Sorry I just lied! It works for me! I went to the Facebook page and had a look to see what others did. I just had to tap the sign in button like 10 times before it logged me in but I got so tap-happy I didn't get to read a message that appears when you first sign in. Any ideas what the message is?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 08:14 PM
    Nice one glad it works. Can't help on the message, been a long time since I saw it.

Posted by Passport on bb10 but not sure for how much longer!
    09-18-15 12:54 PM
    There appears to be another update to fix the temporary login failure.

Casper (third-party Snapchat app)-img_20150919_111236.png

ruhban likes this.
    09-19-15 05:15 AM
    Evil works fast.
    Casper (third-party Snapchat app)-img_20150920_200717.png

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 02:07 PM
    Evil works fast.
    That's a gross perversion of the word "evil."
    09-21-15 07:28 AM
    That's a gross perversion of the word "evil."
    Yeah, bit harsh. Dicks would would probably be more appropriate. There was a perfectly good working version for BlackBerry that Snapchat decided to ban even though as far as I'm aware hasn't been compromised in any way so they could have left us with it.

We're also using old android versions of eBay, Flickr and Skype without issue so why ban it?

09-22-15 01:40 PM
    Yeah, bit harsh. Dicks would would probably be more appropriate. There was a perfectly good working version for BlackBerry that Snapchat decided to ban even though as far as I'm aware hasn't been compromised in any way so they could have left us with it.

We're also using old android versions of eBay, Flickr and Skype without issue so why ban it?
    Because it was third-party Snapchat clients that caused the Snappening, and they want to remain in business.
    09-22-15 02:06 PM
    Because it was third-party Snapchat clients that caused the Snappening, and they want to remain in business.
    You're missing the point. I appreciate SC stance on using third party and if they would give me the choice I wouldn't. The point being there was an official working SC version for Blackberry but they banned it. They could have left this version working if they wanted to. They already know what device you are using.

Tapatalk On Blackberry PlayBook
    09-22-15 04:31 PM
    Apparently the concept has not reached some of you, or you are consciously ignoring the "fact" that Snapchat does not want to support BlackBerry, and no amount of willing it not to be so, is going to change this "fact". It has nothing to do with user base, it has to do with the biases of the owners of Snapchat that don't like BlackBerry. If they are making their millions with their current user base in Android and iOS, and have a bias against BlackBerry, why would they do anything to let BlackBerry in? In fact, it wouldn't even surprise me if they block BlackBerry devices running official Android from using the official Snapchat app.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    09-22-15 06:54 PM

Ok. Keep living in your little persecuted fantasy land. The rest of the world will move on without you.
    09-22-15 07:39 PM

Ok. Keep living in your little persecuted fantasy land. The rest of the world will move on without you.
    Uhm, yeah. How about I'll live in reality, and you can continue in a fantasy world. Show me even a shred of evidence to the contrary to what I have stated, and maybe I'll change my mind. Luckily, I couldn't care less about Snapchat, so am actually happy that it doesn't support BlackBerry.

09-22-15 08:00 PM
    Uhm, yeah. How about I'll live in reality, and you can continue in a fantasy world. Show me even a shred of evidence to the contrary to what I have stated, and maybe I'll change my mind.
    That's not how debate works. You're the one making up wild conspiracy theories about a supposed vendetta that Snapchat has against Blackberry. You need to present evidence of your claims.

Snapchat goes out of its way to block third party clients on all platforms, not just Blackberry. Blackberry's userbase is minuscule, and software development and maintenance costs money. It's simply not worth it for Snapchat to develop and maintain software for 0.3% of smartphone users. To think otherwise is just delusional.
    bibbula likes this.
    09-22-15 09:05 PM
    That's not how debate works. You're the one making up wild conspiracy theories about a supposed vendetta that Snapchat has against Blackberry. You need to present evidence of your claims.

