People you're making it seem hard. Don't need to uninstall anything. Just download GMaps patcher from Cobalt's thread. Unzip it, Open it, check in with you Google play credentials, then input "com.supercell.clashofclans" in the next box under that Google play check in(without quote marks of course). Where it says download apk. Then click Analyze. Then Patch all three things the analyzer finds. After that just Copy the patched apk from the output folder in GMaps patcher folder you just unzipped previously to you SD card or phone memory. And open the patched apk. It will let you update whatever version of CoC you had installed as long as it is a previous release number. And that's basically it. Not that much of a hassle even for the folks who aren't technically skilled like me. It's pretty straight forward. You can download and patch any apk like that. Just get the appcode from the browser version of the play store when you look for an app, and Gmaps does everything else. No need for anyone to upload any patched apk. "Give a man a fish, he'll eat one day, show a man how to fish, and he will eat everyday"

Posted via CB10 from my Iron Man Edition Z10 // Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.3.2.281
    joeragan likes this.
    07-02-15 10:20 AM
    People you're making it seem hard. Don't need to uninstall anything. Just download GMaps patcher from Cobalt's thread. Unzip it, Open it, check in with you Google play credentials, then input "com.supercell.clashofclans" in the next box under that Google play check in(without quote marks of course). Where it says download apk. Then click Analyze. Then Patch all three things the analyzer finds. After that just Copy the patched apk from the output folder in GMaps patcher folder you just unzipped previously to you SD card or phone memory. And open the patched apk. It will let you update whatever version of CoC you had installed as long as it is a previous release number. And that's basically it. Not that much of a hassle even for the folks who aren't technically skilled like me. It's pretty straight forward. You can download and patch any apk like that. Just get the appcode from the browser version of the play store when you look for an app, and Gmaps does everything else. No need for anyone to upload any patched apk. "Give a man a fish, he'll eat one day, show a man how to fish, and he will eat everyday"

We're doing it via Lucky Patcher. No PC needed. Patching on the go. Much more convenient.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-02-15 10:45 AM
    We're doing it via Lucky Patcher. No PC needed. Patching on the go. Much more convenient.

Sure, but getting the apk seems to be the problem for some folks, something Gmaps solves straight forward. I do prefer Lucky myself, although I find it to be limiting sometimes. I'm glad that method worked well for you. But, you should write the steps, for these guys too. If you just say it worked for you, but don't write how you did it, it doesn't help the others much. It just makes them get more frustrated, they are looking for solutions on how to do it, not confirmation that it works, because by now, everybody already know it works. Cheers mate! Clash on!

07-02-15 12:11 PM
    Sure, but getting the apk seems to be the problem for some folks, something Gmaps solves straight forward. I do prefer Lucky myself, although I find it to be limiting sometimes. I'm glad that method worked well for you. But, you should write the steps, for these guys too. If you just say it worked for you, but don't write how you did it, it doesn't help the others much. It just makes them get more frustrated, they are looking for solutions on how to do it, not confirmation that it works, because by now, everybody already know it works. Cheers mate! Clash on!

- Delete old CoC
    - Download new CoC from Cobalt's Google Play (DO NOT INSTALL YET!)
    - Follow these steps (assuming you already have Lucky Patcher installed in your BB10 device):

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=947141

From Cobalt's:‎
    Patching procedure‎
    1. Run Lucky Patcher
    2. On main screen, choose Rebuild & Install
    3. Find the file you want to patch
    4. Tap on filename and select Rebuild
    5. Choose Apk without License Verification
    6. Unselect Auto Mode
    7. Select Remove Dependencies

After patching completed, you can find the patched apk file on your device (not SD-Card!). Look for folder misc/android/luckypatcher/modified. Install the patched APK file and you are ready to go.

Important: Uninstall any unpatched version of the app from your device before attempting to install the patched version.*

07-02-15 01:28 PM
    Awsome mate. I understand, I know now why we got confused. You assumed they had already installed Cobalts CoC and linked the village. So, unistalling was an option for you and me too, who already had it. But what I said, with Gmaps was oriented to those who haven't had any Cobalt CoC installed because they were afraid to do the BBlink uninstall and restore process to link the village in the first place. Most of them were waiting for this update to patch it and link it for the FIRST time. LOL that's why unistalling is not an option for them cuz they will lose their village. With my method, you would just click update on the previous build as if it was a normal update, without uninstalling(thus losing the village) anything. Sorry about the mix. Your method is VERY correct sir. But mine too, for first timers who haven't linked the village, mine is a little safer because it involves no uninstalling CoC, just Updating.

