This was the app I mentioned earlier on in the topic.

Posted via CB10
    It works so perfect with casper but sometimes it could take long just to upload a video to snapchat, which is why most of my snaps are pics, but on the upside. You could record long videos and capture special moments for snapchat

Z30 | 10.3.2
    07-01-15 04:30 PM
    Also see, BlackBerry getting out of the hardware market and another one was making another tablet. Seems if Chen doesn't flat out rule it out people perceive this has an intention to do it.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe a tablet will be BlackBerry's Android device. Given that the PlayBook is no longer supported, they could make an android tablet and still comply with OHA, and not have to touch existing BlackBerry 10 devices, because they're not tables!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 05:47 PM
    That has been done several times now, even through their own webpage that asks what the should build for next. Snapchat doesn't care. Windows users are in then same position and have done all the same things and they've still been ignored. The volume just isn't there.
    We should actually do something for Snapchat - anyone that cares about it anyway. We should all get to their Facebook page and attack!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 05:48 PM
    Can someone please point out the download file for the latest Casper apk? I've had a look throughout this thread but I can't find it.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 05:50 PM
    http://casper.io/

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    07-01-15 06:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 06:27 PM
    We should actually do something for Snapchat - anyone that cares about it anyway. We should all get to their Facebook page and attack!

Posted via CB10

Casper (third-party Snapchat app)-img_20150702_002810.png

Taking a quick look at the Casper Facebook page it has 14307 likes. I don't know what constitutes a worthwhile project for Snap chat but it's a good start. What about what B1aze mentioned about snapchat asking which OS to build for next? Can't say I've came across that before but if they're asking now would be the time to tell them.

Earlier someone said Liam, the dev for Casper was not going to be doing any big updates in future. Can't say I've seen that either but if true which I don't doubt because Snapchat actively hunts down and kills third party apps then it's doesn't bode well. I think Casper is getting away with it for a while because Liam re-builds it with the latest api version. Unless liam keeps this upto date then unfortunately SC only need to shutdown that version and force an update and that's an end to that. Unless liam is prepared to devote his life to this for free perhaps going down the route of an official fix has more legs in the long run.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 06:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Snapchat doesn't care. Plain and simple. People have been asking and requesting for months in various different ways... on top of that, they've got the same thing happening on the Windows Phone side. Money talks.
    07-01-15 07:22 PM
    Snapchat doesn't care. Plain and simple. People have been asking and requesting for months in various different ways... on top of that, they've got the same thing happening on the Windows Phone side. Money talks.
    I fear you're right Bla1ze. Like so many other things I've got involved with in these forums I suspect it will end in nothing and wish I hadn't wasted my time. Regarding money talking, it is an app I would pay for if needs be, I've paid good money for a lot worse apps.

Seems odd they should ask who to build for next if they are not going to act on it though, in fact, if anything they seem to be going the extra mile to prevent certain os from using it at all! They will be aware that a certain version will work on a BlackBerry which has happened on numerous occasions but then they seem to somehow block it. Borders on being a little bit suspicious to me.

Thanks to the likes of of Cobalt who seems to get some apps working by manipulating the Google services in our favour the latest version of SC seems to be working for the moment (for some people anyway) but we have to remember he doesn't work for BlackBerry at all. This tells me that if he could get it to work then someone at BlackBerry could improve or build on this to get this and others to work but their hands are being tied by both Google and Snapchat themselves.

Hmm, maybe it's time for a different approach. F Google and F Snapchat. They both need us more than we need them. Chen has the better and more grown up approach of offering BlackBerry stuff to others and wanting others to make all apps available to all.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 08:58 AM
    Hmm, maybe it's time for a different approach. F Google and F Snapchat. They both need us more than we need them.
    No, they really don't. They're both doing just fine without you.
    07-02-15 10:44 AM
    Yeah, I suppose you're right. Although the feelings quite mutual. I don't want anything Google related on my phone or anywhere really if I can help it. I cane into this to see if I could somehow help get it working after following other posts on the subject and getting pressure off my daughter to have it.

To be honest I have 5 friends on there. One of them is my wife who's only on it so she can nosey other people's stories I don't think I've actually sent a snap in over a week and haven't received one for even longer. Soon as my account gets busted again I'll probably just delete Casper.

Other than Snapchat I don't have any other apps that need g services, so I guess them needing me more than I need them is only marginal.

