Totally agree with you on all points however, I think the vast majority of people using 3 Rd party apps on both BlackBerry and windows phones would much rather just have a working version that wouldn't save snaps as long as it is allowed by snapchat to run.

The best way to solve this security issue is to make an official Snapchat client for those platforms or at least port a version over for BlackBerry. We all know we can get round the Google services issue using cobalts method so really if SC stopped putting so much effort into preventing these working and banning people for trying then problem solved.

If they want to ban people for using third party when there is an official version, that's fair enough. There will always be third party versions until no doubt sc ban your device. Bewilder me why they put so much effort into stopping end users using their app! That is surely what app developers want.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think in this case it has anything to do with what the app developers want. It has to do with what the company Snapchat wants. I'm sure that the company's development team is under directions to Block BlackBerry and Windows from using even their official app, because they don't like BlackBerry, never have, and they're pricks. It would cost them nothing to simply allow BlackBerry users to use their official Android app, but no, they're going to block us from that too, even though it would be a simple port over to BBW.

Rock'n the most Awesomest Z30!
    07-13-15 10:05 AM
    "And they're pricks "

Amen to that brother.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 10:42 AM
    Does anyone knows why there is an issue with watching video on casper? Everything besides watching videos works perfectly!

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 06:53 AM
    Not sure bud. Videos work fine for me, I had a look through Liams Facebook page and there was something on there about videos that has been sent to you in a non standard codec which he couldn't decide yet. Maybe try getting someone else to send a snap video and see if that works. If so maybe codec issue.

On a side note, Liam has also warned against updating the latest version of Snapchat, apparently it has something in it that will grass you up. He's currently working on a fix for this.

The game of cat and mouse continues.

Casper (third-party Snapchat app)-img_20150714_171042.png

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 11:14 AM
    There is also mention that Snapchat may be calling home to verify which version you are using so if you are sending snaps to the server but the original app isn't calling home they know you are using 3rd party.

Could explain how some people who use the real snapchat on another device as well as Casper on BlackBerry aren't getting busted.

All speculation at the minute though.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 11:18 AM
    Thanks man for the info! And as you said, the cat and mouse game indeed continues.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 11:23 AM
    No problem, there was a typo in my previous post as well. Should have said codec he couldn't decode yet not "decide"

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 01:57 PM
    Wow they're going through a lot just to stop a few users. That's really sad of them.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 02:11 PM
    Wow they're going through a lot just to stop a few users. That's really sad of them.
    They're going through a lot to stop another major security breach. As a BlackBerry user, I would think you'd be sensitive to that.
    eldricho likes this.
    07-14-15 04:14 PM
    Sure is, although they will argue that they are doing it on the grounds of security. I wish I didn't have to get involved in it at all but I recently lost my daughter and wife to Apple, we used to be a Blackberry family. I tried to keep them by constantly slagging off all Apple products so there's no chance I'm going to admit hat I can't use Snapchat on my Blackberry Seems to be their app of choice at the momemt. Hopefully something else will come along that is Bb friendly and Snapchat will be old news but unfortunately it doesn't look that way for a while to come.

On the other hand I can't really blame Snapchat that much. I'm also a Linux user and there's no Blend for Linux for the exact same reason there's no Snapchat for Blackberry. It would be quite easy to get sc working mind you but that could also be said for Blend on Linux. Hey oh, its just a numbers game after all.

Tapatalk On Blackberry PlayBook
    07-14-15 04:26 PM
    I have issues changing font color on my q10 using Casper. Anyone know how to resolve this?
    This is all I can see.
    Casper (third-party Snapchat app)-img_20150714_191708.png

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 07:17 PM
    They're going through a lot to stop another major security breach. As a BlackBerry user, I would think you'd be sensitive to that.
    Nah I'm not a BlackBerry user for security. Actually our standard BlackBerry devices aren't any more secure than any other iOS or Android devices. Any of this real 'security' is gained through the use of the BES service, isn't it?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 12:43 PM
    Sure is, although they will argue that they are doing it on the grounds of security. I wish I didn't have to get involved in it at all but I recently lost my daughter and wife to Apple, we used to be a Blackberry family. I tried to keep them by constantly slagging off all Apple products so there's no chance I'm going to admit hat I can't use Snapchat on my Blackberry Seems to be their app of choice at the momemt. Hopefully something else will come along that is Bb friendly and Snapchat will be old news but unfortunately it doesn't look that way for a while to come.