07-02-15 01:55 PM
    Awsome mate. I understand, I know now why we got confused. You assumed they had already installed Cobalts CoC and linked the village. So, unistalling was an option for you and me too, who already had it. But what I said, with Gmaps was oriented to those who haven't had any Cobalt CoC installed because they were afraid to do the BBlink uninstall and restore process to link the village in the first place. Most of them were waiting for this update to patch it and link it for the FIRST time. LOL that's why unistalling is not an option for them cuz they will lose their village. With my method, you would just click update on the previous build as if it was a normal update, without uninstalling(thus losing the village) anything. Sorry about the mix. Your method is VERY correct sir. But mine too, for first timers who haven't linked the village, mine is a little safer because it involves no uninstalling CoC, just Updating.

Good catch! I wasn't able to say this is for those who already had their villages linked to Google+. Thanks for the clarification!

07-02-15 02:49 PM
    :'O I think we just won the Internet. This has never been done. I had never seen two people agree in a comment discussion/argument/Help Desk lol but we did it. Hope both method help whoever needs them here. Cheers!

07-02-15 02:53 PM

Thanks for the info.

I installed Lucky Patcher but was unable to download the CoC apk via the Google Play Store as it gave me error. I then downloaded it via Snap v3 but I could not find the downloaded apk in my phone nor in my SD card. I ended up using the GMaps method you described above.
    07-04-15 01:13 AM

Question: I haven't patched any files yet. I have the latest version on my blackberry and would like to be able to link it to a google play account. I am unable to back up my blackberry due to an old IT policy on my phone. If I read this right, can I patch it on my phone using the GMAPS method? Without having to restore from backup?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 09:46 AM
    Question: I haven't patched any files yet. I have the latest version on my blackberry and would like to be able to link it to a google play account. I am unable to back up my blackberry due to an old IT policy on my phone. If I read this right, can I patch it on my phone using the GMAPS method? Without having to restore from backup?

Posted via CB10
    Not if you already have the July 1st Update of CoC installed. If you already have the dark spells update of Clash of Clans on your phone and you are unable to backup through Link, then you will have to wait for the next update to the game. When that happens, you will have to Stall and don't update the game. First thing you will have to do is acquire the next update apk file and do the GMAPS patch to it. Then, copy it to your phone's SD card, and install it like a regular update to Clash of Clans(So you won't have to Backup or uninstall anything), you will see the option to update when you open the patched apk. Then and only then, you will be able to link the Google+ account. So, to be clear, if you are on a PRE-July version of CoC, then you are good to go, get the apk, patch it with GMAPS and update your game. BUT, if you are already on the game's update, and you are unable to backup your phone, then you will definitely have to wait for a new update release to the game's apk. Cheers, hope the info helps!

07-04-15 10:02 AM
    Not if you already have the July 1st Update of CoC installed. If you already have the dark spells update of Clash of Clans on your phone and you are unable to backup through Link, then you will have to wait for the next update to the game. When that happens, you will have to Stall and don't update the game. First thing you will have to do is acquire the next update apk file and do the GMAPS patch to it. Then, copy it to your phone's SD card, and install it like a regular update to Clash of Clans(So you won't have to Backup or uninstall anything), you will see the option to update when you open the patched apk. Then and only then, you will be able to link the Google+ account. So, to be clear, if you are on a PRE-July version of CoC, then you are good to go, get the apk, patch it with GMAPS and update your game. BUT, if you are already on the game's update, and you are unable to backup your phone, then you will definitely have to wait for a new update release to the game's apk. Cheers, hope the info helps!

Oh ok thanks. So, just to be clear, gmaps is done on my computer? Then copy over to blackberry? Don't unistall anything. Now I just need to find where to download these files. Is Gmaps the only thing I need or do I have to install all the other cobalt stuff as well. If so, where do I find those files too. Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 10:06 AM
    Snap is telling me I have an update to Clash of Clans
    Clash of clans data-img_20150704_091750.png

Will your method work?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 10:18 AM
    Oh ok thanks. So, just to be clear, gmaps is done on my computer? Then copy over to blackberry? Don't unistall anything. Now I just need to find where to download these files. Is Gmaps the only thing I need or do I have to install all the other cobalt stuff as well. If so, where do I find those files too. Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it is done on your computer, and the download of the app file is done with GMAPS on your computer too, you will have to login on GMAPS as if you were loging in on Google Playstore with your Gmail account. And then pasting this line "com.supercell.clashofclans" without the quotes on the download apk box in GMAPS after you login with Gmail account. And before you can link your village you will need Cobalt's patched files from the Cobalt's official Google apps landing page thread here http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/ from that thread you will need to install on your phone the "BlackBerry Google ID" , "Google Settings", "Google account" and "Play Games". And you will have to open Google account and configure your Gmail account on it, open BlackBerry Google ID and select that Gmail account, then open Play Games and make sure it was configured and you are able to see your account on Play games. After doing that. You will be able to link your village in the GMAPS patched apk of Clash o Clans you will have after the next update to the game.

