Does anyone's video recorder work on blackberry? On the casper app??

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 05:46 AM
    I don't think so bud. From what I gather you have to film it first then send it as a file.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 11:42 AM
    I can't seem to add people who are private. They don't see my friend request. And when they add me, they don't see my stories.

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    06-27-15 11:12 PM
    I cant check the snaps I receive. It says its deleted? Help

Posted via CB10
    I'm having the same issue...
    06-29-15 06:34 PM
    They're catching on to Casper... I'm locked out.
    06-29-15 06:37 PM
    I got the locked out notification email today, be careful

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 06:41 PM
    Does anyone have Snapchat from Google Play or Snap working?

Mine used to work. Now even the latest version doesn't work.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    06-29-15 07:27 PM
    Yeah I got the email also thankfully I have a backup iphone 5 now. it's still so frustrating!

Z30 | 10.3.2
    06-29-15 07:56 PM
    Does anyone have Snapchat from Google Play or Snap working?

Mine used to work. Now even the latest version doesn't work.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    Mine still works
    Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2204, but don't remember the Snapchat version. It was the first one (patched) that was reported working on this OS.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 07:56 PM
    They just caught me as well. This is so dumb.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 09:10 PM
    This was bound to happen sooner or later

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 07:22 AM
    This was bound to happen sooner or later

Posted via CB10
    No one wants to hear that though. We want our apps to work someway or another.

Z30 | 10.3.2
    06-30-15 10:56 AM
    No one wants to hear that though. We want our apps to work someway or another.
    There's an easy way to get your apps to work: use them on a supported platform.

I know, not the answer you were looking for, but it's really the only rational answer, here.
    oldsoul123 likes this.
    06-30-15 12:25 PM
    I have to disagree with that. The terms of Snapchat are that you have to use their software and not a third party. Time and time again workarounds have been used to enable blackberry users to use their official app. Snapchat then goes on to block that version.

I can see the point that snapchat obviously doesn't want people using old versions for security reasons but the simple answer would be for them to allow it in special circumstances with a disclaimer that it might not be safe. They already know which device you are using so they could in theory allow prolonged use of an old version for BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 02:46 PM
    There's an easy way to get your apps to work: use them on a supported platform.

I know, not the answer you were looking for, but it's really the only rational answer, here.
    I didn't need an answer at all lmao. I just want my apps to work. And I already have a secondary iphone. I think I said that before.

Z30 | 10.3.2
    06-30-15 03:45 PM
    I didn't need an answer at all lmao. I just want my apps to work. And I already have a secondary iphone. I think I said that before.
    So you did. A mere 5 posts before mine My bad
    Swave514 likes this.
    06-30-15 05:14 PM
    So you did. A mere 5 posts before mine My bad
    Haha it's alright!

Z30 | 10.3.2
    06-30-15 06:21 PM
    The big talking point at the moment is whether or not BlackBerry should have an Android based phone. Although the majority of users voted against in the poll crackberry setup there were a significant amount of people who said why not, they would still buy a BlackBerry running android. Makes me wonder how much different the poll would have been if we had full access to Google store?

It's an age old argument that has been on going since I started using BlackBerry many moons ago. Back in the day I remember Alec Saunders was the man given the unenviable task of convincing devs to make native apps. Seems to me that after many failed attempts to get major app developers to build for BlackBerry, probably because of the reliance on google services, that BlackBerry are now considering throwing the baby out with the bath water.

If BlackBerry could get all major apps over on to the os everyone would have the best of both worlds and devices would sell...more app devs would want to build for this market share...money talks.

However, if you believe any of the rumours BlackBerry seem to be contradicting themselves on every throw of the dice. It wouldn't do any harm for BlackBerry to set a clear strategy in motion and stick with that. Clearly what everyone wants from their device is the work/play ethos route that they were going down where personal and work stuff were separated. Users want a secure device that they can play on with all the latest apps.

Firstly it was not building hardware and concentrate on software. Then they bring out a new range of devices. Then they are not bothered about apps and consumers and more into enterprise customers. Now they are pandering to consumers by considering putting android onto a BlackBerry device!

The sooner they get a clear direction and stop jumping from one extreme to the other people would have more confidence in buying a device. I truly believe that sorting out the whole app situation would solve all this uncertainty once and for all.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 07:00 PM
    It is likely that if BlackBerry goes to "an" Android device, it will not be the official Google Android, but will likely be an Android branch OS, and as such will not likely have any more luck with Snapchat than BlackBerry 10, because it won't be a part of the OHA. If it were then we'd all have to say bye-bye to our Android runtime.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 08:08 PM
    Casper has stopped sending notifications to the hub and has also stopped me being able to play videos. I'm able to send and receive snaps, also view photo snaps.

From looking at Liams fb page I don't think he will continue work on Casper and only release minor updates. My issues may be due to the fact I've recently updated to a higher build of leaked OS updates.

I can use normal snapchat APK, I don't like the official one as it's got so many restrictions in comparison to the third party clients. For now I'm not gonna hold out on hope for snap but instead use IM clients that don't penalise blackberry users

Q10 - 10.3.2.2339/SR .2226  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    07-01-15 07:08 AM
    It is likely that if BlackBerry goes to "an" Android device, it will not be the official Google Android, but will likely be an Android branch OS, and as such will not likely have any more luck with Snapchat than BlackBerry 10, because it won't be a part of the OHA. If it were then we'd all have to say bye-bye to our Android runtime.

Posted via CB10
    That is even worse imo, I can't see the attraction of that device to either end user. Fair enough Chen is probably not ruling out anything to do with anything at the moment and keeping all his options open. Probably trying to work out the way forward to future profitability but the uncertainty is what is putting people off buying devices.

How many people do you see posting about whether or not it's worth getting a BlackBerry because they hear it's getting scrapped in favour of an android flavour? Probably something that isn't going to happen but the fire started by Chen by saying "if he could secure an android device he wouldn't rule it out" which to be fair was a bit of a throw away comment then fuelled by the likes of Crackberry saying BlackBerry could make an Android device as a scoop on a slow news day. This then somehow got linked to the up coming Slider for whatever reason and the net result is after years of BlackBerry users hoping that BlackBerry would bring out a slider something like the 9800 range with the best of both worlds, ie physical keyboard combined with more screen real estate and this is now being tarnished with the possibility false assumption that it may be running some version of Android putting off people from waiting to see.

If the app gap was natively closed the rest of the rumours would pale into insignificance and BlackBerry could concentrate on making blackberries for a profit. Wouldn't do any harm to wave some dollars in front of some of the bigger much requested apps. I for one would quite happily pay for some apps that weren't available through blackberry world even if they were free on other os purely because I'd rather have a BlackBerry that could run them.

Won't happen though, every time this gets raised their stock answer seems to be, " we're not focusing on the consumer market "

Same old, same old.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 01:14 PM
    Also see, BlackBerry getting out of the hardware market and another one was making another tablet. Seems if Chen doesn't flat out rule it out people perceive this has an intention to do it.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 01:17 PM
    ur video must be only 4 to 5 seconds

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 01:29 PM
    Anyone who wants to upload their video snap to casper, use VidTrim in google play so you could transcode it into a smaller size

Z30 | 10.3.1.2708
    This was the app I mentioned earlier on in the topic.

Posted via CB10
    Swave514 likes this.
    07-01-15 02:50 PM
    Out of curiosity, is anyone aware of a Native video shrinking app to send in messages?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 03:43 PM
420 ... 7891011 ...