Soon there'll be another fad app and no doubt that won't work on BlackBerry either but ultimately I will still have my secure phone that does what I allow it to do and fits more into my way of life.

No big loss really, I'm more concerned with the direction of BlackBerry, at some point an app I really need will not be available and that will become a problem , although so far I haven't came across one which wasn't the case a few years ago. The app gap is closing...just slowly.

Posted via CB10
    R7abb likes this.
    07-02-15 04:41 PM
    I can't download my snaps on new version of casper

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 04:29 PM
    Hi all. I only have Casper / Snapchat to see what my son posts, otherwise have no use for it or have any other contacts. Well since loading Casper have been able to view his snaps but not his stories. Am I missing something or is that option not available. Only stories I see are from something (contact) that was added automatically with the download. I have no idea who they are.
    Thanks.
    Casper (third-party Snapchat app)-img_20150708_132057.png

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 12:22 PM
    Hi all. I only have Casper / Snapchat to see what my son posts, otherwise have no use for it or have any other contacts. Well since loading Casper have been able to view his snaps but not his stories. Am I missing something or is that option not available. Only stories I see are from something (contact) that was added automatically with the download. I have no idea who they are.
    Thanks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150708_132057.png 
Views:	499 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	361518

Posted via CB10
    He might not have any stories posted at the time you checked.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 05:42 PM
    Also the "friends" stories add themselves, as far as I know this also happens on original snapchat. To delete them press the menu button on the top left/ friend requests the using the Drop down menu next to the name on the right hit delete.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 05:53 PM
    Casper (third-party Snapchat app)-img_20150709_000403_edit.png

I got this message while using a 3rd party app on my iphone and all I did was change my password and im still able to log into the normal SC app. Am I missing something here?

Z30 | 10.3.2
    07-08-15 11:06 PM
    Apart from the fact that they're pr*cks

Posted via CB10
    Swave514 and AWB70 like this.
    07-09-15 12:01 AM
    Apart from the fact that they're pr*cks
    Or maybe they're trying to prevent another Snappening, maybe? Because that was the fault of a third-party service.
    07-09-15 06:49 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150709_000403_edit.png 
Views:	1097 
Size:	148.8 KB 
ID:	361599

I got this message while using a 3rd party app on my iphone and all I did was change my password and im still able to log into the normal SC app. Am I missing something here?

Z30 | 10.3.2
    I didn't get this email, but just got the first one, and was pretty quick in my opinion, only have had Casper for 2 days, how long after the first threat has it taken to receive this one?
    Keith

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 02:17 PM
    I didn't get this email, but just got the first one, and was pretty quick in my opinion, only have had Casper for 2 days, how long after the first threat has it taken to receive this one?
    Keith

Posted via CB10
    Pretty long i would say, but im coming off of blackberry using casper was when i first got a message and its because i was logging in and out of the app on iphone experimenting with it. Still working fine, chat and everything! I will report back if something bad happens, if u dont hear from me you'll know its still working
    07-09-15 05:05 PM
    Can't view my snaps lol

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    07-09-15 07:04 PM
    How do i use snapchat

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 09:23 PM
    Casper has just been updated to 1.2 using SC 9.11. I haven't had any problems or bans and I've been using it for some time now.
    Casper (third-party Snapchat app)-img_20150712_214209.png

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 03:43 PM
    Guys..

Snapchat is going after any user who uses any app with the ability to capture. This is why any app flagged as 3rd party is seeing users prohibited. Rather than search the world for such apps, it is easier to deny access to those using 3rd party apps.

Snapchat was made with the explicit purpose that snaps are deleted once viewed for their allotted time. The only way to protect that is to prevent 3rd party applications.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    07-12-15 04:28 PM
    Totally agree with you on all points however, I think the vast majority of people using 3 Rd party apps on both BlackBerry and windows phones would much rather just have a working version that wouldn't save snaps as long as it is allowed by snapchat to run.

The best way to solve this security issue is to make an official Snapchat client for those platforms or at least port a version over for BlackBerry. We all know we can get round the Google services issue using cobalts method so really if SC stopped putting so much effort into preventing these working and banning people for trying then problem solved.

If they want to ban people for using third party when there is an official version, that's fair enough. There will always be third party versions until no doubt sc ban your device. Bewilder me why they put so much effort into stopping end users using their app! That is surely what app developers want.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 09:34 AM
420 ... 89101112 ...