On the other hand I can't really blame Snapchat that much. I'm also a Linux user and there's no Blend for Linux for the exact same reason there's no Snapchat for Blackberry. It would be quite easy to get sc working mind you but that could also be said for Blend on Linux. Hey oh, its just a numbers game after all.

Tapatalk On Blackberry PlayBook
    I suppose this is one of the main reasons we're seeing all of these Android Slider rumours. Let's hope the rest of your family members keep on the straight and narrow!

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 12:45 PM
    I have issues changing font color on my q10 using Casper. Anyone know how to resolve this?
    This is all I can see.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150714_191708.png 
Views:	1450 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	362524

Posted via CB10
    You sure that's text colour you're changing and not background. That's what I get when changing background. Click the pallet icon and you get choice of text or background.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 02:05 PM
    Nah I'm not a BlackBerry user for security. Actually our standard BlackBerry devices aren't any more secure than any other iOS or Android devices. Any of this real 'security' is gained through the use of the BES service, isn't it?

Posted via CB10
    Not so sure about that mate. Never been hacked and totally free from viruses as long as you use bb world. The os is checked from boot up by the hardware itself and you have the choice of not allowing apps certain access. On top of that the ability to run android apps which was to appease consumers is running sand boxed so it can't escape and do anything untoward to BB10 OS.

Given that, even without BES it's still a more secure phone than an Android imo. I would have liked BIS to have stayed for consumers though or even a light version of BES hat was affordable and consumer based but Thor ditched it. That extra layer was comforting.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 03:38 PM
    @ AWB70 Sorry my bad, that's what I get when I try to change the drawing color, I don't see the option to actually change color, know how I can solve this though?

Posted via CB10
    R7abb likes this.
    07-15-15 04:31 PM
    I am not understand what them talking about!! Speak bahasa, please

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 02:10 AM
    @ AWB70 Sorry my bad, that's what I get when I try to change the drawing color, I don't see the option to actually change color, know how I can solve this though?

Posted via CB10
    I get that too. But mine stuck to white.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 05:09 AM
    I am not understand what them talking about!! Speak bahasa, please

Posted via CB10
    Don't expect people on here to automatically know how to speak your language please!

Rock'n the most Awesomest Z30!
    07-16-15 07:46 AM
    Once you've took your snap click the paint pallet at the top.

Casper (third-party Snapchat app)-img_20150716_183235.png

Then click text and adjust the bgr sliders to whatever colour you want.

Casper (third-party Snapchat app)-img_20150716_183241.png

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 12:34 PM
    Casper (third-party Snapchat app)-img_20150716_181640.png
    But this is all I get

Casper (third-party Snapchat app)-img_20150716_181624.png

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 06:18 PM
    Ah OK, then you have a problem. Only thing I can suggest is deleting the app and trying a fresh install of the latest version in case some bits of bad stuff have been have been left from previous versions.

Pop in to liam Facebook and maybe ask there. He seems committed to the project.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 11:39 AM
    anyone else feel like its a bit laggy or sluggish? running on the passport?
    07-18-15 03:47 AM
    Mine is really slow, the app freezes each time I open it until the ad at the bottom is loaded. Sometimes it freezes the whole OS (not only the android runtime).
    Aaaand, videos take forever to download...

Z10 100-2 10.3.2.2204

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 06:48 PM
    Yeah, app is very slow

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    07-18-15 07:07 PM
420 ... 910111213 ...