I am almost sure that no one else has this .apk installed on OS10 but can someone help me to try and see if its possible to get it working? It just says "Unable to install this app" when I try to install it.

I got it from the Google play store and running on Passport 10.3.0.908

Thanks!
    10-27-14 12:10 PM
    Can not find it. Please post a link.

A proud supporter of the NRA
    10-27-14 01:42 PM
    Can not find it. Please post a link.

A proud supporter of the NRA
    Here is a link to the free version.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ctorlite&hl=en

99% sure that will NEVER work on BB10 as it attempts to replace the device lock system, or at least hook into it, which BlackBerry would never allow, nor should they.
    mehboob_g0300 and tuxedo323 like this.
    10-27-14 02:51 PM
    Here is the link below. A totally different program than what MobileMoadness002 above posted.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gust.app&hl=en
    10-27-14 04:21 PM
    Crud. . I just checked the reviews for your link, seems a few people are having issues with it as well. They are using android though. Sorry for the wrong link earlier. Hope you find a resolution.
    10-27-14 05:33 PM
    I don't think that Bluetooth is accessible yet on the bb for Android applications.
    Attached Thumbnails Can someone help me install August Smart Lock Android .apk?-uploadfromtaptalk1414449341510.jpg  
    Daytona123 likes this.
    10-27-14 05:35 PM
    I don't think that Bluetooth is accessible yet on the bb for Android applications.
    Yes it is, use it to control the eq on my bluetooth headphones through an app, also use an app that connects to a blood pressure monitor through BT. Bluetooth works, both apps downloaded through snap.
    10-27-14 07:20 PM
    Slightly of topic. I need a new cb classification. CB-Derp. If i answer anymore topics regarding os 10.3.1.xxx just tell me wrong. I think i will get that z30 tomorrow or thursday. My level of duh is getting too high. Thank you for educating me on the bt.
    10-27-14 07:26 PM
    Here is the link below. A totally different program than what MobileMoadness002 above posted.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gust.app&hl=en
    It may have to do with the minimum android sdk required. If you can upload the apk to a file sharing site I can see if there's a way around it (though that restriction I'm sure exists for a very good reason).
    10-28-14 04:48 PM
    Thank you for trying to help, below is the link to the .apk

http://we.tl/CMP377XiZG
    10-28-14 08:07 PM
    Thank you for trying to help, below is the link to the .apk

http://we.tl/CMP377XiZG
    No problem...So I did some amateur patch work:

1. Modified the minSdkVersion = 18 (jellybean)
    The app originally was set to 19 (kitkat), so I can't guarantee that everything will work right, but it's worth a shot.

2. Patched the google play services dependency. To avoid any unexpected "google play services required" errors, you'll also need to install the patched google play services 5.0.89 apk cobalt kindly provided in this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

3. Tried to remove some extra protection that detects "tampered" apk files for google play services. Not sure if it'll make any difference, but the protection is tied to location and geofencing.

I've installed the apk, and ran it (but didn't sign in or anything) and it at least starts up. Give it a shot, and let us know how it goes! I've been looking at getting one of these for awhile, and would be curious to hear how the lock works with a hacked up apk on a blackberry 10 device.

https://app.box.com/s/1nkz3dl1afuffnv9wn2h
    sargodian2 and overhere like this.
    10-29-14 01:13 AM
    :O :O :O Sally It works!!! OMG thank you soooo much!

I installed the .apk without installing the patched google play services 5.0.89 and it didn't complain once about "google play services required" so I will probably leave it uninstalled for now.

1. August says that it is needs kitkit 4.4 to run but I guess it works without it! (August Smart Lock)
    2. It does require Bluetooth v4.0 LE though so it might not work if your phone doesn't support it.
    3. Is this something that I can do myself for whenever they update the android app and I need to update mine?

I would highly recommend the August smart lock, it works flawlessly for me, I bought it from the Apple store for $249.99. I carry two phones daily (Passport & iPhone 6 Plus) but now if I don't feel like taking 2 everywhere at night I can just bring my Passport now! You have seriously made my life easier!

