.0.5 [beautiful].bar
    French Dictionary - Offline_v1.9.3.bar
    GateGuru_v1.0.8.bar
    Google Sky Map [perfect].bar
    Google Translate_v2.7 [excellent, written and spoken translation].bar
    hamoosh.cityguide.casablanca_v1.0.bar
    huffingtonpost.android_v12.9.0.bar
    iremote.android.itunes_v3.1 [server for PC only].bar
    j2.efax_v2.2.0.bar
    kep.iRemote.free_v1.1.0 [would not connect to iTunes].bar
    Kingsoft-Office_5.1 [good but only docs in misc/android folder].bar
    knickerbockerapps.schednyc_v1.0.46.0 [MTA train status, very good].bar
    Learn French Phrasebook_v2.1.bar
    Listen Audiobook Player [works but unstable].bar
    lulo.scrabble.classicwords_v1.5.5 [perfect].bar
    mobilereference.TravelMoroccoAppFree_v21.9.16.bar
    mtasubway.bus_v1.0.1.0.bar
    News Republic_v3.1.6.bar
    NYCMate_4.21.bar
    OpenSignal_3G 4G WiFi maps [v good, adv funcs not available].bar
    org.dayup.stocks_v2.2.2 [good but sync w Google Fin not working].bar
    pinterest_v1.6.2 [perfect].bar
    Pocket.Readitlater.pro_v4.6.3 [great].bar
    Pulse News_v3.1.8 [News Aggregator, crash on 1st launch then OK].bar
    Relmtech.Remote_ Unified Remote_v2.9.1 [Server for PC only].bar
    Seeking Alpha Dividend_v1.1.0.bar
    Seeking Alpha Portfolio_v3.5.5 [excellent].bar
    Seeking Alpha Tech_v1.1.0.bar
    shazam-android [excellent].bar
    SignNow_1.52 [add signature to PDFs, great].bar
    sixones.remote_ Remote+ for Plex, XBMC, Boxee_v0.6 [could not connect].bar
    springpad [perfect].bar
    stumbleupon_v3.0.2.115.bar
    talkray-client-text call [good].bar
    td_ameritrade_mobile.bar
    tinder_v2.0.1 [seems perfect].bar
    tm.app.worldClock_v1.0.148.0 [great].bar
    TradeKing_v1.0.3.0 [web app].bar
    treemolabs.apps.Rick Steves Audio Europe_v1.0.7.0.bar
    TripAdvisor_seatguru_v1.1.bar
    tripadvisor.android.apps.cityguide.amsterdam_v4.0. 1.bar
    tripadvisor.android.apps.cityguide.london_v4.0.1.b ar
    tripadvisor.android.apps.cityguide.newyorkcity_v1. 0.30.0 [great].bar
    v2_com.tradeking.mobile_1_9 [v.2.1.0 perfect].bar
    visualit.zuti.nycLite_v2.1.7 [NY Subway router].bar
    waring.NYC Transit Status.MTAStatus_v1.0.2.0.bar
    waring.RightTrack.LIRR_v1.0.12.0.bar
    Wiki_Encyclopedia_wikipedia+news_v3.1.7.bar
    Yahoo Finance_v1.1.9.1187014080 [unstable].bar

Paris Metro & Guides
    Metro 01 Paris_v2.3.2 [Metro, RER, tram, transilien].bar
    ParisBusMetroTrain_v1.0 [map only].bar
    Tripadvisor Cityguide Paris_v4.0.1 [excellent].bar
    Visit Paris by Metro - RATP v1.0.1 [v useful but navigation reqs Google Play Servs].bar
    Zuti ParisLite_v2.1.4 [Paris Metro router].bar

x_Older versions working
    x_[old version] com.tripadvisor.tripadvisor_v2.6 [perfect].bar
    x_[older vers]_Google Maps with Navigation v1.64.bar
    x_[older vers]_Google Maps with Navigation v1.936 bld 16.bar
    x_com.chriskonieczny.RoMote_rokuremote.ui_v1.0.1.0 [could not connect].bar
    x_com.jetshred.plexremote_v1.0.1 [works but bottom buttons cut off on Q10; didn't test server].bar
    x_com.tallsnail.newyorker_v1.0.3.0 [installs but doens't download material].bar
    x_Google Maps Plus_gps.voice_.navigation.gmapsplus_1 [works but no voice recg, no key bd input].bar
    x_Pinterest_1.5.4 [percfect].bar
    x_Roku_v2.1.2065609 [works but would not connect].bar
    x_super mario [poor gameplay].bar
    x_yelp_v4.2.0.808703 [good but bookmarks req google play services].bar
    11-30-13 11:51 AM
    Hi,
    Its new version is available in iTunes store, you should try it from iTunes and hope it works well...
    12-02-13 05:07 AM
    +1 for Mobogenie. love it!
    12-02-13 10:18 PM
    I actually created a sizable collection of BAR files that I have tested with Blackberry OS10.2 on my Q10. I was unable to upload this archive to one of the major torrent sites (if someone else know how to do it feel free), which means that the torrent will only stay alive if others seed it. If you download this torrent I hope you'll keep it seeded for as long as you can so others can get the most from their Blackberries. Here is the link (if
    Completely off topic and a ridiculously long post to scroll past on my BB. Please keep to the thread topic or start another thread.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 07:54 PM
    please i am new too blackberry trying to download apps that i had on my iphone how can i go about this please if anyone can do a walkthrough... and how can i get 10.2
    12-04-13 06:38 PM
    please i am new too blackberry trying to download apps that i had on my iphone how can i go about this please if anyone can do a walkthrough... and how can i get 10.2
    You need to search the forums and the main CrackBerry.com site. There are countless discussions on how to get 10.2.1.xxxx and this thread explains where to get APK files to install apps once you are on the new OS.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 07:21 PM
168 ... 23456 ...