Snapchat goes out of its way to block third party clients on all platforms, not just Blackberry. Blackberry's userbase is minuscule, and software development and maintenance costs money. It's simply not worth it for Snapchat to develop and maintain software for 0.3% of smartphone users. To think otherwise is just delusional.
    Well then how about explaining why they are expending so much time and effort, which by the way also costs money, to block BlackBerry users from even using their official Android app. I mean first it was implementing Google Services dependency, which blocked us from using the most up-to-date apps, then when users started seeking out older apks, they somehow made it so we couldn't use those either without modifying them. Then they changed their policy so as to not allow users to use modified apps. What the heck else is an intelligent person supposed to think is going on?

ruhban likes this.
    09-23-15 08:10 AM
    Well then how about explaining why they are expending so much time and effort, which by the way also costs money, to block BlackBerry users from even using their official Android app. I mean first it was implementing Google Services dependency, which blocked us from using the most up-to-date apps, then when users started seeking out older apks, they somehow made it so we couldn't use those either without modifying them. Then they changed their policy so as to not allow users to use modified apps. What the heck else is an intelligent person supposed to think is going on?
    That Snapchat is trying desperately to keep their platform secure by locking out any unauthorized or modified apps, and that none of this is specifically targeting Blackberry uses. You just happen to be caught in the crossfire, since Snapchat doesn't want to also expend additional money to develop a Blackberry version to satisfy an insignificant number of users.
    09-23-15 10:30 AM
    There is an obvious reason why Snpchat is blocked on BlackBerry devices. It is because the device supports instant screenshooting, which can't be disabled by an app. If you receive a Snap, you can simply press volume + and - to snapshot the screen content.

This feature makes the whole idea of Snapchat obsolet.
    09-23-15 05:53 PM
    There is an obvious reason why Snpchat is blocked on BlackBerry devices. It is because the device supports instant screenshooting, which can't be disabled by an app. If you receive a Snap, you can simply press volume + and - to snapshot the screen content.

This feature makes the whole idea of Snapchat obsolet.
    Finally someone makes a comment that makes a shred of sense. Thanks Cobalt232. I mean Snapchat clearly must have spent more money by now trying to block BlackBerry than what it would have cost to build a native BlackBerry app. There had to be another reason than just $. This is the first reason that makes sense. I never actually considered this. This of course doesn't explain why Snapchat doesn't support Windows phone, but it seems a viable reason why we'll never see it coming out for BlackBerry unless they come up with a way to disable that function.

09-24-15 07:50 AM
    3 days ago it happened that I can't send, or see any snap, but I can see histories and receive them.... anybody with the same problem???
    09-28-15 09:05 PM
    That means they've blocked you. Check the email you signed up with to see if they've sent you a notification.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 03:01 AM
    But everybody keep saying that you can use it while being Banned/Locked... I received a locked email long time ago but not banned.. I'm tired of this snapchat team.. they keep ruining everything

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 01:43 PM
    You can only still use it when banned if you change your password.

09-29-15 03:14 PM
    Finally someone makes a comment that makes a shred of sense. Thanks Cobalt232. I mean Snapchat clearly must have spent more money by now trying to block BlackBerry than what it would have cost to build a native BlackBerry app. There had to be another reason than just $. This is the first reason that makes sense. I never actually considered this. This of course doesn't explain why Snapchat doesn't support Windows phone, but it seems a viable reason why we'll never see it coming out for BlackBerry unless they come up with a way to disable that function.

I dont see why you think this makes sense!
    Even in ios devices they still can screenshooting then you can see if someone did a screen shot . So its not only can be done with a BlackBerry phone. Then that not their reason after all.

I believe in that "they are just being jerk" theory, it makes all the sense!

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    10-11-15 12:28 AM
    I dont see why you think this makes sense!
    Even in ios devices they still can screenshooting then you can see if someone did a screen shot . So its not only can be done with a BlackBerry phone. Then that not their reason after all.

I believe in that "they are just being jerk" theory, it makes all the sense!

Posted via CB10
    Yes. I know you can do screen shots on other devices, but I don't believe that the ability to do so is built in to the OS and hardware like it is in BlackBerry 10. I think you have to install an app to do that on other systems.

10-11-15 08:50 AM
    Or, get an android or iPhone......

I'm personally fed up with all the workarounds when ios or android just downloads the app and they are good to go.

Tired of jumping through all these hoops to get an app to work.

Counting the days until my upgrade!

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    Did you ever get that android or iPhone? Lol

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-11-15 06:07 PM
    Yes. I know you can do screen shots on other devices, but I don't believe that the ability to do so is built in to the OS and hardware like it is in BlackBerry 10. I think you have to install an app to do that on other systems.

Nope. You hit the power and home button on iPhone and some type of button/hand motion on androids. Screenshots are baked into pretty much all os's at this point.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-11-15 06:10 PM

They have that without apps. I know about HTC phones and sony Xperia, any ios device is just like emanuel mentioned above.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 06:43 AM
420 ... 1213141516 ...