Is there any way to save my progress from temple run 2 and subway surfer before wiping the device and installing the latest leak 10.2.1.1055? I want to load my last progress to the latest leak after installing the apk files of those games .
    Thank you

Posted via My Black BlackBerry Zed-10
    11-15-13 10:11 PM
    Worked for me:
    do your backup and then load the 1055, then when your finished, install subway surfers etc..then restore backup, don't restore backup before installing the android apps
    11-15-13 10:24 PM
    Restoring after installing those apk files means installing the previously installed bar on top of the apk files or...?

11-15-13 10:47 PM
    Restoring after installing those apk files means installing the previously installed bar on top of the apk files or...?

It shouldn't mean that, should just work lol

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 12:13 PM
    Worked for me:
    do your backup and then load the 1055, then when your finished, install subway surfers etc..then restore backup, don't restore backup before installing the android apps
    Didn't work for me. Backed up, installed the new OS, went through the tutorials, installed the apks as soon as I got control of the phone again, then I restored the data. All the apps I had on the phone before the new OS were there except for the apks. They were gone, along with any saved data.
    11-16-13 03:40 PM
    This OS is a special case in that I was not able to restore any Android app data. Upon restoring, all sideloaded .apks (and .apks installed through the new File Manager method) disappeared from the home screen, and File Manager was no longer able to install them. I had to wipe and start over, restore my app data first, then load the .apks. None of the Android data survived, but to me, that was just saved login info - no games.
    11-16-13 03:57 PM
    It shouldn't mean that, should just work lol

Posted via CB10
    I think it didn't work for bravo and nextlevel?

11-16-13 07:48 PM
    Worked for me but I installed bars like usual not apks
    11-16-13 08:17 PM
    I think it didn't work for bravo and nextlevel?

No. It didn't work for me when I installed the apks and restored. In fact it just completely removed the apps that I installed via apk.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 08:35 PM
    No. It didn't work for me when I installed the apks and restored. In fact it just completely removed the apps that I installed via apk.

Posted via CB10
    I'm glad I didn't attempt it that way lol I was weary about that happening
    11-16-13 08:54 PM
    So there is no solution to this? I'll lose my subway surfer high score :'( :P

11-17-13 03:45 AM
    And that is why we still need native apps... I just lost my Zombie Tsunami game progress ;'(

Posted via Z30 (STA100-2 | 10.2.1.1055) Powered by Globe Philippines
    11-17-13 03:49 AM
    And that is why we still need native apps... I just lost my Zombie Tsunami game progress ;'(

Posted via Z30 (STA100-2 | 10.2.1.1055) Powered by Globe Philippines
    Restores have worked properly on every official OS I've tried it on. Load the Android apps before restoring Application Data via Link.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    11-17-13 04:45 AM
    Side loading the apps first then restoring the app data only seems to work IF you are still using the converted BARs as opposed to installing APKs.
    I'm still using BARs cuz I didn't want to risk losing it all, as I had a feeling that would happen. I'm only install APKs of minor things that don't have game progress on device to save.

I also found using 1 mobile market, it will tell you when there is an update for apps, even in BAR format, however, it will give error message if you try cuz of the fact that it is a BAR and not APK (a lil off topic, but still good to know lol)
    jevinzac and nextlevel88 like this.
    11-17-13 01:09 PM
    I may re-restore. I had so many stars in Plants vs. Zombies 2.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 01:30 PM
    Side loading the apps first then restoring the app data only seems to work IF you are still using the converted BARs as opposed to installing APKs.
    I'm still using BARs cuz I didn't want to risk losing it all, as I had a feeling that would happen. I'm only install APKs of minor things that don't have game progress on device to save.

I also found using 1 mobile market, it will tell you when there is an update for apps, even in BAR format, however, it will give error message if you try cuz of the fact that it is a BAR and not APK (a lil off topic, but still good to know lol)
    Okay, thanks for the info

Yeah I know I had it installed a few months back and it detected updates for all my Android apps evan the ones installed from BlackBerry World! I evan created a thread for informing CB members about this!

11-17-13 10:41 PM

I restored again using the same backup data after installing the same apps with the .bar files and it worked perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 05:20 PM
    I restored again using the same backup data after installing the same apps with the .bar files and it worked perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome glad it worked for you, I singled out the App Data on my restore as the culprit causing me to lose my Quick Settings unfortunately, so I lose my progress in 2 of my games

Posted via my AzzazzinBerry (STL100-3/10.2.1.1055)
    11-18-13 05:41 PM
    Any chance you can get to the files manually? I know the Bad Piggies save is device / android / Android / files. Copying everything manually seems to recover everything for me. Some games store them in a folder in the same location called data.

Also, I wonder if Link will recover the data if it is created using the .apk.
    Posted via CB10
    jevinzac likes this.
    11-18-13 05:55 PM
    Any chance you can get to the files manually? I know the Bad Piggies save is device / android / Android / files. Copying everything manually seems to recover everything for me. Some games store them in a folder in the same location called data.

Also, I wonder if Link will recover the data if it is created using the .apk.
    Posted via CB10
    Never really thought about that, good idea I'll check in a bit

Posted via my AzzazzinBerry (STL100-3/10.2.1.1055)
    11-18-13 06:09 PM
    Is there any android apps which can do the backup? So that we can sideload it to our BlackBerry and do the backup?

11-19-13 04:42 AM