I tried wifi-direct to share some photos with one of the android phone. I have a BlackBerry Leap on 10.3.3.3216. It got connected promptly but it is showing some security by an icon of a lock same as the one in hotspot. Where do I find this password or if at all, there's any password or it's due to the android and BlackBerry incompatibility?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-20 05:23 AM
    To transfer data/pics between an android device and your Leap via wifi you would need to use an app in each device such as Dukto. There is a BBW version and the android can search Google Play for android version. Pretty sure you cannot use wifi direct for each device (could be wrong about that!).

I just use the BlueTooth function for each of my devices. ie Android to Passport. It's slow but never fails for me.
    NITIN2468 likes this.
    06-13-20 08:38 AM
    Actually Dukto was okay till few weeks of its usage but later on it limited the use like I can send something via Dukto but cannot receive something. I don't know why

Posted via CB10
    06-13-20 11:44 PM
    Actually Dukto was okay till few weeks of its usage but later on it limited the use like I can send something via Dukto but cannot receive something. I don't know why

Posted via CB10
    Ah you are correct about Dukto. Haven't used it for quite some time and just now tried to transfer a song from my android to my Passport. Would not work. Transferring from Passport to android, as you have stated, does work. I'm going to look into this further when I get some time.
    06-14-20 09:43 AM
    Yes please have a look into it. It is helpful with wireless sharing in pc as well

Posted via CB10
    06-14-20 11:01 AM
    Share it works on pc, windows mobile and android device I think I hare to send files from wifi but not impossible
    06-14-20 12:29 PM
    Yes please have a look into it. It is helpful with wireless sharing in pc as well

Posted via CB10
    Hmnn - tried a number of things and it's a no go from my Passport to any android device. I can transfer quickly and flawlessly to my Windows 10 laptop with the Microsoft Dukto app installed but as you say, the android transfer is broken. I've tried older android apk's and also (since BBW Dukto is just an android port) I have tried the newer android apk on my Passport (which installs and works fine otherwise). I'm stumped since nothing (that I know of) has changed since I last used it. I may keep looking but that's it for now.
    06-14-20 12:49 PM
    Hmnn - tried a number of things and it's a no go from my Passport to any android device. I can transfer quickly and flawlessly to my Windows 10 laptop with the Microsoft Dukto app installed but as you say, the android transfer is broken. I've tried older android apk's and also (since BBW Dukto is just an android port) I have tried the newer android apk on my Passport (which installs and works fine otherwise). I'm stumped since nothing (that I know of) has changed since I last used it. I may keep looking but that's it for now.
    Love that app but find the BB10 phone's screen needs to stay on ,otherwise the transfer fails. Is that your experience, Brookie?
    06-14-20 01:43 PM
    Love that app but find the BB10 phone's screen needs to stay on ,otherwise the transfer fails. Is that your experience, Brookie?
    No - I thought of that but it still does not work. The Passport Dukto app will transfer just fine to the android phone but for some reason the reverse just won't work.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    06-14-20 01:50 PM
    No. The case applies to android, my brother experience trouble if the screen turns off while the transfer but I never had that problem, I have transferred GB's of data with screen turned off.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-20 04:44 AM
    No - I thought of that but it still does not work. The Passport Dukto app will transfer just fine to the android phone but for some reason the reverse just won't work.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, I have a solution to this but it's sort of over-adjusting. There's another transfer facility available on BlackBerry World called SFT - Swift File Transfer. But you will have to keep both the apps installed as the SFT does the reverse stuff that Dukto doesn't. You can receive files from android with its help but you won't be able to send as far as I know. But it's an android port, so it lags and crashes if you turn on hotspot at the wrong time even if it's an android phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-20 04:48 AM
    You could try an http server if you are both on the same wifi. Androids Termux will run a python or node http server really quickly, just zip your files up first. I usually use nodejs ecstatic, http-server

Posted via CB10
    06-15-20 05:01 AM
    You could try an http server if you are both on the same wifi. Androids Termux will run a python or node http server really quickly, just zip your files up first. I usually use nodejs ecstatic, http-server

Posted via CB10
    I don't have that technical literacy, I am sure of encountering errs during my tries. I am more tamed of video tutorials. Could you make a video and publish it on YouTube or send me through a way/method at your leisure or if there's already any, send me it's address?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-20 06:53 AM
    Termux

download this app

first setup termux's permisson to enumerate user storage:

$ termux-setup-storage

you will want some software libraries

$ pkg install git -y

I chose nodejs for a backend, type :

$ pkg install nodejs -y

a good static file server for your blackberry to eventually visit:

$ npm i -g http-server

if installed to global, run this in any directory:

$ http-server

image below is the android running ecstatic @ ~/, and it has seen my classic connect from the web browser.

Can I use wifi-direct as an option to share data with an android device?-screenshot_20200615-051503.png

image below is my classic visiting the android

Can I use wifi-direct as an option to share data with an android device?-img_20200615_045947.png
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 10-21-20 at 11:55 PM.
    06-15-20 08:10 AM
    @Gordo inc,
    You can create a server easier.

This is the same program from the same developer from BBW. But only the developer abandoned her support in the BBW.
    Premium version unlocked.
    The application, unlike many others, supports the operation of a memory card on high-end Android devices.
    Using this method, you also can transfer files from\to earlier Blackberry devices.
    - Install - WiFi File Explorer 1.13.3 Pro.
    - Enter the proposed address on another device and get a full-fledged browser file manager.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-15-20 08:42 AM
    Actually, I have a solution to this but it's sort of over-adjusting. There's another transfer facility available on BlackBerry World called SFT - Swift File Transfer. But you will have to keep both the apps installed as the SFT does the reverse stuff that Dukto doesn't. You can receive files from android with its help but you won't be able to send as far as I know. But it's an android port, so it lags and crashes if you turn on hotspot at the wrong time even if it's an android phone.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I had checked that out previously as well. As I've said before, I hadn't used Dukto for ages but I have used BlueTooth for the odd picture or small file transfer. I'll continue to use that, I guess. SFT is just too slow loading and you are correct - it will crash fairly often.
    06-15-20 08:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    Buddy I've spotted the error here. Dukto is unable to work due to some internal signature lost for storage location (the specific folder).
    Open Dukto and then change the storage folder, once you've done it, try receiving any file and if it's successful (which is sure since I've witnessed it) you can change the location to its former one or any other.
    Hit me up again if it helps you.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    06-25-20 04:59 AM
    Buddy I've spotted the error here. Dukto is unable to work due to some internal signature lost for storage location (the specific folder).
    Open Dukto and then change the storage folder, once you've done it, try receiving any file and if it's successful (which is sure since I've witnessed it) you can change the location to its former one or any other.
    Hit me up again if it helps you.

Posted via CB10
    Yes - good work! I've changed the storage folder on the BB10 app to "device" from "sd Card" and that did the trick. My storage folder on the Passport Dukto app is now "/shared/downloads/Dukto Transfers" and everything works well.
    06-25-20 11:08 AM
    Yes - good work! I've changed the storage folder on the BB10 app to "device" from "sd Card" and that did the trick. My storage folder on the Passport Dukto app is now "/shared/downloads/Dukto Transfers" and everything works well.
    Yeah... I tried a couple of things and got successful when I changed the location of the storage folder.
    Just in case, you can again change the destination to SD card or it's previous location as I've tried it too, it works. Once you've changed the folder, you can set it to anywhere afterwards.
    Do you use BBM though? If yes, this is my pin. 2C1F3C4F

Posted via CB10
    06-26-20 05:36 AM
    Do you use BBM though?
    No, not anymore. Thanks though.
    06-26-20 08:38 AM