07-04-15 10:22 AM
    Snap is telling me I have an update to Clash of Clans
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150704_091750.png 
Views:	397 
Size:	392.7 KB 
ID:	360865

Will your method work?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but don't update on Snap. Use GMAPS and install the files I described on the post on top of this one, the ones from Cobalt's landing page thread. And you will be able to download that update directly to you computer with GMAPS, patch it, copy it to the SD card and update like a regular update!

07-04-15 10:25 AM
    Awesome thanks for all the help. I will have to create another Gmail account as the I use is already attached to another clash of clans account on my tablet.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 10:25 AM
    Yes, but don't update on Snap. Use GMAPS and install the files I described on the post on top of this one, the ones from Cobalt's landing page thread. And you will be able to download that update directly to you computer with GMAPS, patch it, copy it to the SD card and update like a regular update!

These are the files I downloaded. Does it matter what order they are installed? Do I need to create another Gmail account from my computer first? Thanks again

Clash of clans data-img_20150704_093933.png

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 10:40 AM
    Awesome thanks for all the help. I will have to create another Gmail account as the I use is already attached to another clash of clans account on my tablet.

Posted via CB10
    Sure mate! One thing though, you can configure that tablet account too on you're phones Google account manager and have BOTH villages on your phone. I do that, I have multiple CoC accounts.
    Clash of clans data-img_20150704_094315_edit.png

07-04-15 10:45 AM
    Sure mate! One thing though, you can configure that tablet account too on you're phones Google account manager and have BOTH villages on your phone. I do that, I have multiple CoC accounts.

Name:	IMG_20150704_094315_edit.png 
Views:	357 
Size:	228.8 KB 
ID:	360870

Does that work on the tablet too? I could play my BlackBerry account from my tablet? That would be awesome since the Q10 is a small screen

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 10:48 AM
    These are the files I downloaded. Does it matter what order they are installed? Do I need to create another Gmail account from my computer first? Thanks again

Name:	IMG_20150704_093933.png 
Views:	349 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	360869

Posted via CB10
    Yes, do create your Gmail account on your phone or computer, and No, just install all of them in whatever order, and then open BlackBerry Google ID manager first. Add that new gmail account you created on it. And then run Play Games to make sure it's working. Then patch with Gmaps, update your game and link it.

07-04-15 10:49 AM
    Yes, do create your Gmail account o your phone or computer, and No, just install all of them as in whatever order, and then open BlackBerry Google ID manager first. Add that new gmail account you created on it. And the run Play tames to make sure it's working. Then patch with Gmaps and update your game and link it.

Thanks. I'll let you know how it works. Much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 10:51 AM
    Does that work on the tablet too? I could play my BlackBerry account from my tablet? That would be awesome since the Q10 is a small screen

Posted via CB10
    Yes, once you link it, you are free to use it on any tablet or phone that supports Google+ account. I personally linked it to my iPadmini since I like the bigger screen for games. But you can play with your Q10's village on your tablet once you link it. Just add the Gmail you linked it to, on the Tablet, and your good to go.

07-04-15 10:52 AM
    Random Double post appeared. Edited it out though. LoL
    07-04-15 10:55 AM
    Yes, once you link it, you are free to use it on any tablet or phone that supports Google+ account. I personally linked it to my iPadmini since I like the bigger screen for games. But you can play with your Q10's village on your tablet once you link it. Just add the Gmail you linked it to, on the Tablet, and your good to go.

Ok since I'm not a google genious. On my android tablet, is there a google account manager there too?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 11:20 AM
    Ok since I'm not a google genious. On my android tablet, is there a google account manager there too?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, just go to settings were you configured your first Gmail account and tap add a new account.

07-04-15 11:23 AM
    Did everything. Installed update. And then it asked to install again which I did. Now staring at black screen. Hopefully it's just taking awhile to load.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 11:56 AM
235 ... 56789 ...