I don't use the everlock feature (locks after 30secs after you leave your house based on geofencing) or the auto-unlock feature when you come close to your property the lock unlocks, so I can't say for now if those work.
    10-29-14 06:58 AM
    Any more findings on this door lock running on Passport? I'm thinking of getting this lock and want to know what to expect.

Thanks.
    11-26-14 02:49 AM
    I've had my pre order in for months now. Can't even remember when I first ordered it's been so long. Sadly they won't ship to Canada yet so I'm still waiting. I would be very interested in knowing how the lock is working with the Passport as well. They have said all along that eventually they will support Blackberry and Windows Phone, so hopefully there's not much of a wait for that.

Lately I've been looking at the Danalock because they have a version that will work with my SmartThings setup, but they make no representation of future support for Blackberry that I can find.
    11-26-14 03:54 AM
    Thx. FYI if shipping into Canada is an issue, you can check into a US based package forwarding service. I use one just 30 min drive across the border to pick up my items. But there are some that re-ship cross border.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 10:31 AM
    Is this something that I can do myself for whenever they update the android app and I need to update mine?
    Hi Brit6,

I didn't forget about you .

With the help of cobalt232 we now have the appropriate patches built into his "gmaps patcher" application, so that you can patch any upcoming versions of the apk on your own. Check out his thread here, which has a download link to the utility, as well as the patched Google play services apk which I believe is required should you choose to test out the geofencing capabilities.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=914930
    12-01-14 09:57 PM
    Im using the latest gmaps patcher on osx and the apk it produces for the latest version of this apk fails to install on the device(passport) any ideas?
    12-19-14 10:36 PM
    Actually i found the issue its because of the minsdkversion set to 19... the patcher does not automaticlaly change it to 18 .
    12-19-14 10:51 PM
    The only version of cobalt's patcher that has what's required for august smart lock patching is the windows version... so yeah, the osx patcher won't do the trick. If you post the original apk, I can patch it for you and post it.
    12-19-14 10:52 PM
    Actually i found the issue its because of the minsdkversion set to 19... the patcher does not automaticlaly change it to 18 .
    Yup. That check is only in the windows version of the patcher.
    12-19-14 11:55 PM

I've installed the apk, and ran it (but didn't sign in or anything) and it at least starts up. Give it a shot, and let us know how it goes! I've been looking at getting one of these for awhile, and would be curious to hear how the lock works with a hacked up apk on a blackberry 10 device.

https://app.box.com/s/1nkz3dl1afuffnv9wn2h
    Your modified app works great! Thanks for that.

August Smart Lock successfully working on Blackberry Passport 10.3.0.908
    Calibration went smoothly with BB and geofencing works a treat. Now I just need SmartThings Hub v2 to be released so it's actually connected to the house.
    12-29-14 03:15 PM
    Hi, I have tried all I can find to get my z10 to run the August app. Can't download it from the google store and when I try to install the download it can't run it. The app icon shows up but will not open just crashes when I try to open it.

Any help please.
    01-02-15 12:24 PM
    Hi, I have tried all I can find to get my z10 to run the August app. Can't download it from the google store and when I try to install the download it can't run it. The app icon shows up but will not open just crashes when I try to open it.

Any help please.
    What os are you on?
    01-03-15 06:36 AM
    Your modified app works great! Thanks for that.

August Smart Lock successfully working on Blackberry Passport 10.3.0.908
    Calibration went smoothly with BB and geofencing works a treat. Now I just need SmartThings Hub v2 to be released so it's actually connected to the house.
    Any word on if these door lock hardware will be available in Canada?
    Got the modified app installed on my Passport.

This Passport takes me places!
    01-15-15 05:13 PM
    They started shipping to Canada in late December. August.com to order.

CB10 via Passport Swiping
    01-17-15 02:52 PM
111 123 ...